RS3 Saloon or Sportback

Great spec & tbh the TTS comes fully loaded - one of the few audis that does imo so no need for loads of extras.

I've driven a couple of the mark 3 TTS and had a mark 2 TTS myself from 2011-13.

It's a great package - loads of power and handling is superb. I'd have one but wife has a s line TT atm so too similar.

Will look stunning in mythos black - my TTS was black too but panther. The dash is ace in the TT you will enjoy that immensely.

Yeah I think it does, many are going for the Ara blue which does look nice if you choose the black edition.

The reviews on the handling are what made me decide to ditch the M235i after only 5 months as on the limit it was getting out of shape more than it should imo.

I don't really need the nav but I thought the dash is almost wasted without it so had to suck up the cost of the tech pack. It could do with a flip out centre screen as in most other Audis so I think they dropped the ball there. Not to worry though I have my digital gauges to compensate :grinning:

I owned a Mk1 225 Quattro and Mk2 S Line SE, both manual. I still kinda regret selling the Mk1 so I am hopeful that the TTS will fill the void

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I think you'll find that it was all the BS that was "set upon" nothing more. No one said there wouldn't be a SB, just that we hadn't seen one testing etc so there MIGHT not be one. I'm happy to eat humble pie along with everyone else, let's make it a banquet!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
Hasn't taken long for you to launch into all-out negativity again. Faced with the fact that's the SB is coming, looks great, has awesome specs and a worthy upgrade, and is now open for orders in April with deliveries starting August you have no option but to knock it by any obscure means you can.

Why not just be happy with your car? Your attitude (along with a couple of others) actually make me consider deleting my account in this forum and finding somewhere else to enjoy discussion about the RS3.

Face it: the car is coming, it will be great and it DOES make sense to buy for many. The new A3 is 2 years away, the RS at least 2 years after that, that's over 4 years from now by which time many may be ready for something new by then anyway.

Reactions: CraigI and Jassyo06
Hasn't taken long for you to launch into all-out negativity again. Faced with the fact that's the SB is coming, looks great, has awesome specs and a worthy upgrade, and is now open for orders in April with deliveries starting August you have no option but to knock it by any obscure means you can.

Why not just be happy with your car? Your attitude (along with a couple of others) actually make me consider deleting my account in this forum and finding somewhere else to enjoy discussion about the RS3.

Face it: the car is coming, it will be great and it DOES make sense to buy for many. The new A3 is 2 years away, the RS at least 2 years after that, that's over 4 years from now by which time many may be ready for something new by then anyway.

Here here.
TX is the one who was adamant that the SB is not happening and to stop 'day dreaming'

He's simply jealous and instead of driving 'his RS3' he loves to be a FL hater.

I love him though 'tearsofjoy' TX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TerryCTR
Yeah I never drive it, someone has managed to rack up 21k though :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Yeah I never drive it, someone has managed to rack up 21k though :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Well that can't be you.....you spend 21 hours a day on here talking about the FL.
TX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tom_L
New RS3 saloon front calipers are massive !

Close up taken from this pic from Carwow article on the RS3 saloon -

Just wondering whether carbon ceramics will be available on the saloon as Audi 'normally' colour their calipers silver if carbon brakes are fitted

B8.5 RS4 with carbon brakes -

2013-audi-rs4-avant-wheel-photo-444776-s-1280x782.jpg

I've read that they will be an option. But they'll be in the region of 4-5k as ceramic normally are. For road use? Can't see the point adding to what will be an expensive motor to start off with.

Reactions: D0C
New RS3 saloon front calipers are massive !

Close up taken from this pic from Carwow article on the RS3 saloon -

Just wondering whether carbon ceramics will be available on the saloon as Audi 'normally' colour their calipers silver if carbon brakes are fitted

B8.5 RS4 with carbon brakes -

2013-audi-rs4-avant-wheel-photo-444776-s-1280x782.jpg
There the same 8 pot brembo as fitted to the current one bristle.

Reactions: Radman
Yeah current calipers are HUGE BH.

Make it VERY difficult for cleaning around they are so tight to the rim of the alloy.

I suspect the brakes shown above are the carbons as yes the calipers are not the stabdard black.

If they are £4k to £5k goodness knows who will buy them lol

They might not squeal though :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Talking of squeaking brakes, mine were at it like a good'un this morning in creeping traffic. Highly embarrassing and totally unacceptable on such a car.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Talking of squeaking brakes, mine were at it like a good'un this morning in creeping traffic. Highly embarrassing and totally unacceptable on such a car.

There is supposedly an imminent official Dealer fix coming using dampers - so there is hope !!!!

The mk4 RS3 won't be out then. It'll be two years after if history is anything to go by.

My poin
Exactly. Which is my 4 year point.
t being is spending serious dollar on a motor car that looks likely to be out of date within a few months of driving it. It is just a merry go round as their is not a right or wrong time to buy but at least with the pre FL car there isn't a lot of difference visually than there would from a FL to a Mk 4 platform. Pause for thought really. The way Audi work, they tend to get the S and Rs Versions out fairly rapid nowadays. RS4 is out end of this year, less than 18 months after brand new platform A4 introduced.

Audi get RS models out fairly rapid...is that another tongue in cheek comment, Radman?!

The TTRS was supposed to be available to order 6 months ago. You still can't order one. They've got to be the worst company at product planning.

Reactions: Radman, Jassyo06 and TerryCTR
Audi get RS models out fairly rapid...is that another tongue in cheek comment, Radman?!

The TTRS was supposed to be available to order 6 months ago. You still can't order one. They've got to be the worst company at product planning.

@Bristle Hound I think I read on another thread that the ceramics were going to be an option on the new RS3. I maybe wrong but I think @jassyo06 mentioned it.

At the race track launch of both the current RS3/TTRS....all press car where fitted with carbon brakes....All RS3/TTRS press cars where fitted with standard brakes....ergo you'll never see them on a standard model

My point being is spending serious dollar on a motor car that looks likely to be out of date within a few months of driving it. It is just a merry go round as their is not a right or wrong time to buy but at least with the pre FL car there isn't a lot of difference visually than there would from a FL to a Mk 4 platform. Pause for thought really. The way Audi work, they tend to get the S and Rs Versions out fairly rapid nowadays. RS4 is out end of this year, less than 18 months after brand new platform A4 introduced.

Can I go back in time and order a pre-FL car? No
I highly doubt your "few months", but even so, will I be worried when Mr Mk4 E-Tron A3 pulls up next to me? No
Am I willing to wait for Audi to fanny around with another RS3 release and end up in 2020? No

Am I looking forward to being able to order the FL RS3, even if the costs are slightly higher? Yes

Maybe I'll even stick around here and troll the people posting about the RS3 in 2020 and tell them if they want one they should have ordered this year......

Reactions: JonoNZ
is it really due as soon as next year ?

when did the current model come out, was it 2012 ?
Yes, 2012.

The new A3 should be due around 2019, based on a typical 7-year lifespan of the platform. (8L - 7 years, 8P - 8 years).

That means the new RS3 would be due around 2020. I'll be in the market for something else by then. Perfect timing.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Spidey sense on here is off the scale on the 8v RS3 part...pity as there are few nice members

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone actually going to buy a FL RS3?

I thought someone had already paid a deposit?

The SB FL is not available for order in NZ just yet, but it should be in the next month or so. The Saloon has been able to be ordered since mid December.

It's very likely I'll order a well optioned RS3 SB FL as soon as it's possible.

The SB FL is not available for order in NZ just yet, but it should be in the next month or so. The Saloon has been able to be ordered since mid December.

It's very likely I'll order a well optioned RS3 SB FL as soon as it's possible.

Fair play JonoNZ, I take it you've got a spec in mind? What colour are you going for?

I was going to wait for the saloon myself but with the uncertainty over the release date I deceided a pre FL was a better option for my circumstances.

Like I've said before, everyone d serves the chance to own and drive one of these machines. In my eyes, one of the most underrated cars on the road today.
Forget your under steer talk and brakes should be ceramic blah blah blah, fire her up and just listen to that noise as you go through the gears.
Good luck guys, I hope your wait isn't too long. It is worth it. I pondered mine for over a year before I finally got one. To this day, no regrets.
Let's bring this FL and pre FL banter to an end. Getting a bit too nasty for my liking.

Reactions: Scottyg, Tom_L, dno_uk and 1 other person
Fair play JonoNZ, I take it you've got a spec in mind? What colour are you going for?

I was going to wait for the saloon myself but with the uncertainty over the release date I deceided a pre FL was a better option for my circumstances.
Current thinking is Nardo Grey, but there are a fair few RS3's in Nardo around Auckland already -- so I may need to look at other options.

The RS3 in NZ already includes virtual cockpit, all safety options, sports exhaust, etc as standard equipment, so obviously all of that plus...

7X5 Audi Park Assist with parallel parking assist
7Y5 Audi Active Lane Assist
8G4 Matrix LED Headlights incl. dynamic turn signals - front & rear
6XK Heated electrically adjustable exterior mirrors with anti-glare action and kerb assist
6FA Exterior mirror housing in body colour
PAH Gloss Black Styling Package
9VS Bang & Olufsen sound system
3FB Panoramic glass roof
NM5 Engine cover with carbon trim
5MB Inlays Carbon

Last edited:
Good stuff mate, bet you can't wait

Are the colours staying the same do you know?

Good stuff mate, bet you can't wait

Are the colours staying the same do you know?
I'm working off the NZ RS3 saloon/sedan pricelist (the SB FL priceless isn't out just yet), and it looks like the colours are the same:

Nardo Grey
Floret Silver
Glacier White
Mythos Black
Catalunya Red
Daytona Grey
Panther Black
Ara Blue

Audi NZ RS3 saloon/sedan pricelist and order form attached to this post, for those interested.

Attachments

• RS 3 Order Form MY17 13 Dec 2016.pdf
    168.7 KB · Views: 442
  • RS 3 SD Spec MY17 13 Dec 2016.pdf
    128 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Never understood the carbon engine cover option! I mean yeah, if it's a Ferrari with a glass engine cover so you can see it, but on an RS3 where the bonnet is up once each year for it's annual service?!

You can't buy one until Audi releases the car and it's pointless to putting a deposit down as you won't get the car any quicker in the UK anyways, yeah l am having one mate

I'll be looking at something like:

Floret Silver / BSP / Blackest wheels possible
Panther Black / ASP / Anthracite wheels
Ara Blue / BSP / Blackest wheels possible

As much as I'd love Daytona again, I think I should change!

Then options:

All black interior / Privacy glass
Virtual cockpit
Dynamic Pack (Sports exhaust etc)
Matrix LED Headlights incl. dynamic turn signals - front & rear
Heated electrically adjustable exterior mirrors with anti-glare action and kerb assist (I'm assuming these are folding)
Bang & Olufsen sound system
Interior light pack
Rear parking sensors

Nice to haves:

Panoramic glass roof
Engine cover with carbon trim
Inlays Carbon

The one thing that has annoyed me a bit is the seats. Compared to the TT and the R8 etc, the "Super Sports Seats" in the 8V across the board are a let down IMO. I have them in my S3, they are comfy, but they are no bucket / Recaro. So I'm toying with the idea of trying to source some Recaro buckets from the 8P, and just ordering the standard RS3 seats to swap them out.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and dno_uk
Are you thinking saloon or SB Tom?

I'd like to see more pictures of the FL with BSP, personally I'm not feeling the Aluminium trim but most of the press pictures seem to have it.

Reactions: Radman and Jassyo06