RS3 Saloon Ara Blue

Richard Rushen

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just signed up and thought I'd share my new purchase. Only had the car for a month. Must say it's an amazing tool. Drives like it's on rails, sounds amazing and the build quality is spot on. I'm still running it in so haven't unleashed the beast just yet, done 550 miles so far which I was told should be enough.

I have one question, can anyone tell me what each option does on the driver select as I can't seem to fine any detailed info on this. The manual isn't very good. I have the Mag ride and sports exhaust options. What I'd like is comfort settings but the exhaust to be loud. I set this but it seem to change from time to time. Is it temp related as to when the exhaust valve opens. If I go from D to S and then back to D that sometimes makes it louder. I keep messing around with it and I'm going to crash before long!

Cheers

DSC04535

DSC04537
DSC04539
DSC04540
DSC04543
DSC04544

Reactions: Enbarr, Bristle Hound, oli356 and 5 others
Hello All,

Just signed up and thought I'd share my new purchase. Only had the car for a month. Must say it's an amazing tool. Drives like it's on rails, sounds amazing and the build quality is spot on. I'm still running it in so haven't unleashed the beast just yet, done 550 miles so far which I was told should be enough.

I have one question, can anyone tell me what each option does on the driver select as I can't seem to fine any detailed info on this. The manual isn't very good. I have the Mag ride and sports exhaust options. What I'd like is comfort settings but the exhaust to be loud. I set this but it seem to change from time to time. Is it temp related as to when the exhaust valve opens. If I go from D to S and then back to D that sometimes makes it louder. I keep messing around with it and I'm going to crash before long!

Cheers

View attachment 146076
View attachment 146077 View attachment 146078 View attachment 146079 View attachment 146080 View attachment 146081

Welcome Richard and lovely RS you have there........

You need to set up individual in drive select so you can mix and match settings you like.

When you start up the car you need to press ‘drive select’ or the * button on the steering wheel (if you have drive select assigned to it that is) then select individual mode.

Reactions: Richard Rushen and DW81
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Post is now in right section

Reactions: Richard Rushen and T-800
It is always a lot louder in S. I generally just flip it to Dynamic as soon as I power up and job done. Haven't even bothered configuring the individual setting.

Reactions: Richard Rushen
Remember to scroll around back to dynamic or individual each ignition cycle as otherwise you don't get the LOUD map.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Richard Rushen and Sandra
That looks the business :sunglasses:

Remember to scroll around back to dynamic or individual each ignition cycle as otherwise you don't get the LOUD map.

TX.

Thank you, that's the info I was looking for. Even though I leave it in dynamic or individual, when I start it it's not as loud. Does selecting from D to S then back again have the same result???? Cheers

S will make it louder but not the over fueling so no pops or bangs on downshift.

TX.

S will make it louder but not the over fueling so no pops or bangs on downshift.

TX.

Ok thanks for that. Just one more question, what option do I need set to dynamic to get the pops and loud exhaust?

Reactions: MoKha
Set your * button to drive select and press it 4 times on each start up. Job done. Neighbours p1ssed off and a proper asbo job d0ne.

TX.

I find this to be the complete opposite on mine, I pop and bang like hell in S on downshifts even with only 240 miles on the clock but I have noticed that I have to come back around to get the loud exhaust again as someone has mentioned above.

Great looking car.

Two things I have to do every time I drive the car.

#1 - cycle from individual to comfort then back to individual - so we get the NOISE :)

#2 - turn off stop / start

Annoying you have to do this on every single trip, but you soon get used to it.

Reactions: Terminator x and Richard Rushen
Great looking car.

Two things I have to do every time I drive the car.

#1 - cycle from individual to comfort then back to individual - so we get the NOISE :)

#2 - turn off stop / start

Annoying you have to do this on every single trip, but you soon get used to it.
I am exactly the same!

Reactions: T-800 and Snake Pliskin
What are your individual settings you use out of interest?

I will need to check but pretty sure I am ....

Exhuast: Dynamic
Steering: Auto
Suspension: Comfort

I can't remember what #4 is ... is there a 4th lol ? :)

Might be engine but not sure.
If it is, I think I have auto again, so it does not hold the revs too high driving round town.

If I want high revs I either put the gearbox in S or change the MMI to dynamic.

Always fiddling with the settings now & again - like if I want FULL noise & exhaust down change pops - I select dynamic, but for everyday driving I stick with individual.

Last edited:
I will need to check but pretty sure I am ....

Exhuast: Dynamic
Steering: Auto
Suspension: Comfort

I can't remember what #4 is ... is there a 4th lol ? :)

Might be engine but not sure.
If it is, I think I have auto again, so it does not hold the revs too high driving round town.

If I want high revs I either put the gearbox in S or change the MMI to dynamic.

Always fiddling with the settings now & again - like if I want FULL noise & exhaust down change pops - I select dynamic, but for everyday driving I stick with individual.
I think it's engine that you're missing. I know my individual settings are all dynamic except for suspension which is set to comfort.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I think it's engine that you're missing. I know my individual settings are all dynamic except for suspension which is set to comfort.

I just find the steering a bit too heavy for daily driving in dynamic and as noted find the revs a little high in day to day round town.

But I do play around quite a bit with the MMI selecting dynamic mode when I want the full noise & power :)

Well thank you all for your help, much appreciated. I'm off to Cornwall this Saturday for the day so should get some time behind the wheel
:nogarors4::hubbahubba::sign imnew: lol

Hello All,

Cheers

View attachment 146076
View attachment 146077 View attachment 146078 View attachment 146079 View attachment 146080 View attachment 146081
@Richard Rushen - Hi & :welcome!: to Audi-Sport.Net !
Stunning RS3 saloon. Congrats !