RS3 Saloon and RS3 Sportback FL - Official 20 page press release

The base price in the UK for the FL if the Euro price is carried over is likely to be £50,000!!!

Base price of pre FL before the Brexit nonsense was £40,000. Well done Brexiteers, I suspect our Audi prices are going to go through the roof!

Reactions: Radman
The base price in the UK for the FL if the Euro price is carried over is likely to be £50,000!!!

Base price of pre FL before the Brexit nonsense was £40,000. Well done Brexiteers, I suspect our Audi prices are going to go through the roof!
Jeez, that's quite a hike. In NZ the price is going up about NZD$3000 (about GBP1700), but that's with a some more standard kit like virtual cockpit, pre-sense, etc now standard.

I think the problem we are facing in the UK is the diabolical Euro exchange rate with all the Brexit nonsense. It has dropped from approaching Euro 1.40 to circa Euro 1.10 in the last 2 years ( 1.30 to 1.10 since Brexit). Neither Audi nor their dealers can sustain maintaining prices for long. If base prices don't rise in line with the Euro/pound exchange rate you can be sure the discounts offered by dealers will reduce significantly.

I think those prices will equate to:

Sportback @ £45,000

Saloon @ £46,000

It reads as though a few extras will be included as standard such as B&O, phonebox & Cruise ... but all the really juicy stuff is still extra such as exhaust, mag ride, alloys, black pack, alu pack, super sports seats, virtual cockpit, ceramic brakes etc ... so yes these cars are gonna easily be £50 to £55k

Reactions: Jassyo06, Bristle Hound and Radman
Was hoping to see some different wheels for the saloon in the press release, I think the ones on the press cars look cheap and nasty

It's great that people will get to own one of these machines, but at what cost. Folk kinda missed the boat when they dithered about regarding getting a pre FL car. The problem is with cars like the RS is that you HAVE to spec it as high as possible for resale and wantability, that's just a fact of life. Factor in higher tax and low discounts, I don't think there will be as much of a rush to the dealers as there was for the pre FL. Like I said before, great for folks to get in one of these but in hindsight, buying mine when I did was a godsend.
Hope Audi haven't done themselves over with this one.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
I think those prices will equate to:

Sportback @ £45,000

Saloon @ £46,000

It reads as though a few extras will be included as standard such as B&O, phonebox & Cruise ... but all the really juicy stuff is still extra such as exhaust, mag ride, alloys, black pack, alu pack, super sports seats, virtual cockpit, ceramic brakes etc ... so yes these cars are gonna easily be £50 to £55k
Madness.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
"buying mine when I did was a godsend."

AMEN to that, Radman...
7063.gif

Reactions: AudiNutta, Radman and Snake Pliskin

@RGBARGEE - I remember when the pound hit 1.40 euro's back end of 2015
We didn't see Audi reducing the price of their cars then

Looks like Audi as well as other European car makers seem to forget this fact, but as the saying go's business is business !

Funny how everyone, who i suspect voted against Brexit, now blames it for everything lol
This topic is best left well alone me thinks lol

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:

Reactions: Beebee-one, Jassyo06, Thundercliffe81 and 2 others
@RGBARGEE - I remember when the pound hit 1.40 euro's back end of 2015
We didn't see Audi reducing the price of their cars then

Looks like Audi as well as other European car makers seem to forget this fact, but as the saying go's business is business !

Funny how everyone, who i suspect voted against Brexit, now blames it for everything lol
This topic is best left well alone me thinks lol

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:
Yeah @Bristle Hound save that for political forums, @Snake Pliskin your spot as per mate higher rrp higher residuals, something that hasn't been mentioned is how this £45/£46k price will equate to on a pcp deal in comparsion to say a £45k S3, now it's up to Audi how this is applied,but my specced S3 on a pcp deal worked out not much less than a £45k RS3 at this time last year,l think it was a extra £40 a month wirh a similar deposit,there will be a finance contribution by Audi on this car, but what that will be who knows £1000/£1500 max?

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Snake Pliskin
Yeah @Bristle Hound save that for political forums, @Snake Pliskin your spot as per mate higher rrp higher residuals, something that hasn't been mentioned is how this £45/£46k price will equate to on a pcp deal in comparsion to say a £45k S3, now it's up to Audi how this is applied,but my specced S3 on a pcp deal worked out not much less than a £45k RS3 at this time last year,l think it was a extra £40 a month wirh a similar deposit,there will be a finance contribution by Audi on this car, but what that will be who knows £1000/£1500 max?
45k base price remember. 51-52k specced

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
The press release confirms that emissions will be 189gms for the Sportback - this means the first year UK tax will be £800 added to the purchase price (not £1200 or £1500 as first feared). Note: current model was £550 at purchase.

I see ceramics are mentioned as an option, we will see if they actually make the options list when it comes to placing an order. If they are available this time I would guess them to be at least a £4K+ option - wonder how many people will actually spec them though as it will make the car wallet meltingly expensive.
The release says available to order in April but then says the launch will be in August? Should that not be the other way round?

Looking forward to the first round of road tests from the usual sources - EVO, Autocar et al, and of course the online configurator so we can all build one to our own specs and then swear loudly when we see the final OTR price. :wtf:

Disclaimer:
I declare this as a 'Brexit' free post - no attempt at dragging any politcs into it here! :readit:

Reactions: AudiNutta, Jassyo06, 45bvtc and 1 other person
August arrivals will be USA etc expect UK at end of 2017 or later as Audi website.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
Wowee, for a French price add 9660euro as their 'eco' tax.
Bizarre how it can be 55k euro in Germany yet the country next door charges an additional 9660euro...........presumably no German emissions come over the border! Explains why you hardly ever see performance petrol cars here and why after 3years I have seen 1 RS3 and 2 S3s.

Reactions: Radman and Terminator x
Wowee, for a French price add 9660euro as their 'eco' tax.
Bizarre how it can be 55k euro in Germany yet the country next door charges an additional 9660euro...........presumably no German emissions come over the border! Explains why you hardly ever see performance petrol cars here and why after 3years I have seen 1 RS3 and 2 S3s.

I don't wanna sound like an *******, but that's actually quite low...

Dutch eco taxes are far worse, big chance the RS3 saloon will be around the 90k range....