RS3 Saloon 1/2 confirmed

:hubbahubba:well that has thrown a spanner in the works!!.. lol

Reactions: The Challinor
Sod that!!! It's the Club Sport we want......... :hubbahubba:

Reactions: tektrob, ACWKGYTO, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Still think the RS3 dilutes the brand, just as the RSQ3 does. All 'proper' RS models have at least eight cylinders for a start - putting out an RS3 with a five-pot is cynical marketing in my view, they'd do far better to just up the power of the existing S3 a little and leave it at that. So many better driver's cars for this kind of money.

What's next, an RS1 with a four-cylinder?

(flame away, I don't care :p)

For me if Audi do make a RS3 saloon, it would at the very least have to have the 5 pot engine

A RS3 without one just wouldn't do, no sir!

Plus it must have big f off arches as per the Clubsport :jump:

Reactions: tektrob and Blackwhite
That car is so awesome

Especially the colour, spoiler and back end.
Agreed! :thumbs up:

Wonder if Audi would let you spec the magnetic blue colour as part of there exclusive paint range? :think:

Here you go Chall's, another pic from my 'stash' of Clubsport pics

2014-Audi-A3-Clubsport-Quattro-concept.jpg

Reactions: The Challinor, T-800 and Psyman79
Still think the RS3 dilutes the brand, just as the RSQ3 does. All 'proper' RS models have at least eight cylinders for a start - putting out an RS3 with a five-pot is cynical marketing in my view, they'd do far better to just up the power of the existing S3 a little and leave it at that. So many better driver's cars for this kind of money.

What's next, an RS1 with a four-cylinder?

(flame away, I don't care :p)

What a load of nonsense you obviously know nothing about the Audi RS pedigree and the 5 cylinder engine.

What a load of nonsense you obviously know nothing about the Audi RS pedigree and the 5 cylinder engine.
The V8s do sound the business though! Mind you a TTRS flew by me yesterday and it sounded immense :anbet:

TX.

Reactions: tektrob and DAYTONA 500
The V8s do sound the business though! Mind you a TTRS flew by me yesterday and it sounded immense :anbet:

TX.

I agree the v8's sound great and the RS4/5 will be my next car ,I've owned an RS3 and its a great all round driving experience and the new car looks very promising,ok it's gonna be expensive but that's life you're still getting a lot of car for the money.Theres been a aweful lot of negativity from people on this forum about the new car and it's coming from all the people that have no intention of buying one for one reason or another .

Reactions: voorhees and T-800
Agreed............. 5 cylinder and Audi = perfect match

Why do people keep banging on about using or upping the power of the EA888 engine for the new RS 3 ??

Seems more people on here like or want the R400 than an Audi model.............. go and annoy the R forum if thats the case..........

Reactions: The Challinor, Psyman79 and DAYTONA 500

Firstly I'd forgotten that the TTRS used the 5-cylinder unit too.

As for "Audi RS pedigree and the 5 cylinder engine", what are you on about? AFAIK the RS2 was the only historic RS model to use a 5-cylinder engine. One model is hardly "pedigree". If you're on about the history of the 5-cylinder, then the current engine has absolutely ****** all to do with the legendary one fitted to the original Quattro, plus that wasn't an "RS" model anyway.

Anyway. Mrs Nimbus had agreed in principle to the RS3, and to be honest I couldn't give a monkeys about pedigree. I love the car, so I'm gonna get one, and it will be in sepang blue with mono-pur as well!

As for "Audi RS pedigree and the 5 cylinder engine", what are you on about? AFAIK the RS2 was the only historic RS model to use a 5-cylinder engine. One model is hardly "pedigree". If you're on about the history of the 5-cylinder, then the current engine has absolutely ****** all to do with the legendary one fitted to the original Quattro, plus that wasn't an "RS" model anyway.

More nonsense again
45765_1294572293.gif

Reactions: S3 AD and T-800
Theres been a aweful lot of negativity from people on this forum about the new car and it's coming from all the people that have no intention of buying one for one reason or another .

Sorry, didn't realise we're not allowed to have an opinion that differs from yours. You may love the RS3 but there are many of us who don't think it's that great. Deal with it.

Already sold when the time arrives mate........... I've someone wanting it.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500

The RS2 was the first of the Audi RS brand so surely that gives the 5 cylinder 20 valve turbo charged engine pedigree?

But then extending that logic perhaps it also needs to be an Avant to be a true RS:devilish:?

I was lucky enough to own an RS2 for 5 years and the move away from Avant and turbo charging initially felt wrong to me. But I love the idea of owning an RS3 with 5 cylinders and a turbo if I could afford it.

From £45495!!! how much, crazy!

I did think about with a possibility of trading in my S3 if the RS3 was a few K more, but near £46K plus options (so near £55K for a loaded one) that's insane

Sorry, didn't realise we're not allowed to have an opinion that differs from yours. You may love the RS3 but there are many of us who don't think it's that great. Deal with it.

Agreed for the price tag I don't think it looks special enough