RS3 rotors on S3?

Bradks3

Reaction score
I have been thinking about fitting some RS3 rotors to my S3 sportback. I currently have some aftermarket 19" wheels fitted and was surprised that the handling and ride vastly improved over the standard 18s, seemed less harsh, possibly due to the tyres (Goodyear eagle 2s).
Anyway I want to keep everything as OEM as possible, and actually really like the rotors.
I was wondering does anyone else have these on their S3? If so did you go for the 8.0 all round or the staggered (wider fronts) 8.0/8.5 wheels.
Anyone with any technical knowledge know if the staggered wheels would be of any advantage to a standard S3?
I'm also concerned they may look strange on an S3 as I'm sure the Rs3 has slightly wider front arches. Please correct if I'm wrong.
Any input would be appreciated.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and pburv
I have been thinking about fitting some RS3 rotors to my S3 sportback. I currently have some aftermarket 19" wheels fitted and was surprised that the handling and ride vastly improved over the standard 18s, seemed less harsh, possibly due to the tyres (Goodyear eagle 2s).
Anyway I want to keep everything as OEM as possible, and actually really like the rotors.
I was wondering does anyone else have these on their S3? If so did you go for the 8.0 all round or the staggered (wider fronts) 8.0/8.5 wheels.
Anyone with any technical knowledge know if the staggered wheels would be of any advantage to a standard S3?
I'm also concerned they may look strange on an S3 as I'm sure the Rs3 has slightly wider front arches. Please correct if I'm wrong.
Any input would be appreciated.
@Rob2k68 ..Should have an answer for you...:friends:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
May be wrong but I always thought with staggered wheels the wider ones were at the rear... at least it has been this way with some Jaguar and Mercedes AMGs I've seen

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Staggered wheels on the RS3 is an option, the wider 8.5J wheels with the 255 tyres are fitted to the front axle to help reduce understeer.

On rear drive cars, Astons, Jags, Mercs, etc the rear are indeed wider to help get the power down.

Correct - RS3 does indeed have subtly flared wings/arches all round to accommodate them.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, azibux1 and 1 other person
Staggered wheels on the RS3 is an option, the wider 8.5J wheels with the 255 tyres are fitted to the front axle to help reduce understeer.

On rear drive cars, Astons, Jags, Mercs, etc the rear are indeed wider to help get the power down.

Correct - RS3 does indeed have subtly flared wings/arches all round to accommodate them.
Ahhh that explains the difference then!

Thanks @Rob2k68!

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Rob2k68
You can fit 235/35/19 RS3...alloys on to your S3 in either all silver or titainium alloys no problem...you can buy a nearly new set including tyres for around £1800 from a German site ebay,now Factory upgraded RS3 Alloys....come in either titainium grey or high gloss black...they came with wider front only...they are 255/30/19...you may struggle...l am sure me buddy @Daytonapig has the standard Titainium 235/35/19 on his stunning facelift car

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Rob2k68

Naw they fitted 255 tryes to reduce the really bad understeer....lol

Reactions: deanshaw24, Jcbmally, pburv and 1 other person
Not noticed really bad understeer, perhaps a S3 thing ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jimojameso and pburv
People keep saying "bad understeer" which I've not experienced. 15k miles so far.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv