RS3 Review

Still too many doors. Still, has to be one of the best estate cars in the world so thats good...

Reactions: 45bvtc and The Challinor
The reality is that Audi sell very few RS cars. I think I read their target is 15k per year across all RS models. So it's not economically viable to have an RS version of every non-RS model. Hence they do estates and 'proper' coupes. RS4 Avant, RS5 coupe.

And with the MQB platform that currently means there will be an RS3 Sportback and a TT-RS to come. Maybe they'll change that direction as the U.S. and China seem to like saloons. And China in particular is a big, new market that all the car manufacturers want to get into.

Why put in an order for something you can't physically see or drive ?

Why not? Bought my XF-S and the Q5 the same way - didn't regret it. At 55, I've owned in excess of 20 cars, and driven hundreds of hire cars. I love driving, never really found a car I hated. It will be the same inside as my current S3; what is there not to like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not? I want a new car...I have driven the 8v s3, I liked it but want an rs model. The Rs4 is too big. Wouldn't buy anything other than an Audi. What are my options??

If the response from those on here is anything to go by - I don't think the phrase selling like hot cakes really applies. As the most prolific Audi forum in the UK with thousands of members, I think I have counted <10 who have put have actually put in an order.

Perhaps the phrase should be selling like Hot Hatches:o.k:

Reactions: Nimbus265

I made that mistake once with the second version of the golf R32 and was then stuck with a car I didn't like. It's a lot of money to **** up the wall on something you've never seen or driven! Also, ordering a car from launch? I'd rather let the dust settle first and watch the extra options start to arrive and improved deals. Just look at how the moaning coming from a number of new TT owners who ordered without seeing or driving the car...

Reactions: T-800
I bought both my last two cars unseen - a TTS on launch and the RS3. I was very happy with the TTS from day 1, but to be honest it took me a long time (and different tyres) to gel with the RS3.

You need to wear you brave trousers when buying without a test drive...

Reactions: T-800