RS3 red caliper touch up

Nickyc

Reaction score
Hi all, I noticed a couple of chips on my red calipers, has anyone used anything to touch them up that matches the factory paint ? If so can I ask what you used please ?

Reactions: Jimbob76
Hi all, I noticed a couple of chips on my red calipers, has anyone used anything to touch them up that matches the factory paint ? If so can I ask what you used please ?

Daft as it may seem but Hammerite Smooth Red (and as others have advised earlier - elsewhere on ASN) is near enough for my own 2016 AUDI SQ5 red calipers

Pro cut SQ5 brake disc

Hope this helps...

Reactions: Jimbob76 and Nickyc
Daft as it may seem but Hammerite Smooth Red (and as others have advised earlier - elsewhere on ASN) is near enough for my own 2016 AUDI SQ5 red calipers

View attachment 210174

Hope this helps...
Thanks, do you think they are all the same red ? How was it on yours ? Exact match or can you see a difference in the colour ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks, do you think they are all the same red ? How was it on yours ? Exact match or can you see a difference in the colour ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Same/similar red as on mine and indistinguishable unless out with the magnifying glass, OK for me to be sure

And if you're running OEM brake pads then you'll only notice a difference after you've washed the brake calipers abyway

Reactions: Jimbob76
Yep, Hammerite smooth red and a cocktail stick will do the trick...

Before:
8BB7FEEC D1F4 4C23 8D3F B6010B0F5A67

After:
48DCE109 1A89 4788 A58C 88C2B09A6512

18 months on and the touch up has held up - can definitely withstand the high temperatures the brakes throw out :thumbs up:

The paint chips stuck out like a sore thumb before - the touch ups mean I don’t even notice them now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nickyc