RS3 Rebuild Project

If your honeycombed part off the grille is fine then all you need to do is unclip the trim and you can replace it with most 8P trim from there grille's or even aftermarket . Only way I know this is my son changed over mine on my last grille . and I am sure another member changed his chrome to Black on his RS3 one .
I did think that, but it would need to be alu or I think it would look silly? And only an rs3 grill has alu trim :(

I did think that, but it would need to be alu or I think it would look silly? And only an rs3 grill has alu trim :(
What about this one in pic , a little unusual
IMG 20190226 150731 1920x1440

I think you can buy the chrome from site sponsors Crewe Audi

Reactions: deanshaw24
Is the OE wing carbon as that is what I'd heard?

TX.

Ouch, that's an expensive panel.
You don't realise this when you buy the car, you just assume the extra power, bigger brakes and the badge warrant the extra money. When you have to find new parts you start to realise what you've bought and why it cost so much.

@deanshaw24 awesome work getting it stripped down, I imagined it would have been a lot worse, but it’s not to bad at all. Can’t wait for the next video to see how your progressing. Keep up the good work. :) x

If you want to be a youtuber, pay some attention on the noise levels on your videos. You're blasting over loud crap "music" but at times I can barely hear what you are saying.

If you want to be a youtuber, pay some attention on the noise levels on your videos. You're blasting over loud **** "music" but at times I can barely hear what you are saying.
My mate said that as well, out of interest did you watch it on a phone? I’ve just watched it off my phone and the sound levels seem okay. I will test it on the next one though Thankyou

Reactions: 45bvtc
I cast it to my TV and found the volumes to be a bit better on the 2nd and 3rd episode, but you have placed the music over your voice a couple of times, albeit for a very short time.
But you can't be expected to get it perfect straight away, and most of us are watching for the development of the car, not your editing skills.

Reactions: 45bvtc, Sandra and deanshaw24
I cast it to my TV and found the volumes to be a bit better on the 2nd and 3rd episode, but you have placed the music over your voice a couple of times, albeit for a very short time.
But you can't be expected to get it perfect straight away, and most of us are watching for the development of the car, not your editing skills.
Yes for some reason it’s when it’s cast to a tv, as listening on a phone works fine. So not sure how to adjust that? Yeah I forgot to remove the camera noise a few times, noticed too late. But I can confirm I’ve never edited a thing in my life, so I’m still learning what the software can do, but hopefully it will improve! I’m still filming of my iPhone as well! Need to get a proper camera.

Reactions: ch1z64, Sandra and Daveyonthemove
Yes for some reason it’s when it’s cast to a tv, as listening on a phone works fine. So not sure how to adjust that? Yeah I forgot to remove the camera noise a few times, noticed too late. But I can confirm I’ve never edited a thing in my life, so I’m still learning what the software can do, but hopefully it will improve! I’m still filming of my iPhone as well! Need to get a proper camera.

I watched it on my iPhone and the only thing I would say is that the music is a lot louder than when you’re talking, you can hear the music fine but then when you start talking I had to raise the volume a little.
As someone else said though it’s all about your project, I’ve enjoyed what I’ve seen so far and to be honest I personally couldn’t really care less about the music etc. If you’re planning on doing it with future builds etc then I suppose it’s something to iron out. But carry on doing what you’re doing, I enjoy watching it.

Reactions: Sandra
Reactions: deanshaw24 and Daveyonthemove
I reckon he can break that steering rack into separate parts and get his £60 back.

Much better video with the music/editing side, I think you have it just right on this video.
Keep it up, looking forward to the next video.

subscribed.

you bought a whole steering rack just to replace the inner tie rod?
the part number is 1K0423810A, lemforder do them for around £20.
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/lemforder/1262134

edit- just seen the reply on your video, that dealership are donuts.
https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+rs3+sportback/rs3/2012-720/
if it happens again, get the oem part numbers from there, throw them into a site like autodoc to get the aftermarket equivs and go from there
Yeah I should have known really! My mistake! I would normally have stripped it before I order parts, but I wanted to film it all in one so ended up buying a rack ☹️

I reckon he can break that steering rack into separate parts and get his £60 back.

Much better video with the music/editing side, I think you have it just right on this video.
Keep it up, looking forward to the next video.
Cheers mate!! Slowly getting better I hope ha!

Reactions: 45bvtc and Daveyonthemove
Cheers mate!! Slowly getting better I hope ha!

It's brilliant, Dean, no worries.

I note you car didn't have the 47i6 front brake discs/calipers/directional brake pads/Requill resonators, upgrade - easy to spot as the 47i6 upgrade had the Requill resonators fitted to the caliper, like so:

Vito  978

Update-Code: 47i6
Released: 2. April 2013
Vehicules: RS3 und TTRS, alle MJ
Countires: all
Description: on complaint
a) brake caliper and pads: 8P0 698 996
b) brake disks: 8P0 615 301 B

Not that these Requill resonators (see thumbnail #2) were of any use in reducing the low speed brake squeal - mine are still on the garage shelf. Best solution is either the Mintex self-adhesive anti-squeal shim or the Brembo/Mitsubishi stainless steel shim (see thumbnail #3) - why Audi haven't bothered to use this I've zero idea, but onward with your superbly recorded rebuild videos, very much appreciated...
5187.gif

Requill Capture P1000475

Reactions: deanshaw24 and Terminator x
My mate said that as well, out of interest did you watch it on a phone? I’ve just watched it off my phone and the sound levels seem okay. I will test it on the next one though Thankyou

The noise levels are different but lets be honest it's your first attempt and most of us (me included) wouldn't even know how to edit the stuff together.

It's not a big deal as i've just watched your 3rd video on the laptop.

Keep em coming, it's interesting.

It's brilliant, Dean, no worries.

I note you car didn't have the 47i6 front brake discs/calipers/directional brake pads/Requill resonators, upgrade - easy to spot as the 47i6 upgrade had the Requill resonators fitted to the caliper, like so:

View attachment 177059

Update-Code: 47i6
Released: 2. April 2013
Vehicules: RS3 und TTRS, alle MJ
Countires: all
Description: on complaint
a) brake caliper and pads: 8P0 698 996
b) brake disks: 8P0 615 301 B

Not that these Requill resonators (see thumbnail #2) were of any use in reducing the low speed brake squeal - mine are still on the garage shelf. Best solution is either the Mintex self-adhesive anti-squeal shim or the Brembo/Mitsubishi stainless steel shim (see thumbnail #3) - why Audi haven't bothered to use this I've zero idea, but onward with your superbly recorded rebuild videos, very much appreciated...
5187.gif

View attachment 177060 View attachment 177061

Hopefully I’ll get to find out if I have brake squeal very soon! :) and also if the gearbox is fine haha

The noise levels are different but lets be honest it's your first attempt and most of us (me included) wouldn't even know how to edit the stuff together.

It's not a big deal as i've just watched your 3rd video on the laptop.

Keep em coming, it's interesting.
I think I have the noise levels sussed now, just have to reduce the music and increase my voice levels. Part 5 will be going live tomorrow! It’s been a busy week so haven’t had much chance to work on the car this week.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Daveyonthemove
I think I have the noise levels sussed now, just have to reduce the music and increase my voice levels. Part 5 will be going live tomorrow! It’s been a busy week so haven’t had much chance to work on the car this week.

Where was part 4? Have i missed that one?

Part 5 is live!

Reactions: disk0, samisnake, Forecast.bucket.s and 3 others
@deanshaw24 hey Dean, nice work with the door. Video was informative and well put together. When can we expect part 6? Obviously we will take your day job into consideration, lol. X

Reactions: deanshaw24 and 45bvtc
Great videos Dean can’t wait for the next one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra
Hi guys Part 6 is now live! Small update as I’m still really busy and haven’t had much time to work on the car. But I thought and update is better than nothing :)

Reactions: Sandra, disk0 and samisnake
Hi guys Part 6 is now live! Small update as I’m still really busy and haven’t had much time to work on the car. But I thought and update is better than nothing :)
Buzzin mate :) been waiting all week for this. Enjoyed all your content so far on the vids. Keep it up laa

Reactions: Sandra and deanshaw24
‘Lots of parts’ = lots of dosh
Can’t wait for the carbon wings resolution.
Anyway good luck with the repair.

Yes part 7 is now live Thankyou abmat! :)

Reactions: 45bvtc, Sandra and Goner
Looking good Dean :thumbs up:

Part 8 live now guys and a new car :icon thumright:

Reactions: 45bvtc, Sandra and Goner
Two lovely motors there dean and the sound from the standard exhaust is immense