RS3 rear diffuser

paul_zx6r

Reaction score
Looking for a bit more of an aggressive rear end.

Anyone who's fitted an RS3 rear diffuser to an S3 sportback, what is actually involved, and can the S3 diffuser be put back on, once it comes time to sell the car??

unbolting it and then trying your hardest to seperate the double sided tape they use to bond it to the car without actually snapping the s3 one . the rs3 one is bonded back on the car .

You could always just buy the rs3 lower section instead of removing the S3 diffuser from the lower bumper .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could always just buy the rs3 lower section instead of removing the S3 diffuser from the lower bumper .

Yes that's what I'm planning on doing, I've read a few places that's the s3 diffuser needs to be cut to fit the rs3 one. I've already got a price for the rs3 diffuser.

Rs3 diffuser purchased, going to give it a go of fitting over the weekend. I'll take some pics as never actually found any or a how to guide, so will help people out wanting to do the same.

Interested to see... sure some one on here has fitted rs3 one... parker his last name

Yeah a few guys have but there's not to many pics, well I can't find many. Just a few saying cut the s3 diffuser up but I'm hoping I won't have to do that.

Yep seen that cheers mate, still no pics of where to cut or anything though, I did ask in his thread.

Where did you buy the diffuser from Paul?

Sorry been very busy , You do have to cut out the some of the lower section on the S3 to fit the RS3 diffuser , its not hard though , i also bolted it on at each bottom corner , not sure what pics i have , will take a look on my phone , i did not bond the RS3 one , its genuine and a perfect fit without any need to bond it on .

Just finished doing it, I'll put the few pics up that I took later, basically take the s3 diffuser off, the the valence off, cut the s3 valence below the upper clips and the rs3 diffuser clips on, put valence back on and put the 2 lower screws back in underneath.

I've also bonded to upper clips in place to the bumper and will be putting 2 more screws in either side at the bottom when I get 5 mins.

Reactions: S.
All of the lower valence needs cutting away

%5BURL=http://s1098.photobucket.com/user/p...1-AF3C-4336-BD3E-92CD5A181B71.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

And the the rs3 diffuser can clip to the upper part

%5BURL=http://s1098.photobucket.com/user/paul_zx6r/media/s3/0A7F61B8-D560-4514-A2E1-C9FA1766FF4B.jpg.html][/URL]

Leaving this when finished

%5BURL=http://s1098.photobucket.com/user/paul_zx6r/media/s3/56EC39A0-8499-4F1A-AD9E-5A42C9989DE3.jpg.html][/URL]

%5BURL=http://s1098.photobucket.com/user/paul_zx6r/media/s3/C1FB6E9A-49DB-4C9B-816E-7D99335479BB.jpg.html][/URL]

%5BURL=http://s1098.photobucket.com/user/paul_zx6r/media/s3/3B6358C8-8959-4C3D-95F6-CE05704BBEBB.jpg.html][/URL]

Massive improvement I think, just don't be worried about cutting the lower valance, took me most of the day as I was just cutting small bits at a time, but should be a 2-3 hour job really.

Reactions: HHS3
No sorry mate, it's basically the whole lower valence below the upper clips

Reactions: DeckedS3
Just finished doing it, I'll put the few pics up that I took later, basically take the s3 diffuser off, the the valence off, cut the s3 valence below the upper clips and the rs3 diffuser clips on, put valence back on and put the 2 lower screws back in underneath.

I've also bonded to upper clips in place to the bumper and will be putting 2 more screws in either side at the bottom when I get 5 mins.
Is it a bumper off job? Can it be done on 3 door s3?

No not bumper off, just the lower valence needs removing.

I'm pretty sure the rs3 diffuser only fits sportbacks, but you can get a copy diffuser on eBay for 3 doors. Can't comment on fitment though as mines as genuine rs3 one.

I may give this a go on the 3 door. If it means I need the lower valance off a SB I'll get that later. Do you have the diffuser part number?

Yep it's 8P4807434H T94.

I'll get some more pics from underneath might make it easier to see where I've cut it, unless you can zoom in on the previous pics and make it out.

I didn't remove the lower valance or cut it all away , you only need to cut around 3" of the bottom , its to allow the rs3 brackets to fit .

Mine wouldn't clip in properly on the exhaust side, until I took the valence off and cut the lower bit off.

I can't get those pics to work. I've ordered the diffuser anyway. Even if I have to use glue

here you go these should work

How much was the diffuser mate as I'm getting it done in gloss black as well and Audi Stirling quoted me £245. Just making sure that's about right. I will get a discount off that as well I think.

You can get them off the parts section on here. Think their around £205 inc postage and it's already gloss black so no need to paint it.

Reactions: HHS3
Cheers guys, will look into this shortly.

Sounds about right, I've paid £180 through a mate.

Let us know how you get on with the 3 door please mate, as I've currently got plans to get my S3 diffuser sprayed black.

So, I had a hack and as expected the RS3 diffuser doesn't fit the S3. I'm going to try getting an RS3 rear skirt that fits between the bumper and diffuser and see if that fits. I doubt it, but it's worth a go....

33579246303_5fcbcfb063_b.jpg

So, I had a hack and as expected the RS3 diffuser doesn't fit the S3. I'm going to try getting an RS3 rear skirt that fits between the bumper and diffuser and see if that fits. I doubt it, but it's worth a go....

33579246303_5fcbcfb063_b.jpg

Well in for trying mate, fingers crossed the RS3 skirt does the trick.

Fair play for giving it ago though bud.

IMG 1287

It is possible to fit this to a 3 door s3, It is not easy. You have to modify the diffuser and the lower bumper. fabricate new brackets and modify the back box

Reactions: S. and HHS3