RS3 Pricing Prediction?

VWNCC

Reaction score
Here is the current pricing structure for the CA market, how much would the RS3?

A3 2.0T quattro S-line with same standard equipment as base S3 = 43.5k
Base S3 = 46.6k
S3 + SS seat = 48.1k
Base RS3 = ???

Based on some of the reports, I am assuming the base RS3 will have the SS seat along with the bigger enginer, better brakes, exhaust as standard but other equipment will be optional. That's kinda analogous to the base S3 vs. equivalent S-line where the S3 only gets the better engine, brakes, and exhaust as standard and it is only ~3k more.

I wonder how much Audi is gonna charge for that better engine, brakes, and exhaust in the RS3 for....

Another way you could look at it... how does the S3 compare with the TTS... and since the pricing has now been announced for the TTRS, should be able to have a guess at the RS3...?

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
A lot !!!!
IMG 1082

Reactions: SteveMcB, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Another way you could look at it... how does the S3 compare with the TTS... and since the pricing has now been announced for the TTRS, should be able to have a guess at the RS3...?

How is the TTRS standard equipment compared to the TTS?

How is the TTRS standard equipment compared to the TTS?

The TTRS does'nt come with magride as standard its a option,TTS has it standard......everything worth while will be a option the RS3 saloon,dynamic pack.....etc etc....£50k car

Reactions: pburv and Scottyg
Oh no! My S3 saloon is no longer any good....Going to need an RS3 saloon!!
CKjRSpjWsAAmgLO.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06
I'm in Canada; my rep says "not very much more than the S3" (haha). I'd have to guess the C43 is a market comparison. I've had my deposit in for almost a year now, maybe see pricing in December? My kids think the S3 is fast enough and that I'm nuts.

I'd expect the Sport Exhaust, Ceramic Brakes, and the wider front wheels to be optional. sounds like we get the virtual dash in the base car.

I predict (hope) the base price will be around £43/44k. That still leaves it more expensive than the competition in the CLA45 and C43, espescially when discounts are applied. The RS3 SB was under £40k basic, can't see it being more than £4k over that.

I predict (hope) the base price will be around £43/44k. That still leaves it more expensive than the competition in the CLA45 and C43, espescially when discounts are applied. The RS3 SB was under £40k basic, can't see it being more than £4k over that.

Dream on,a S3 black edition saloon,starts from £41k.....

Dream on,a S3 black edition saloon,starts from £41k.....

Where are you getting £41k from? Audi has basic S3 saloon S-tronic Black edition as £38k. That includes black styling pack, privacy glass, upgraded alloys and B&O stereo, most, if not all, are likely to be cost options on the RS3.

A basic new S3 SB S-Tronic is £34.5k, and the RS3 SB was about £40k. So £5.5k difference. Apply that to the new S3 saloon at £36.5k and you get £42k, so I'm gonna stick by my guess of £43-44k. Suppose a lot depends on what standard equipment comes with the RS3, but can't see it being much more than 2K over a CLA45 or C43. After all, the RS3 SB wasn't much different to the A45. Only time will tell :)

Where are you getting £41k from? Audi has basic S3 saloon S-tronic Black edition as £38k. That includes black styling pack, privacy glass, upgraded alloys and B&O stereo, most, if not all, are likely to be cost options on the RS3.

A basic new S3 SB S-Tronic is £34.5k, and the RS3 SB was about £40k. So £5.5k difference. Apply that to the new S3 saloon at £36.5k and you get £42k, so I'm gonna stick by my guess of £43-44k. Suppose a lot depends on what standard equipment comes with the RS3, but can't see it being much more than 2K over a CLA45 or C43. After all, the RS3 SB wasn't much different to the A45. Only time will tell :)
Audi's press release states virtual cockpit technology package optional, 235 rotors standard, super sports seats optional, basically the same standard spec as the sportback RS3, a S3 saloon stronic starts at £37k plus metallic paint, black edition costs £40,038

S3 saloon S-tronic black edition with no options, including standard paint, comes in at £38,030 ROTR. Thats on the Audi UK configurator.

I predict around the £45k mark, a few decent extras taking it to £50k.
Too expensive IMO.
Feel lucky I got my 65 plate SB at the price I did. Great value for money:smiley:
Those S3 figures say it all... ridiculous!

Nah configurator on my phone is telling me the same price mate,besides it's a £46k car at least

Screenshot 20161101 191928

Probably the Audi "suggested" spec.

I can't see it starting at £5k more than the RS3 SB, espescially if the equipment is similar. Like I've said, the RS3 SB was in line with the A45, I think the RS3 saloon won't be much more than the CLA45. The only thing that will push it up to £45k is the drop in the value of the pound, and only if Merc raise their prices.

On the upside, I see orangewheels have a decent discount on the TTRS, lets hope there will be something similar on the RS3!

We'll all just have to wait and see :)

Don't forget the RS3 saloon is getting the newer lighter engine and the 'extra' 30bhp (we all know ours puts out more than standard)
I wouldn't compare it to the C43 that's more aimed at 335i, S4 territory but I'd also agree it will probably be slightly higher than the CLA having more power and faster but slightly under the auto M2, 45k is a good shout.