1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

RS3 Potential Sale

zaka7 Dec 15, 2020

1. zaka7

zaka7 Registered User

Hi all

I am unfortunately looking into selling my beloved RS3!! Not something I want to do, but priorities and circumstances have changed and I cannot justify it any more!

My question is, to those that have sold RS' and the like before, What companies did you find gave you best price and best service? I have a few ideas, and even WBAC have offered me a pretty good price! Which amazed me. (Though I know they then love to beat it down and make up issues)

Any advice / recommendations would be great. I am not willing to sell privately for what I assume to be obvious reasons.

Thanks in advance :)

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Dan_DJT

Dan_DJT RS3 Saloon

I sold mine to where I work so was lucky to get a quick and hassle free sale. Before I sold it I was in touch with Andrew at VolksWizard http://volkswizard.co.uk/ and he showed an interest in buying it. Might be worth sending him an email.

4. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Depends on mileage and age of car try our site sponsor

https://www.prestigeperformanceyorkshire.co.uk/sell-your-audi/

5. zaka7

zaka7 Registered User

Thanks i'll check him out, is where you work interested in another ;)

6. zaka7

zaka7 Registered User

Sandra likes this.
  7. Dan_DJT

Dan_DJT RS3 Saloon

we already have two RS3 so dont think we need another

RGBARGEE and Sandra like this.
  8. zaka7

zaka7 Registered User

Hard life ;)

Dan_DJT and Sandra like this.
  9. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Well-Known Member

I've always found main dealers are happy to sell for me if they know the car and it is fairly new and unmolested. What age, mileage extras etc has it got.

10. terminator x

terminator x Registered User

Sandra likes this.
  11. postie

postie New Member

If you go down WBAC leave the quote for now they sometimes come back and guarantee the price saves the hassle of turning up and having car ripped to bits.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. RGBARGEE

In 2015 WBAC offered £22k for an 18 month old S3 I sold for £31k -

14. NevMan

NevMan Well known member

Try sales@jksc.co.uk but only if you have had no paintwork done, as they use paint depth gauge all round when checking car. Bought wife’s JCW back in Feb and offered a fair amount more than WBAC and the other usual suspects. Assuming car good, pay there and then and will settle finance etc

https://www.jksc.co.uk/sellyourcarform/

15. rdj

rdj Registered User

I've just sold mine and I showed the salesman the WBAC price and he eventually matched it. Prices are surprisingly strong at the moment as there are a lot of buyers going for these type of cars as the lockdowns have made them say 'sod it, get one while you can afford it/able'..

16. Spinstorm

Spinstorm Registered User

WBAC undervalue all cars.

I’d never sell to them unless I knew my car was rubbish and wanted a quick sale.

Also enter your email once on their site and they will never leave you alone ever again.

17. postie

postie New Member

In a perfect world nobody would use WBAC but if it helps people get to where they want to be if purchasing a new car,etto.

18. RGBARGEE

I agree to a degree. Many folks can’t be bothered to put in the effort to get a good deal and I understand that. Many others including me try to sell privately or via a dealer for a fee. This only works if you can make alternative transportation arrangements for a few days/weeks.

19. garethdj

garethdj Member

For those saying WBAC will rip your car to shreds, undervalue etc, not always. Sold my new shape civic type r earlier this year. Granted the car was just about 18 months old but I got the full price offered, which was RETAIL money. There was a mass exodus of guys selling from the type r owners club because of this. 3 days after I sold mine the bubble burst and the valuation dropped by 4k. Also never ever take the first price offered, I've never heard of them guarantee the price but they will always come back with a higher valuation if you leave it, sometimes it will go up twice.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

20. FBF01

FBF01 Registered User

21. Al49

Al49 Registered User

I purchased my RS3 saloon from Dhyllan at Automotive Addiction. I found the service to be excellent both before and after the sale. They also offered the highest price for the vehicle I traded in.

FBF01 likes this.
  22. jebusRS

jebusRS Registered User

they also charge ridiculous prices.

infernox, s3bow and T-1000 like this.
  23. infernox

infernox Registered User

What car you thinking of getting next? I really struggle to think of what to go for. Maybe get a cheap to run hybrid and a 2 door coupe/old supercar. The closest equivalent to this car would be an RSQ3, while I do like how they look, it would just be a higher up, slower and worse handling car. If it was cheaper I'd go for it :tearsofjoy:. I did get a P/X value on my car at Audi for £34k which was alright, guess they would sell it for close to £40k. Kept its value well.