RS3 Pick Up Day.

Eigdoog

±§~Quadzackular~§±
Reaction score
Thought i would include my story for the day.

For a start they had a midnight launch that i could not go to but on Facebook they added some pictures and one of them was mine sitting there in all its glory. Looked amazing and just got me even more excited to pick it up.

I woke up around 6am Tuesday morning like a child on Christmas morning! It was raining and really horrible day to be fair. Got ready and then had a lift from my parents in their Jaaag with my girlfriend.

We set off around 7:20 to Kings Lynn for a breakfast before picking the car up at 9. Once breakfast was over i could not wait to get going! We arrived at the dealer to be seen straight away with a nice can of coke and refreshments for the family. Did some paperwork but most was already done.

Now it was time to unwrap the car! Obviously i already knew what it looked like but pulling the silk sheet off but doing this just made the whole thing for me. It looked stunning sitting there in the best colour (in my opinion) :search: nardo grey!

[URL=http://s837.photobucket.com/user/Eigdoog/media/Audi%20RS3/AB3C2AA0-B90E-405E-A18D-122B99A07483_zps1furymiq.jpg.html]
DB3CCBD2-FE41-47E7-9FE5-CE9744D031A7_zpsb4cbtjcl.jpg
[/URL]

So with the keys in my pocket i sat in her and started her up in the showroom. It started with a great roar and echo and my face must of looked like a cheshire cat! It was time to take her out for a spin! I drove out slowly and hoped i didn't kerb the alloys on the first corner coming away from the forecourt.

It was still raining at this point but we still took a trip to the car park of B&Q to sort ourselves out (didn't want to sit there at the dealer doing this) with both phones paired up and figuring out a few small things we went on to Hunstanton that still had bad weather so onward to Cromer we went! Used the sat nav but it took us down single lane roads with mud EVERYWHERE and even some times i had to get on the side to let others pass... Not a good start! Getting to Cromer with it STILL raining we popped in Tescos for the toilet (not due to speed :wink new:) Since time was getting on and we wanted something to eat but with the weather this bad didn't want to keep going round the coast so headed back to King Lynn for a pub meal. At this point I've have had it in comfort mode (due to the single roads) but now i was on better roads with room to run on! Dynamic mode come on and its a different car! Stuck behind someone doing 45 with cars everywhere i soon changed this with a small straight bit of road just put my foot to the floor and i was past - nothing to stop me now!

Also took the in laws out for a quick blast and it definitely still shifts with 4 in the car!

All in all the car is great and i had a great day, I've done 150 miles in it on the first day costing around £30.

Only thing i can't seem to find is the speed limit display (traffic sign recognition). I've called the dealer who is sorting this out. It's the only reason i ordered the lane assist.

Sorry for the long read.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Ozmosis, CJ92 and 16 others
Great post & sounds like you had a great day.

I don't think any new RS3 owner has failed to say how great the experience is of getting keys to the new RS3 :sunglasses:

Reactions: Ozmosis, T-800, Sandra and 1 other person
Great stuff... huge grin factor from the RS3 and despite some on here moaning about handling I gave it a bit of welly round a sharp lefthander with a 40 advisory limit.. stuck like a limpet at 65mph!

Reactions: Ozmosis, 5pot, T-800 and 1 other person
Great stuff... huge grin factor from the RS3 and despite some on here moaning about handling I gave it a bit of welly round a sharp lefthander with a 40 advisory limit.. stuck like a limpet at 65mph!

really RG :blink:
were you not nervous taking the RS3 round corners at that kind of speed ? :anguished:
Great to hear this kind of feedback :laughing: and glad to hear you are enjoying the car :sunglasses:

Reactions: Sandra
@Eigdoog great write up and fantastic looking car. You enjoy to the max;) x

really RG :blink:
were you not nervous taking the RS3 round corners at that kind of speed ? :anguished:
Great to hear this kind of feedback :laughing: and glad to hear you are enjoying the car :sunglasses:
I was terrified!! Veeeight had me worried with his moans about RS3 handling but it actually handled very well on slightly damp surface, some minor understeer but nothing to get concerned about. Also I do not have Mag Ride or big wheels.

Reactions: T-800 and Snake Pliskin
I was terrified!! Veeeight had me worried with his moans about RS3 handling but it actually handled very well on slightly damp surface, some minor understeer but nothing to get concerned about. Also I do not have Mag Ride or big wheels.

That's great to hear, but you really should be more carful and not take rash chances like that :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Ghost and RGBARGEE
To be fair the A1 BE FWD on 18in can take the same corner at 50+ with ease,

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Wash your mouth out, the Audi Overlord is never wrong I tells thee!

TX.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and T-800
So today the car has already been sat in the snow! Never got to drive in it though.

Going round corners I think it's fine and will be fast enough for me anyway! I've also gave it the 60 ish mph round small corners and I could of gone faster easy with loads of grip left. I don't have mag ride but I do have wider tyres and the ride is not hard or that bumpy at all! I've test drove a CLA AMG and that was really bumpy in comparison!

Been out today again and even the overtaking speed in auto when it changes down only to 6th gear has enough pull for daily driving and more than enough power when the toe touches the floor! In dynamic mode the sound is on another level! I don't have the sports exhaust but the standard is also enough. Had quite a few looks from other road users today too which made me grin.

The B&O sound system really is the nuts!! My A4 had the Audi upgrade system and this really puts it to shame IMO. Crank the volume up with the phone connected and you're away!

I've been getting about 27 MPG so far and I was expecting around 25 so that's also good!

Best car I've ever owned and so glad I've got one!!

Also see the pictures of my parking! Hope it's up to Audi-sport standard

Reactions: jimojameso, 45bvtc, RGBARGEE and 2 others
Not far enough away imho ;)

TX.

Reactions: Sandra, AudiNutta and Snake Pliskin
If i parked any further it would have been the multi story :dizzy:

Maybe i could of got the park and ride :frown new:

Someone wrote on your bonnet. tut tut ;)

Reactions: 45bvtc
Well Eigdoog seems we are starting a trend... No Mag ride or noisier exhaust.. I'm happy! Was wondering about bigger front wheels but too late.

Yeah I'm VERY happy with hows mines come out! Now i could not care less for mag ride and thats all I've been thinking about since i ordered it! The exhaust really is enough for me as well!

Not sure if the wider fronts really make that much difference but i just wanted them in black, otherwise i probably would of not got them.

Spoken to some blokes today at work about the RS almost all day long! Best thing was i was not bring it up, they was :blush:

Also every time i see the popo i feel as if they are looking at me waiting to pull me :busted cop:

Reactions: AudiNutta