RS3 part numbers

no not yet, i rang audi parts and they confirmed it was the correct part. cant remember how much he said but wasnt expensive.

Ok, i think i will order them on monday then :) Got my rs3 rear end fitted, looks great just need to get some photos up!!

Chris

Ok, my bumper things are on back order so i have been doing some research and contacted a guy who is selling an rs3 bumper on ebay, he has kindly send me some pictures of an rs3 bumper and the point where the bumper spoiler attaches and what it looks like to my is the bumper is actually different on the rs3. Instead of the very top support, where the bumper screws to the car being part of the bumper it looks like that piece is removed and this bumper spoiler has the support on it and that is bonded/glued to the bumper

Yer, it does actually look as if they have just cut off the part where the normal bracket/support is and put this plastic one on but it looks much further back than the normal support so i don't know how it would fit unless the bumper mountings are different on the rs3

Chris

Have you got the part through then? i don't think it will fit if i glue it as it has a bracket on and no where for the existing bracket on my bumper to fit into so i think the dremel will be coming out!!

Chris

8P4 807 097a
8P4 807 098a

Total thread revival here sorry but does anyone know if anybody actually retrofitted these RS3 rear bumper extension parts at all?

If so what exactly was involved?

Cheers!

nice find muzza iv been looking for them part numbers for ages

I haven't seen these on a RS3 but what is there point from the pics it looks like a bit of plastic protruding from the arch?

There are on the RS3 look at the arch on this picture.

82.original.jpg

Ok so the two part numbers listed are correct:

8P4 807 097a
8P4 807 098a

The standard S3 rear bumper is modified in the factory by hand for the RS3 as explained earlier in the thread, they remove the upper most bumper mounting point (the one everyone get rub with) and fit this little support/extension which has it's own mount further in the arch.

You need to buy new bumper mounts spoacific to the RS3 (£10 each) that bolt to the body though so that the little support/extensions have somewhere to screw on to, the folllowing pics should make it clearer:

IMG_20140709_095132735_HDR_zps18wfzz5z.jpg~original

IMG_20140709_095145624_HDR_zpsvwtd8liu.jpg~original

IMG_20140709_095201547_HDR_zpsvxg91vof.jpg~original

This gives better wheel clearance as well as replacing the mounting point that everyone is missing when removing the arch liner screw.

My car's currently in the bodyshop getting front and rear bumper resprayed and these new parts fitted as we speak.

How much are they charging for spraying needing mine done so a guide price would help me negotiate

Just a wee update, got my bits fitted.

8_zps30d532d3.jpg~original

Like I say these are not just for show, they give you back a bumper support point that's lost when you remove the infamous arch liner screw (or in my case remove it, where it goes through on the bumper and then the original bumper support then rubs)

You need both the parts listed above and two new RS3 specific bumper supports at £10 each too.

Best to do it properly though, cheap enough :)

what the best product to use to bond extension to bumper? does it sit exactly where it needs to or is it fidderly to get right?

Cheers

J

Just trying to revive this thread. I am having my rear bumper resprayed in a couple of weeks and am looking at retro-fitting these extensions. Will the bodyshop know where to bond these onto the bumper? I am removing the bumper myself so is it simple enough to unbolt the bumper bracket that's on the car and replace it with the RS3 one?
thanks

i fitted my own, you need to remove a small piece of the bumper where the new extensions fit this is more on the inside of the bumper not on the painted surface. if you offer the extension to the bumper you will see what i mean. the body shop should know how to fit these its quite straight forward.

Reactions: LukeTripod87
That's great thanks for the reply! Have you got any pics of yours fitted as I haven't seen these retrofitted onto a black S3 yet?

Just interested in how many S3 owners are running these supports. It is a functional support and takes the place of the screw removal area

I had it on my s3 bumper and it holds the bumper corner better especially if your running 19s without the screw.
I found before fitting this that the corner of the bumper would pop out when the tyre scrubbed the arch because of the lack of screw holding it in place, after fitting no issues with the corners

Reactions: tcardio
Hi,
Does anyone know the part numbers for these parts for a 2016 S3 Sportback? And, are there ones for the front arches too?
Thanks