RS3 Ownership Age.

Steff s3

Reaction score
Thought I'd ask this,ecspecialy after seeing an OP's insurance questions when thinking about buying a used RS3. And decided against buying it cause of insurance prices and age.
Plus also that I seen a totally mint silver RS3 with an elder gentleman driving it who must of been in his late 50s...and good for you,probably a second car to you,Mclaeren in the garage.
So I'll start it rolling.....I'm 24...ha I wish, I'm really 44.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and 45bvtc
Ano £220, that's a ridiculous low price,good if you can get it though.

It's with Privilege. The previous year was 197. I have my House Insurance and two cars with them so the discounts get stacked. I've also been with them for about 9 years.

Normally what happens is I get my renewal in at x amount. I used to then go on their website and get a quote and it would always be cheaper. Then call them up and they would match it. This year though the online quote came out dearer at 450. I still phoned them and asked if they could do anything but got nowhere.

Still 220's good enough for me.

I was involved in a none fault accident in mines at the start of last month.
Totally other guys fault 100%. But now I'm hearing my insurance will go up because of this,I don't get it!!!!!!
I'm due for renewal soon so I'll push for the 220 mark ha.

I was involved in a none fault accident in mines at the start of last month.
Totally other guys fault 100%. But now I'm hearing my insurance will go up because of this,I don't get it!!!!!!
I'm due for renewal soon so I'll push for the 220 mark ha.
I also had this a few years back. I asked why my insurance had gone up (I'd already had my renewal quote through which they then said would need to be recalculated). They said although I wasn't at fault, it could indicate I drive in high risk areas. A load of tosh. But it did indeed put my insurance up by about 15%!

Well I was 19 when I took the S3 out, £2600 with Multi Car Discount reducing it to £1700. RS3 would have been £300 cheaper than that, yes.. cheaper.

Ouch. It will get better. Providing you don't wrap it round a tree!

My S3 cover is coming up £4000 at the moment with the Admiral group which are normally good. One company has come up that I haven't heard of with £2300.
We have a 3 car MultiCar policy with Elephant, will try and battle for the same price providing nothing has happened throughout.

Reactions: joshsully8
That makes me sad. Surely as a 22 year old, you could have better things to spend £2,300 on? Do you still live at home?
Perhaps drink, drugs, smoking and women eh?! ;)

That makes me sad. Surely as a 22 year old, you could have better things to spend £2,300 on? Do you still live at home?

I do currently but as of the 14th July I'll have my own house. Plus I love my cars so I'd rather pay extra on insurance and have a faster car , plus I don't think you quite realise how expensive insurance is for under 25 year olds , my mate has a fiesta that he pays £900 a year for so I don't mind paying a little more and have an RS3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My S3 cover is coming up £4000 at the moment with the Admiral group which are normally good. One company has come up that I haven't heard of with £2300.
We have a 3 car MultiCar policy with Elephant, will try and battle for the same price providing nothing has happened throughout.

I'm with RCIB , they're cheaper by quite a lot compared to others , admiral we're quoting me £3,100

Reactions: AudiNutta
I do currently but as of the 14th July I'll have my own house. Plus I love my cars so I'd rather pay extra on insurance and have a faster car , plus I don't think you quite realise how expensive insurance is for under 25 year olds , my mate has a fiesta that he pays £900 a year for so I don't mind paying a little more and have an RS3

Back in the day when I was 19, I was paying £1600 for a Cliosport 172. Bonkers. The £300 or so for the RS3 now I'm older is much more palatable!

RS3 at 22 #wtf! Fair play though.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

RS3 at 22 #wtf! Fair play though.

TX.

I'm placing an order Wednesday if all goes well, not 21 till next May... see if I can break records haha. Not one my girlfriend is happy about put it that way.

Reactions: Terminator x
I'm placing an order Wednesday if all goes well, not 21 till next May... see if I can break records haha. Not one my girlfriend is happy about put it that way.
If not you have plenty of years left to find one. An understanding girlfriend, that is!

If not you have plenty of years left to find one. An understanding girlfriend, that is!

I do, but I'm planning on getting it while I'm living at home so I can pay it off totally. I still have a considerable amount spare every month so should have a very strong house deposit then in 4 years time.

She isn't best pleased but I am 20 and she is 18, so too young to consider moving out yet. IMO :lmfao:

You didn't get it! ;)

How long is the finance on your S3 if you don't mind me asking? Only would you not have a large amount of negative??

Get the car and get rid of the girlfriend Audinutta,and you'll save more money in doing so :footy:

Reactions: D0C, AudiNutta and 45bvtc
72 years of age and £280 for the 8P RS3;

£700 ish for RS3, TT roadster, and 185bhp A1 (each is fully comp, protected no-claims, legal, etc.)

I'll swap a few years for expensive insurance any time... :blink:

Enjoy :superman:

Reactions: D0C, Terminator x and AudiNutta
How long is the finance on your S3 if you don't mind me asking? Only would you not have a large amount of negative??

It's 48 months, at the moment I am £1500 in negative equity but it is closing in pretty nicely.

It's 48 months, at the moment I am £1500 in negative equity but it is closing in pretty nicely.

Do it now, Matthew; don't wait. Borrow whatever you need and enjoy, now; seems to be the way of the World.

40-years of Lotus motoring and 10-years of quick Audi and I/we're content; would have regretted waiting. Plug-in is around the corner so go buy that RS3, or whatever else you fancy, now. You never know what's awaiting you 'healthwise' that'd put a STOP to your dreams...

Reactions: Rs1
Do it now, Matthew; don't wait. Borrow whatever you need and enjoy, now; seems to be the way of the World.

40-years of Lotus motoring and 10-years of quick Audi and I/we're content; would have regretted waiting. Plug-in is around the corner so go buy that RS3, or whatever else you fancy, now. You never know what's awaiting you 'healthwise' that'd put a STOP to your dreams...

Very true, thank you! I have the same mindset of do it now because you don't know what's around the corner.

Reactions: Rs1 and 45bvtc
Back in the day when I was 19, I was paying £1600 for a Cliosport 172. Bonkers. The £300 or so for the RS3 now I'm older is much more palatable!

During the anti hot hatch car crime era, I lived near Woodley, Reading which at the time was the worst place for car crime. Had a golf gti 8v mk2 which was approx. at 21 years old. some idiot drove into the back and tried to drive off, got details but was uninsured (tosser) and he tried to not pay, got car repaired via my insurers who claimed back from him personally but uninsured losses I had to take him to court via small claims, joke. idiot judge did 50/50 on the basis that I was getting my car modded slightly and tuned on a rolling road and assumed my car had problems and stalled - moron knew zero about cars - my insurance went up after the crash from £800/year to £2400/year until it was all sorted - took almost a year. once it had it went down to £800 again. Insurance much better now.

I'm 61- have had a A4, S4-V8, R8-V10 and just ordered the RS3. Believe it or not i am more excited about this car than any of the others.

Reactions: 45bvtc, Rs1, AudiNutta and 2 others
I did the sprint recently at Rockingham vs a V10 R8 ... the noise from it was monstrous!

TX.

Believe it or not I got away quicker with LC, he caught and overtook me though which was no surprise tbh. The sound though made it all worthwhile!

I spoke to the owner afterwards and he said he was worried he wouldn't catch me ;)

TX.

Reactions: 45bvtc and AudiNutta
My missus younger brother has a 66 reg Nissan GTR, he's 20 and earns a basic bog standard £35k salary. She says it costs him around £1500 a month in finance, insurance and petrol. He still stays with her folks and lives the life of reilly board free. Absolute bonkers way to live your life for a car in my opinion but it's his choice to spend the majority of his wages on his car I suppose.

Once he grows up a little and has to fend for himself with a hefty mortgage, food, kids and bills to pay, I suspect that Nissan GTR type car will be replaced with a Vauxhall Astra typed car on that kind of salary. It's probably his best time to own a nice cars whilst still living at home with his folks. Some young will just **** it up and go on holiday every other month, some will save like a demon for a house deposit and a healthy bank balance and some will just blow their money on cars, petrol and insurance.

Reactions: 45bvtc and AudiNutta
I'm 61- have had a A4, S4-V8, R8-V10 and just ordered the RS3. Believe it or not i am more excited about this car than any of the others.

6-months on and I'll be surprised if you're not using the RS3 more as an everyday car... :racer:

Believe it or not I got away quicker with LC, he caught and overtook me though which was no surprise tbh. The sound though made it all worthwhile!
I spoke to the owner afterwards and he said he was worried he wouldn't catch me ;)
TX.

I believe it, terminator x! Love the V10 R8 but always found slow to get away (and a heavy chatter from the back end in the wet) in everyday domestic circumstance when compared with an RS3 but once underway that V10 shouts HELLO loud an clear but by that time I'm always at an illegal 'hello officer' pace; both together will be a good choice and idua3191's opinions will be of genuine interest.

Upload 2017 7 1 13 29 29

For the time being we find our supercharged/turbocharged 7-speed DSG A1 'best' for domestic runs as the damn thing just goes.

Haha I received mine from Audi a day after my 21st birthday. Over a year into owning the car now ! Get one best decision ever !

Reactions: 45bvtc