RS3 Owner in Scotland

RS3_Scott

Reaction score
Hi All,

Bought a 69 plate Panther Black RS3 Sept 2020, looking forward to seeing and sharing info on these fantastic cars!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and NevMan
In the best colour to. But I'm a bit bias

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS3_Scott and NevMan
In the best colour to. But I'm a bit bias

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Aye, gets dirty too quick though! But very rewarding when cleaned.

Vowed never to have another black car after my Mk5 R32 in 2011, Even during my RS 3 search I specified Blue, Red, or Grey...........Yet here I am

Reactions: K96 and NevMan
Hi All,

Bought a 69 plate Panther Black RS3 Sept 2020, looking forward to seeing and sharing info on these fantastic cars!
Welcome to Audi-sport.net Scott. Any pics of the car? Enjoy the forum

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Only this one so far, covered in snow!
20210209 1328252

Hopefully get some pics this weekend as if it's nice going to give it a good clean. Also got some Autosol metal polish coming today for polishing up the pipes.

Reactions: Sandra, Audi Bairn and Pinky1959
Cleaned the car this morning, proper pics below!
RS3 Clean 28 03 21 01

RS3 Clean 28 03 21 02

RS3 Clean 28 03 21 03

RS3 Clean 28 03 21 04

Reactions: Audi Bairn, BarryG79, tigerhonaker and 2 others
Paintwork is a wee bit flat, so looking into getting an enhancement detail and ceramic coating but it's expensive!

Paintwork is a wee bit flat, so looking into getting an enhancement detail and ceramic coating but it's expensive!
Aye, getting the paintwork right can be an expensive job, but worth it.
Try defined details in Cambuslang, if you're getting it done, wee Gordon will have it looking brand new.

JG

Aye, getting the paintwork right can be an expensive job, but worth it.
Try defined details in Cambuslang, if you're getting it done, wee Gordon will have it looking brand new.

JG
Wee bit far for me, I'm in Aberdeen, so over a 120 mile drive. There's some decent local places, currently gathering options and prices.

Reactions: RS5 JON
Wee bit far for me, I'm in Aberdeen, so over a 120 mile drive. There's some decent local places, currently gathering options and prices.

Yes, that is a bit far, especially when they'll need your car for 3-5 days. Prices do vary on this type of work, it's a good idea to get various quotes, but IMO the best one to go for is by word of mouth, from people who have actually had work done by the detailer, not online reviews as these are most likely fixed.

Pics are a must when you've had it done.

JG

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Yes, that is a bit far, especially when they'll need your car for 3-5 days. Prices do vary on this type of work, it's a good idea to get various quotes, but IMO the best one to go for is by word of mouth, from people who have actually had work done by the detailer, not online reviews as these are most likely fixed.

Pics are a must when you've had it done.

JG
Car is booked in 15th June, enhancement detail with 2 stage machine polish and 3 year warranty ceramic coating package. Oh aye there will be plenty of photos!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and RS5 JON
Car just had a 3 stage machine polish to remove scratches, and 5 year warranty ceramic coating, results below. Can really see the purple now in the Panther Black paint!
20210619 105305

20210619 105216

IMG 20210615 WA0011

IMG 20210615 WA0016

20210620 175701 2

20210619 105335

Reactions: Audi Bairn, RS3 S. and RS5 JON