RS3 Orders (week 10/11)

Also strange that Base Saloon has lower GFV than Base Sportback.
Reflects the fact the sportback is better and more desirable than the saloon...

...only kidding, saloon owners! The saloon has really grown on me and dare I say, I think is now a better looking car than the sportback.

Reactions: NevMan
Also strange that Base Saloon has lower GFV than Base Sportback.

When you guys talk about he GFV, (Guaranteed Future Value) does this also mean final optional payment if buying the car?
It confuses me a little when you say the GFV on the saloon is lower than the sport back, but this would make sense with the larger deposit and slightly higher monthlies if buying the car outright at the end of your PCP, not so much sense when trading the car in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Configurator seems to be working much better today - looks like it's been updated as it's showing more info and the TT on there as well now..

When you guys talk about he GFV, (Guaranteed Future Value) does this also mean final optional payment if buying the car?
It confuses me a little when you say the GFV on the saloon is lower than the sport back, but this would make sense with the larger deposit and slightly higher monthlies if buying the car outright at the end of your PCP, not so much sense when trading the car in

As far as i know on my PCP deal tge GFV is your final optional payment to buy the car

Yes it is the final option payment. It being lower would mean you will get more equity at the end though since I can't see the Saloon having a lower PX value than the Sportback in 3-4 years time. I've actually seen my P/X value go up since I got the car thanks to WLTP stopping production. I think the pre-WLTP cars will be more desirable to buyers too, I've seen some S3 buyers get used pre-WLTP cars instead of the newer ones.

Agree, lower GFV now (and higher payments) will probably mean more equity come sale time

Reactions: seanbeckerleg
Yes it is the final option payment. It being lower would mean you will get more equity at the end though since I can't see the Saloon having a lower PX value than the Sportback in 3-4 years time. I've actually seen my P/X value go up since I got the car thanks to WLTP stopping production. I think the pre-WLTP cars will be more desirable to buyers too, I've seen some S3 buyers get used pre-WLTP cars instead of the newer ones.

So simply if the cars value drops below what’s left owed on it, you can just hand it back in.... or if value is up they’ll hand you over a PX value for your choice for an easy trade, or sell privately for better equity return.
All this I already know... but the question was asked because someone questioned above why saloon base GFV was lower compared to the sportback, when the saloon had higher monthlies and deposit which confused me.

So simply if the cars value drops below what’s left owed on it, you can just hand it back in.... or if value is up they’ll hand you over a PX value for your choice for an easy trade, or sell privately for better equity return.
All this I already know... but the question was asked because someone questioned above why saloon base GFV was lower compared to the sportback, when the saloon had higher monthlies and deposit which confused me.

Who knows, maybe because sport back is generally more “popular”

Any recommendations on the best dealer to buy new from, trying to see if I can get a better deal then Bristol is giving me

Depends whether you pay car off (GFV) and then sell on which I have done a few times in the past

Any recommendations on the best dealer to buy new from, trying to see if I can get a better deal then Bristol is giving me

Worcester Audi gave out great discounts on the last one, mind you I didn’t get one.

Around 7% in the months after order books opened but their main sport guy has moved on, worth a call though.

Worcester Audi gave out great discounts on the last one, mind you I didn’t get one.

Around 7% in the months after order books opened but their main sport guy has moved on, worth a call though.
Thanks will give a call in the morning & see if they can better what Bristol are offering

Reactions: AudiNutta and NevMan

Well a lower GFV would mean higher monthlies and deposit and I was the guy who questioned why the base Saloon GFV was lower than the Sportback. I can't see any reason why when the Saloon is the more expensive car. Doesn't looks like the second hand sportbacks are priced higher than the saloons either.

Well a lower GFV would mean higher monthlies and deposit and I was the guy who questioned why the base Saloon GFV was lower than the Sportback. I can't see any reason why when the Saloon is the more expensive car. Doesn't looks like the second hand sportbacks are priced higher than the saloons either.

Going off the information originally posted above :

“The GFV’s are now on the Audi website, based on 4 years 10k pa

Base SB - £21.6k, £9.6k = £479 monthly
Base Saloon - £21.4k, £9.9k = £499 monthly

SE SB - £23k, £10.4k = £529 monthly
SE Saloon - £23k, £10.7k =£549 monthly”

The base saloon GFV (final payment) is £21.4k
Add this with all the initial payments of £499x48 & the deposit comes to a total of £55,252

The base Sportback GFV (final payment) is slightly higher at £21.6k (the difference of £200)
Add this with all of he initial payments of £479x48 & the deposit comes to a total of £54,192

So it shows that the saloon works out more expensive (£1060 to be exact).... and as you said, the saloon is a more expensive car, so rightly so.
these calculations here just shows you have to pay more off on the Saloon on a pcp deal before having the option to simply hand the car back to the dealers if it hasn’t any equity left in it. Positive side is, if the car holds its value, in this scenario the equity is likely to be higher than the sportback and you would have more of a deposit to play with if you wish to start a new pcp deal on a new car, or a smaller final payment/settlement option to have to deal with should you choose to keep the car or sell privately.... all on the effect of larger deposit & increased monthlies.

Jermaine - did you get offered a better deal/discount after? Order placed yet?:sly:

Reactions: Jermaine and NevMan
Yes blade Audi in Cheltenham, so just down the road from me, Bristol. Pretty much tripled the discount Bristol was offering. Hopefully tomorrow when the sales guy is back in it will be placed AJY1NCLT

Reactions: rdj and NevMan
Yes blade Audi in Cheltenham, so just down the road from me, Bristol. Pretty much tripled the discount Bristol was offering. Hopefully tomorrow when the sales guy is back in it will be placed AJY1NCLT
Some spec that!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Jermaine
Some spec that!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
Yeah would have liked the carbon breaks as well, I’m not planning on changing to the new one comes out. So I’ll have it a few years I would imagine, better to get everything I want from factory. This is something I learnt the hard way with my S3

Reactions: NevMan and Terminator x

- what a spec

Reactions: Jermaine
great spec !
ive gone for everything on a sportback sport
left out carbon engine cover, speed to 174 and back air bags everything else ticked even 5 years warranty.
I was close to pulling out the deal last week as no deposit contribution and 7.1 apr but will finance else where so going to stick with it.
ive had 2 m cars and looking forward to the change and to having NARDO !

Reactions: NevMan and Jermaine
great spec !
ive gone for everything on a sportback sport
left out carbon engine cover, speed to 174 and back air bags everything else ticked even 5 years warranty.
I was close to pulling out the deal last week as no deposit contribution and 7.1 apr but will finance else where so going to stick with it.
ive had 2 m cars and looking forward to the change and to having NARDO !
I’m going to stage 3 it when it comes, so the carbon engine cover will look good with the
Eventuri intake

RS3 seems to have disappeared off the UK configurator:

Upload 2019 4 24 12 30 53

You can still get to it via saved configs or links (model overview that is):

https://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/models/a3/rs-3-saloon.html

https://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/models/a3/rs-3-sportback.html

Last edited:
Reactions: infernox