RS3 Orders (week 10/11)

Reaction score
Waiting to order a Audi S3 Sedan, it’s showing on there configurator but not the finance & ordering system. Have been waiting just before Xmas, called for a update today, got good news & bad news. Situation is still the same, but I have been advise to wait to build week 10/11 as the RS3 will be coming back on order hatchback first then sedan to follow. There will be a price increase, some of the standard options will be changed & October delivery. Not sure how true this is, but I’m going to wait & see. As the RS3 is the car a really want. Information came from a friend/sales rep after speaking to their regional rep. If anyone else has had any information like this please share

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan
October delivery? A brand new A3 is due out later this year …

TX.

Well the TT just got a facelift and the TTRS is said to be coming later this year, I can't see there being a big window for a new RS3 though.

Where are you looking, do you have a link
I have access you Audi Hub from when I used to work at Audi, so can’t send you a link as you need to log in. It did used to be BW3, so they have already pushed it back to BW7. But they will deffo build them! I have been told also (unsure how true this is) that the new s4/s5 and sq5 will all be diesel from my19 not petrol

I was also told by a dealer that all S models will be diesel in the future as they just cannot get the cars through the emission tests.

I am not sure what that means for the RS models of the future. Petrol hybrid?

It’s all to do with an average, they entire range must have an average emissions total. BMW don’t have a car like the R8 so that would lower their emmisons average. Don’t know about Mercedes ha

That is a shame for the S models, not looking good for Audi if it happens. I wouldn't buy a diesel S model and diesel new car sales are going down anyway. A petrol hybrid RS model would be interesting to me though, I think you need that low down torque before the turbos kick in.

It seems strange to me anyway. They said the FL RS3 was quieter than the PFL because the new engines were already complaint with the new regulations but then they still haven't been tested? (Same thing with the RS4/5) That explains it keep the 400 horsepower though, maybe they didn't expect the filter to be needed for the new regulations. The S3 was pretty good on emissions as well, pretty much the same CO2 and road tax band as my old 8P A3 1.4 TFSI. Are they still making the S3 but with 300hp now?

Last edited:
I have been told also (unsure how true this is) that the new s4/s5 and sq5 will all be diesel from my19 not petrol
I find that very hard to believe. There are no Diesel engines planned for the A1 based on launch information, which to my mind indicates moving away from that engine type. A hybrid electric plant is much more likely given how hard they are pushing hybrids and light hybrids.

SQ7 is diesel already though afaik. Nice engine too!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: teslaboy
I was also told by a dealer that all S models will be diesel in the future as they just cannot get the cars through the emission tests.

I am not sure what that means for the RS models of the future. Petrol hybrid?
Reckon that’s the way forward

SQ7 is diesel already though afaik. Nice engine too!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

4.0tdi 435hp 900nm !
But its still a diesel, and will still sound like a tractor.

Diesel cars are going the way of betamax videos, but for all the right reasons i.e the environment.

I was told next in line is the SQ5, currently petrol but will revert to diesel....

I just noticed the RS3 has been taken of the UK audi configurator website. Not sure what's going on. No more 3 door A3/S3 too. For the A4/A5, they took off the S4/S5 and RS4/RS5. Actually the whole RS section on it has nothing, the only S model is the S3.

I just noticed the RS3 has been taken of the UK audi configurator website. Not sure what's going on. No more 3 door A3/S3 too. For the A4/A5, they took off the S4/S5 and RS4/RS5. Actually the whole RS section on it has nothing, the only S model is the S3.
I don’t think you have been able to order a 3 door a3 for nearly 2 years? All rs cars are off the Configurator because of wltp. They will go back on once ready.

I don’t think you have been able to order a 3 door a3 for nearly 2 years? All rs cars are off the Configurator because of wltp. They will go back on once ready.

Yeah but I remember being able to spec the RS cars a few weeks ago, it just used to have a pop up talking about WLTP which you could close and spec the cars. Now they've totally disappeared.

It looks very bleak for the short to medium term ordering S & RS cars in the uk.

Reactions: zippster
Okay just a quick update, just received a call from my guy at Audi. So the RS3 still on track to be released again, he has receive the sales information. The sport package will be £4K more then the standard RS3 (Sedan) but will come with sunroof, sports exhaust, folding mirrors, privacy glass as standard & a few other bits, can’t remember it all as he woke me from a power nap. Configurator mid March, ordering end of March & delivery April apparently. Interestingly they have called it a facelift different from the previous facelift he said. Also wheels in that sports package are like a updated rotor he said. Will try & go in & see the information if he lets me

Just checked and correct, the starting price is £45,715 for a sportback. Not too bad

Okay just a quick update, just received a call from my guy at Audi. So the RS3 still on track to be released again, he has receive the sales information. The sport package will be £4K more then the standard RS3 (Sedan) but will come with sunroof, sports exhaust, folding mirrors, privacy glass as standard & a few other bits, can’t remember it all as he woke me from a power nap. Configurator mid March, ordering end of March & delivery April apparently. Interestingly they have called it a facelift different from the previous facelift he said. Also wheels in that sports package are like a updated rotor he said. Will try & go in & see the information if he lets me
Re the updated rotor, I seen over on the TT forum they had a new 20" rotor design for the TTRS. I wonder if they'll offer the same for the RS3...it's crying out for 20" wheels IMO.

However, I didn't think much to them! They looked more like the old rotors pre RS3 that Audi used.

Attachments

• IMG_6652.PNG
    IMG_6652.PNG
    635 KB · Views: 366
Re the updated rotor, I seen over on the TT forum they had a new 20" rotor design for the TTRS. I wonder if they'll offer the same for the RS3...it's crying out for 20" wheels IMO.

However, I didn't think much to them! They looked more like the old rotors pre RS3 that Audi used.
I don’t think they’ve changed much on the my19, just added a few options as standard and raised the price, don’t think the alloys have changed

They’ve added privacy glass and phone box as standard, the sport additions get optional alloys, unsure wether they differ from previous though.

Rotors, dam tired old rotors !

Audi do us a favour and provide some decent wheels for once.
Can't stand the tired old rotors !

I've gone from;
- The purchased staggered diamond cut titanium (didnt think it suited mythos black with alu trim).
- To matt black with diamond cut rim only (i.e not the fins diamond cut),
- To silver blown over black.
- To now full gloss black.

Still dont really like them, but defo happier with them in gloss black.

Your probably asking why i dont just change them for after markets, its because I'd like to keep the motor OEM.

Screenshot 20190109 232429 Gallery 1024x1820 crop 458x291

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190109-232429_Gallery-1024x1820_crop_458x291.jpg
    Screenshot_20190109-232429_Gallery-1024x1820_crop_458x291.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 360

I've gone from;
- The purchased staggered diamond cut titanium (didnt think it suited mythos black with alu trim).

Your probably asking why i dont just change them for after markets, its because I'd like to keep the motor OEM.

View attachment 176155
It looks like the sportback sport version has the same 19” alloys the saloon currently has

I've gone from;

View attachment 176155
If I can be brutally honest, I'm not sure I like those wheels @teslaboy

Always personal preference of course. I think the standard Audi gloss black would go better.

If I can be brutally honest, I'm not sure I like those wheels @teslaboy

Always personal preference of course. I think the standard Audi gloss black would go better.

Yep was thinking the same, i might get them diamond cut so will look identical to the OEM black wheels. Just need some of those Audi sport logos to be baked on.

That really will be the LAST time i change these dam rotors !!!!

Reactions: D0C
I used to work at Audi and can still access the Audi hub (where all info comes from) shhhhh

Reactions: NevMan, Terminator x and Jermaine
Have just went in to Audi, I have seen on there system the RS3 & TTRS are opening for order in March. Configurator first then a week later finance figures will be available. I have seen promotional photos of it. The rotors are basically the ones from the pre-facelift only available on the sedan, hatchback will have previous wheels. Sports package to include sports exhaust, black pack, privacy glass, Audi phone box, sunroof, sport seats, carbon inlays. Dose look nice with the rotors though, I’m happy with how it looks

Just came across this on Facebook

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1550874528917.jpg
    FB_IMG_1550874528917.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 388
  • FB_IMG_1550874531697.jpg
    FB_IMG_1550874531697.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 393
  • FB_IMG_1550874534256.jpg
    FB_IMG_1550874534256.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 413