RS3 Order Book now open

Would like to hear one in person. The FL R8 has been criticised for not being as loud.

Also had a new 992 Carrera S go past me the other day...it was really quiet!

I have a feeling the current crop of post WLTP cars will be a little quieter, due to the PPF, but next gen will probably be a little more elegant (mild hybrid), but then may still be quiet anyway

I’ve watched some of volkswizards videos on YouTube, does some great stuff.

Still sounds great to me too, imagine it would be fantastic in the flesh.

Reactions: T-800
Hi everyone,

Delivery of my car is on track for August/early September and the dealer has begun to try and sell me the add-ons (apparently they're very important...:whistle2:). Has anyone taken the tyre & alloy protection or smart bodywork protection? I am pretty dismissive of these products but I though I might as well ask whether a) someone has taken these products and b) had any use/success in claiming on them?
Currently waiting to get a PCP quote to see what's offered...:salute:

Hi everyone,

Delivery of my car is on track for August/early September and the dealer has begun to try and sell me the add-ons (apparently they're very important...:whistle2:). Has anyone taken the tyre & alloy protection or smart bodywork protection? I am pretty dismissive of these products but I though I might as well ask whether a) someone has taken these products and b) had any use/success in claiming on them?

I would take the car to a good detailer rather than have a dealer put any sort of 'protection' on. Brand new cars often have small paint defects which need correcting - or swirl marks from the dealer washing it badly. Ceramic coating is very good and makes washing much easier but will take the fun out of mainting your car (claying/polishing/waxing etc) if you enjoy that side of things.
PPF is also good but more expensive.

Reactions: rdj
Hi everyone,

I took the alloy and tyre cover on my s3, it’s £5 a month. In 2.5 years I’ve had 2 puncture repairs, 2 replacement tyres and 1 alloy repair which you wouldn’t know has been done. If you can get it at the right price it’s worth taking, mine has easily paid for itself, zero excess as well, 10 repairs/replacements a year.

Reactions: rdj and NevMan
And the books are closed again :grumpy:

You're only able to order 3 models of Audi and the RS3 will be bottom of the pile. You can't even order an A3 Diesel.

Darn, was going to put in an order too :sadlike:

I took the alloy and tyre cover on my s3, it’s £5 a month. In 2.5 years I’ve had 2 puncture repairs, 2 replacement tyres and 1 alloy repair which you wouldn’t know has been done. If you can get it at the right price it’s worth taking, mine has easily paid for itself, zero excess as well, 10 repairs/replacements a year.

Unfortunately it looks like the RS3 is another ball game - dealers discounted price is £499 for 3 years....and their gap insurance is pretty expensive as well.
Going to consider other options I think!:readit:

And the books are closed again :grumpy:

You're only able to order 3 models of Audi and the RS3 will be bottom of the pile. You can't even order an A3 Diesel.

Darn, was going to put in an order too :sadlike:

Really? Had a feeling this might happen which is why I jumped in as soon as the order books opened. Maybe some dealers have booked themselves slots/submitted stock orders? Worth ringing around a few to check.

Good luck, hope you can find one..

Order books have seemingly reopened again.. for how long I don’t know.. ordered 3 days ago due for delivery October.. Can imagine it being one of the last few built due to the changeover to the new platform?

Reactions: NevMan
Got a fully loaded 2016 rs3 atm.

Went and test drove a new 2019 reg today. Couldn’t pay me to have it. The sound is so muted and weak compared to my prefl. There was a 2017 there that didn’t sound much better.

They reckon the new fl handles a lot better - before I had my rear ARB fitted to my prefl I would argue that would be the case, but today, I threw it into some bends at 50-60mph and it felt pretty much the same as mine.

The cost to swap was an extra 9k in payments over 2 years and a massive balloon. Definitely not worth the money. The car sounds almost characterless now, they’ve ruined what the car should be.

Yep books just reopened - which I found out because my salesman has told me my order only just went in despite previously telling me in the beginning of June they could/had order(ed)... the good news though: “it will still be October when it arrives”. Ugh...

In other news the extended upholstery package is no longer available. Disappointing, but not the end of the world I suppose.

Not sure about a new platform coming but won’t mind too much if I’ve got one of that last before some weird hybrid comes out :)
You’re lucky the orders reopened then! Yea no extended upholstery.. maybe it’s free now? We can wish.. also I didn’t have the option of red calipers which is annoying but the black ones will suffice for now

Got a fully loaded 2016 rs3 atm.

Went and test drove a new 2019 reg today. Couldn’t pay me to have it. The sound is so muted and weak compared to my prefl. There was a 2017 there that didn’t sound much better.

They reckon the new fl handles a lot better - before I had my rear ARB fitted to my prefl I would argue that would be the case, but today, I threw it into some bends at 50-60mph and it felt pretty much the same as mine.

The cost to swap was an extra 9k in payments over 2 years and a massive balloon. Definitely not worth the money. The car sounds almost characterless now, they’ve ruined what the car should be.
Not Audi’s fault I suppose, nothing that can’t be sorted with a map and exhaust alteration.. once the warranty runs out in 5 years time

I agree they are way quieter and less charisma that the previous models. Met up with a new friend with an OPF 2018 model with about 3000 miles on it and it does sound a lot better than the one sitting in the local show room with 5 miles which frankly made me second guess my order after hearing it. But once blown though a bit I can say I’ll happily live with it and sounded great. I don’t care for the pops all the much anyway. Just as long as it’s still quick :)
Agreed.. it should free itself up a touch after a couple thousand miles

Not Audi’s fault I suppose, nothing that can’t be sorted with a map and exhaust alteration.. once the warranty runs out in 5 years time

That’s the issue isn’t it....taking a gpf out puts it into limp mode I hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye let’s hope the extended upholstery now comes standard in the sport pack! I’ll be asking for my deposit back if it comes with red callipers standard though... to each their own :)

Frankly it’s the lack of available 17/18 cars with the right options that have me buying new. So it has to be perfect!

What are your specs? Daytona gray sportback, sport Ed. All black inside, matrix, folding mirrors and everything but the drivers assistance pack.
Nice..you happy with the Blade wheels on the sportback? Mine - Sport Edition Saloon, Floret Silver, Black with red stitching interior, comfort and sound pack and a couple other little bits.. didn’t go big with the options!

Sounds lovely mate. No, can’t say I love the onlywheel option, fancy a straight trade for your rotors? :)
Hahaha no thanks.. I was well happy the rotors came with the saloon on this occasion.. the blades will look sweet tho mate.. won’t be many sport backs around with them on that is for sure

Was worth a go ;). Aye they are growing on me as I’ve stared longingly at photos of it the past 6 weeks! Hope delivery is no longer than October, not sure I can stretch my patience beyond that! Did your dealer seem fairly certain if delivery time?
Yea always worth a go mate.. all I’ve done is watch videos and look at pics as well.. it’s the interior that impresses me most.. sat in one yesterday.. night and day difference to my old mk3 focus rs.. pretty sure I was told build week 37 so means build start September, delivery early October.. will have to confirm that tho.. waiting on a call in the next couple of days
I expect yours to be very similar unless the sportback has a longer wait time

Reactions: AudiNutta
Man I fee let down by my salesman. No mention of build weeks or delivery time. Gonna have to crack the whip I guess! Very much hoping our cars share the same boat across the channel on October :). Do keep us posted if you hear anything on your delivery dates!
Get onto them mate.. they will be able to find out a build week at least which from that they can work out delivery timeframe.. yes I will let you know if I hear anything on mine bud

Man I fee let down by my salesman. No mention of build weeks or delivery time. Gonna have to crack the whip I guess! Very much hoping our cars share the same boat across the channel on October :). Do keep us posted if you hear anything on your delivery dates!
I didn't hear much in the way of progress reports from the salesman.....expected August delivery ready for September. Then he said my car had been built much quicker than expected.....a month sooner, so don't reply on what the salesman tells you too much...:whistle2:

Picked up a saloon sports edition in panther black last week, was meant to be here at the end of July. Came with red calipers, comfort and sound pack, folding mirrors and rotors

Picked up a saloon sports edition in panther black last week, was meant to be here at the end of July. Came with red calipers, comfort and sound pack, folding mirrors and rotors

Nice, what does it sound like?

Its pretty quiet overall no pops and crackles but does sound decent once you go WOT

Reactions: keenu
Amazing car, different animal compared to my m140i

Good to hear somebody come from an M140i to say that, no doubt that’s a great car but the RS is SOO much more usable 100% of the time. Plant your foot in the RS in the rain and it just goes, never unsettled.

Enjoy the RS3, it can only grow on you more.

Reactions: banny650
The more I drive mine the more I think they pump engine noise into the cabin. The engine sounds magic and makes you want to thrash it even more. I don’t remember that in my old one. Exhaust is deffo quiet but engine noise kind of makes up for it. Exhaust noise was for drama and to annoy pedestrians, engine noise is for the occupant’s enjoyment?

Sounds good whatever

Reactions: banny650
Good to hear somebody come from an M140i to say that, no doubt that’s a great car but the RS is SOO much more usable 100% of the time. Plant your foot in the RS in the rain and it just goes, never unsettled.

Enjoy the RS3, it can only grow on you more.

Plant your foot in the RS in the rain :whistle2: How do you know this ???????

Yours never goes out in any inclement weather :blow:

Plant your foot in the RS in the rain :whistle2: How do you know this ???????

Yours never goes out in any inclement weather :blow:

Omg :lmfao:

Never gonna live this one down am I? ;)

See, my car does or has been out in pretty bad weather

c2e52e1db8832895adfcdd4f6d72dba1.jpg

How long did it take you to get over that then ?

Many, many washes

That was a bad time that was, down in West Wales and when I washed it when I got home I found road rash on the wings, sills, all 4 doors and the back bumper! Devastated!

Since had carbon fibre tat made and fitted so will never happen again, all panels flatted and polished to remove 90% of it and covered with PPF... got to really look to see it.

Many, many washes

That was a bad time that was, down in West Wales and when I washed it when I got home I found road rash on the wings, sills, all 4 doors and the back bumper! Devastated!

Since had carbon fibre tat made and fitted so will never happen again, all panels flatted and polished to remove 90% of it and covered with PPF... got to really look to see it.

You don’t strike me as a person to have Carbon Tat on your car

Reactions: AudiNutta
The more I drive mine the more I think they pump engine noise into the cabin. The engine sounds magic and makes you want to thrash it even more. I don’t remember that in my old one. Exhaust is deffo quiet but engine noise kind of makes up for it. Exhaust noise was for drama and to annoy pedestrians, engine noise is for the occupant’s enjoyment?

Sounds good whatever

Hi Paul

Just been following your thread on audirs3oc and I am thinking of going down a similar route minus the big turbo but using a syvecs ecu to protect the engine. My M140i is quite modded and running about 500bhp so this needs a little more to give it that excitement factor

Hi Paul

Just been following your thread on audirs3oc and I am thinking of going down a similar route minus the big turbo but using a syvecs ecu to protect the engine. My M140i is quite modded and running about 500bhp so this needs a little more to give it that excitement factor

I have never tried syvecs on any of my modded cars. Cost was always the stumbling block for me. Have you looked at JB4 for added protection? You dont have to run extra boost with them. Magic for logging as well

I have never tried syvecs on any of my modded cars. Cost was always the stumbling block for me. Have you looked at JB4 for added protection? You dont have to run extra boost with them. Magic for logging as well

Ran a JB4 on my bmw till mapping became available, now I only use it to control the WMi and logging and its pretty decent for that. Ive had 3 modded subarus ranging from 500-670bhp and know charlie pretty well so got syvecs at good money