1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

RS3 Order Book now open

Dave1000 Mar 13, 2019

1. teslaboy

teslaboy Mythos black RS3 8v FL

Yeah the write up didnt mention noise/sound.
    And yes max torque is still 354 but higher up the rev range.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. T-800

T-800 Guest

I’ve been in convo with a chap I know who is test driving up in Scotland at the moment
    Seems it’s still a great sounding car.

He sent me a picture of the exhaust exit pipes asking if I thought they looked different..

The MMi and VC have had little tweaks too.

Oh and the bonnet release now has a graphic on it

X3man likes this.
  4. T-800

T-800 Guest

Here ye go

Ron240, DW81, SPIKE_S3 and 2 others like this.
  5. X3man

X3man Well known member

Still sounds ******* amazing!!!

T-800 likes this.
  6. D0C

D0C Registered User

Would like to hear one in person. The FL R8 has been criticised for not being as loud.

Also had a new 992 Carrera S go past me the other day...it was really quiet!

7. X3man

X3man Well known member

I have a feeling the current crop of post WLTP cars will be a little quieter, due to the PPF, but next gen will probably be a little more elegant (mild hybrid), but then may still be quiet anyway

8. SPIKE_S3

SPIKE_S3 Vorsprung durch Technik

Sounds good to me :hearteyes:

X3man likes this.
  9. DW81

DW81 Registered User

I’ve watched some of volkswizards videos on YouTube, does some great stuff.

Still sounds great to me too, imagine it would be fantastic in the flesh.

T-800 likes this.
  10. rdj

rdj Registered User

Hi everyone,

Delivery of my car is on track for August/early September and the dealer has begun to try and sell me the add-ons (apparently they're very important...:whistle2:). Has anyone taken the tyre & alloy protection or smart bodywork protection? I am pretty dismissive of these products but I though I might as well ask whether a) someone has taken these products and b) had any use/success in claiming on them?
    Currently waiting to get a PCP quote to see what's offered...:salute:

11. Matt2010

Matt2010 Registered User

I would take the car to a good detailer rather than have a dealer put any sort of 'protection' on. Brand new cars often have small paint defects which need correcting - or swirl marks from the dealer washing it badly. Ceramic coating is very good and makes washing much easier but will take the fun out of mainting your car (claying/polishing/waxing etc) if you enjoy that side of things.
    PPF is also good but more expensive.

rdj likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. TYb

TYb Registered User

I took the alloy and tyre cover on my s3, it’s £5 a month. In 2.5 years I’ve had 2 puncture repairs, 2 replacement tyres and 1 alloy repair which you wouldn’t know has been done. If you can get it at the right price it’s worth taking, mine has easily paid for itself, zero excess as well, 10 repairs/replacements a year.

rdj and X3man like this.
  14. Mr_Ess

Mr_Ess Registered User

And the books are closed again :grumpy:

You're only able to order 3 models of Audi and the RS3 will be bottom of the pile. You can't even order an A3 Diesel.

Darn, was going to put in an order too :sadlike:

15. rdj

rdj Registered User

Unfortunately it looks like the RS3 is another ball game - dealers discounted price is £499 for 3 years....and their gap insurance is pretty expensive as well.
    Going to consider other options I think!:readit:

16. rdj

rdj Registered User

Really? Had a feeling this might happen which is why I jumped in as soon as the order books opened. Maybe some dealers have booked themselves slots/submitted stock orders? Worth ringing around a few to check.

Good luck, hope you can find one..

17. Banjo1990

Banjo1990 Registered User

Order books have seemingly reopened again.. for how long I don’t know.. ordered 3 days ago due for delivery October.. Can imagine it being one of the last few built due to the changeover to the new platform?

DannyRS3 and X3man like this.
  18. Boj27

Boj27 Active Member VCDS Map User

Got a fully loaded 2016 rs3 atm.

Went and test drove a new 2019 reg today. Couldn’t pay me to have it. The sound is so muted and weak compared to my prefl. There was a 2017 there that didn’t sound much better.

They reckon the new fl handles a lot better - before I had my rear ARB fitted to my prefl I would argue that would be the case, but today, I threw it into some bends at 50-60mph and it felt pretty much the same as mine.

The cost to swap was an extra 9k in payments over 2 years and a massive balloon. Definitely not worth the money. The car sounds almost characterless now, they’ve ruined what the car should be.

19. Banjo1990

You’re lucky the orders reopened then! Yea no extended upholstery.. maybe it’s free now? We can wish.. also I didn’t have the option of red calipers which is annoying but the black ones will suffice for now

20. Banjo1990

Not Audi’s fault I suppose, nothing that can’t be sorted with a map and exhaust alteration.. once the warranty runs out in 5 years time

21. Banjo1990

Agreed.. it should free itself up a touch after a couple thousand miles

X3man likes this.
  22. Boj27

Boj27 Active Member VCDS Map User

That’s the issue isn’t it....taking a gpf out puts it into limp mode I hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X3man likes this.
  23. Banjo1990

Nice..you happy with the Blade wheels on the sportback? Mine - Sport Edition Saloon, Floret Silver, Black with red stitching interior, comfort and sound pack and a couple other little bits.. didn’t go big with the options!

DannyRS3 likes this.
  24. Banjo1990

Hahaha no thanks.. I was well happy the rotors came with the saloon on this occasion.. the blades will look sweet tho mate.. won’t be many sport backs around with them on that is for sure

25. Banjo1990

Yea always worth a go mate.. all I’ve done is watch videos and look at pics as well.. it’s the interior that impresses me most.. sat in one yesterday.. night and day difference to my old mk3 focus rs.. pretty sure I was told build week 37 so means build start September, delivery early October.. will have to confirm that tho.. waiting on a call in the next couple of days
    I expect yours to be very similar unless the sportback has a longer wait time

AudiNutta likes this.
  26. Banjo1990

Get onto them mate.. they will be able to find out a build week at least which from that they can work out delivery timeframe.. yes I will let you know if I hear anything on mine bud

DannyRS3 likes this.
  27. rdj

rdj Registered User

I didn't hear much in the way of progress reports from the salesman.....expected August delivery ready for September. Then he said my car had been built much quicker than expected.....a month sooner, so don't reply on what the salesman tells you too much...:whistle2:

28. banny650

banny650 Registered User

Picked up a saloon sports edition in panther black last week, was meant to be here at the end of July. Came with red calipers, comfort and sound pack, folding mirrors and rotors

29. keenu

keenu Registered User

Nice, what does it sound like?

30. banny650

banny650 Registered User

Its pretty quiet overall no pops and crackles but does sound decent once you go WOT

keenu likes this.
  31. keenu

keenu Registered User

To be expected with the OPF, hope you are happy with it!

32. banny650

banny650 Registered User

Amazing car, different animal compared to my m140i

keenu and AudiNutta like this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Moderator Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter

Good to hear somebody come from an M140i to say that, no doubt that’s a great car but the RS is SOO much more usable 100% of the time. Plant your foot in the RS in the rain and it just goes, never unsettled.

Enjoy the RS3, it can only grow on you more.

banny650 likes this.
  35. paulmc

paulmc Registered User

The more I drive mine the more I think they pump engine noise into the cabin. The engine sounds magic and makes you want to thrash it even more. I don’t remember that in my old one. Exhaust is deffo quiet but engine noise kind of makes up for it. Exhaust noise was for drama and to annoy pedestrians, engine noise is for the occupant’s enjoyment?

Sounds good whatever

banny650 likes this.
  36. T-800

T-800 Guest

Plant your foot in the RS in the rain :whistle2: How do you know this ???????

Yours never goes out in any inclement weather :blow:

X3man likes this.
  37. AudiNutta

Omg :lmfao:

Never gonna live this one down am I? ;)

See, my car does or has been out in pretty bad weather

[​IMG]

38. T-800

T-800 Guest

That’s photo shopped crud I bet.

D0C and AudiNutta like this.
  39. T-800

T-800 Guest

How long did it take you to get over that then ?

40. AudiNutta

Many, many washes

That was a bad time that was, down in West Wales and when I washed it when I got home I found road rash on the wings, sills, all 4 doors and the back bumper! Devastated!

Since had carbon fibre tat made and fitted so will never happen again, all panels flatted and polished to remove 90% of it and covered with PPF... got to really look to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41. T-800

T-800 Guest

You don’t strike me as a person to have Carbon Tat on your car

AudiNutta likes this.
  42. AudiNutta

You’re a joker this morning aren’t you? ;)

Functional is the word.

T-800 likes this.
  43. T-800

T-800 Guest

Ah so carbon functional.

X3man and AudiNutta like this.