1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

RS3 Order Book now open

Dave1000 Mar 13, 2019

1. Radman

Radman Registered User

It’s a shame, as it seems Audi is pricing out potential in what is let’s be honest, an outgoing model shape. This time next year the S3 will be available and by Christmas I expect the new shape RS3 to appear. A lot depends on the new power plant in the new RS3, but looking at the recent hype on the new A3 shape and tech, the new RS3 could be a monster....

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. wab172uk

wab172uk Now in an X3 M40i

But this was always the Audi way. Release the RS version, at the end of the cycle life. Never stopped people buying them before. Just depends on when the next RS3 is due. Can't see it being for a few years yet.

Golf has been announced to have been delayed till 2020 due to technology issues. Given the Golf / A3 share the same parts, and given the Golf is always released before the A3, an RS3 IS years away.

Golf release early 2020. A3 release mid/late 2020. Means an S3 is not likely till 2021 sometime. RS3 not likely till 12-18 months after the S3. So might not be looking at an RS3 till 2022

X3man likes this.
  4. wab172uk

£1600 to have the limiter raised to 174mph

5. wab172uk

Audi configurator for the sportback is up. But not the Saloon.

However, no Super sport seats as an option. So you get the same seats as fitted to a TDI.

Audi standards and penny pinching is full effect.

6. D0C

D0C Registered User

Might as well spend £500 on a remap with an extra 100hp and 190mph+ top speed!

AudiNutta and wab172uk like this.
  7. Radman

Radman Registered User

The new RS3 will be out 2 years after the A3 launch. Watch this space. Like the previous model.

8. wab172uk

So 2022 as I said. The Golf has been delayed till 2020. The A3 will be released in 2020 too.

X3man likes this.
  9. rdj

rdj Registered User

Hello guys, newbie here looking at finally ordering a RS3 (originally registered a few years ago - think I was considering a S3 at that time..). Can't understand why the manufacturers make it so difficult to have the options you want. Merc were the same when I ordered my A45, it all sticks in my throat when you're paying 45-55k. You should be able to have what you want. From what I can see, if you want the black exterior trim on the RS3 you have to have the diamond cut wheels - which I don't really like...

10. TerryCTR

TerryCTR Registered User

^^ that’s how it’s looking for now, not a fan of the saloon wheels myself so that rules the sport edition out.

I’m hopefully testing an RS3 next weekend to see if it’s worth the cash switching out of the M2 into one. I’ve also just specced an S3 to just over £40k and part of me thinks stop blowing money on cars I barely use and stay half sensible this time :expressionless:

keenu likes this.
  11. D0C

D0C Registered User

I think the S3 would feel like a big downgrade next to an M2.

X3man likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. TerryCTR

TerryCTR Registered User

That’s a slight concern doc but with a 9 month old now in tow I find it sits in the garage even more as it’s too convenient to jump in the wife’s mini and go. I’ve no doubt I’ll regret selling what is probably the best handling/exciting car I’ve owned but when it’s not being used I think stuff it.

D0C and X3man like this.
  14. Al49

Al49 Registered User

I had held off buying an RS3 in the hope that the individual colour options would be available on the new models.My first choice would also have been orange.

15. rdj

rdj Registered User

There doesn't seem to be a signature colour for the RS3 like say the Golf R does there? Everyone has what they like it seems. Certainly don't want the pano roof - have it on my Merc and never used it....

16. temo_wil

temo_wil Registered User

Such a shame isn’t it. Such an amazing car deserves to be personalised and seen in a variety of colours. This is what I was deciding between...

Attached Files:

FBF01, X3man and Al49 like this.
  17. 3vans

3vans Registered User

18. Masslob

Masslob Registered User

I agree with you as much as I love my rs3 I can't justify what I'm paying with how much I'm using. So looking to see if I can trade it in for something cheaper without having to pay an extra. If not I'll have to lump it for another 18 MTHS till Im half way through the PCP.

TerryCTR likes this.
  19. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member Supporter

It really feels like Audi are being very lazy here.

For a run out car you would usually expect ... better prices, new colours, new packs (not limiting packs for certain options) and more kit as standard.

None of that ... just higher prices and same old done to death alloys.

AudiNutta, RS3-Rob, Radman and 4 others like this.
  20. zippster

zippster Registered User

im not convinced the site is correctly updated yet. as you cannot find the saloon via the RS filter or the A3 filter yet! (only Sportback)

the only way to access the RS3 saloon is via the link above .. I cannot find it otherwise via the normal route.

http://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/models.html

EDIT: and when clicking RS from this filter it doesn't load all pictures
    Screenshot 2019-03-18 at 13.32.09.png

L1ARR and X3man like this.
  21. RS3-Rob

RS3-Rob Registered User

One of the few reasons I won't be buying another Audi after this FL RS3 which i'm already in two minds wether to sell or not while the prices are still good on these cars and i'm on low miles with good optional extras.

It just seems Audi have become lazy on the RS3 I feel, I know its basically a modded A3 but Id still like to see more change and a bigger difference between the two in terms of looks, take the badges off and a normal person wouldn't be able to tell the difference apart from the sound/engine and afew other small changes.

Snake Pliskin and X3man like this.
  22. teslaboy

teslaboy Mythos black RS3 8v FL

Don't get me on those dam shxx rotor alloys !!!

23. X3man

X3man Well known member

24. rdj

rdj Registered User

I see that Audi offer the model delete at no cost. Apart from front and rear badges, are there any others?

25. terminator x

terminator x Registered User

That is all they delete (which is all the external badges) but there are internal RS3 badges afaik + RS written on the brakes etc.

TX.

rdj likes this.
  26. X3man

X3man Well known member

27. FBF01

FBF01 Registered User

X3man likes this.
  28. H4VO

H4VO Registered User

He say why?

29. FBF01

FBF01 Registered User

Something to do with emissions and the fact Audi don’t produce anything hybrid at present, so it’s impacting what Audi are allowed to sell to the public. Sure he said you can’t even order a basic A3 or A4. Was having a proper rant about it, obviously doesn’t help if a salesman doesn’t have any cars to sell!

H4VO and X3man like this.
  30. temo_wil

temo_wil Registered User

If that’s true then it’s game over for this model, the interior is showing its age and with the new A3 model just round the corner I can’t see them offering this version any longer.

31. Snake Pliskin

Yeah there are comments in the A3/S3 section also reporting all new S3 orders are cancelled and only stock / built models available :blink:

32. terminator x

We did say ages ago that it would be a surprise if they built any more RS3s given the new model A3 is due this year.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

X3man likes this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. temo_wil

temo_wil Registered User

And it looks like you guys may have been right. Roll on the new 2.5l, hybrid, 500bhp from factory, 0-60 in under 3s beast (can live in hope)....

X3man and terminator x like this.
  35. hopgop1

hopgop1 Registered User

I gave Lincoln Audi my deposit to order an RS3 saloon yesterday. Maybe I was just in time!

X3man likes this.
  36. terminator x

Interesting, any indication of how long it may take to arrive? Just thinking that some people ordered just before the PFL production stopped and had to wait a long time until the FL arrived.

TX.

X3man likes this.
  37. hopgop1

hopgop1 Registered User

Haven't been given a clear time frame yet. Will wait to pick it up until early September anyway if it arrives any earlier, need the extra year's no claims and then I'll get a 69 reg car not a 19.

38. hawesy25

hawesy25 Registered User

If that’s the case, the saloon variant will be very limited in numbers. There’s only circa 20 for sale on autotrader currently...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X3man likes this.
  39. zippster

zippster Registered User

so what im hearing is values are going up :)

how long do I need to leave it before I can go swap my new RS3 saloon for a 2 year old R8? :):):)

40. Jermaine

Jermaine M27JOR

I’m still yet to order my car, but am being told the A3 & S3 have been pulled. RS3 can still be ordered, I’m going in tomorrow to order at Bristol as the guy at Cheltenham is really hard to get hold of for some reason

rdj, hawesy25 and X3man like this.
  41. rdj

rdj Registered User

Great info there Jermaine - thanks for posting. Better get myself in gear it seems...:whistle2:

X3man likes this.
  42. Snake Pliskin

Let's hope they fulfill these orders and they don't pull the plug part way

hopgop1 and X3man like this.
  43. terminator x

Careful Snake you may miss out ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk