RS3 Noises

Auscyuk

Reaction score
Hi

Just got an RS3, I posted about a little leather mark I had in the wrong forum lol (posted it in the A3/S3 forum from my previous car) anyway, just go this and it has some clicking type hard drive noise coming from the front and a high pitched tone coming from the rear.

Is this normal? Are RS3 naturally noisy cars?

The brakes were a bit rusty and once or twice it has made a low tone howling type noise when I press the brakes - is this normal.

Also any thoughts on the mark I found on the passenger seat ? I’ve tried leather cleaner but doesn’t lift. I know it’s small but it’s just annoying as it’s meant to be a brand new car.

I seem to be getting all the noises lol and reading through some posts I’m getting a bit worried as these cars don’t seem all that well put together.

Cheers guys, thanks for the help!

61ed6dd03b1d3da8b2ce39e4e09249d5.jpg

Hi

Just got an RS3, I posted about a little leather mark I had in the wrong forum lol (posted it in the A3/S3 forum from my previous car) anyway, just go this and it has some clicking type hard drive noise coming from the front and a high pitched tone coming from the rear.

Is this normal? Are RS3 naturally noisy cars?

The brakes were a bit rusty and once or twice it has made a low tone howling type noise when I press the brakes - is this normal.

Also any thoughts on the mark I found on the passenger seat ? I’ve tried leather cleaner but doesn’t lift. I know it’s small but it’s just annoying as it’s meant to be a brand new car.

I seem to be getting all the noises lol and reading through some posts I’m getting a bit worried as these cars don’t seem all that well put together.

Cheers guys, thanks for the help!

61ed6dd03b1d3da8b2ce39e4e09249d5.jpg
The RS3 makes a few noises doesn’t it

what you’ll hear is probably the electric coolant pump running on when you switch off
There’s also the electronic actuator for the gear stick / nugget to gearbox that’ll make noise

you’ll also hear the throttle valve resetting itself too.

opening the driver door will also prime the fuel pressure in readiness for a engine start.

the brake noise is well known on the 8Y, usually happens when going from forwards to reversing and braking you’ll get like a ‘humming’ noise.

Reactions: Auscyuk and DangerMouseUK
I've noticed a noise from the brakes if I've pushed the car quite hard, and then braked hard almost sounds like the pads are worn out lol.

Reactions: Auscyuk and DangerMouseUK
One possibility for the clicking noise from the front could be the EVAP Canister or the Fuel Pump/Cabling depending on exactly how it sounds?
Had that on my RS3 never did get to the bottom of it.

Reactions: Auscyuk
Another noise came up today I heard almost like a gas release type noise after I started reversing from park - anyone have any idea what that could be ?

If you park your car in a garage and just happen to be in there doing other stuff it sure does make some odd noises for quite a while

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and 8YARWY
Another noise came up today I heard almost like a gas release type noise after I started reversing from park - anyone have any idea what that could be ?

You might have mistaken the noise for the brakes/EPB catching slightly as you reverse they do that sometimes? Would make a grinding/hissing type sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk