RS3 MPG Thread

DavidM

Reaction score
I know you don't buy this machine for fuel consumption but it does count for something.
What MPG's are you getting at the various runs / stages after picking up the car.

Dave

On a gentle motorway run I get low 30s, pottering around town about 20 mpg. I've now done about 900 miles.

Is economy mode when the engine is off and you've locked the car for the night? LOL ;-)

Reactions: RGBARGEE, jimojameso and rs3_lloyd
Since buying the car I've had the trip running and mines at 24.2. That's over 1700 miles.

I had an RS3 at an Audi Sport Showcase even today for 40 mins. I wouldn't of bothered myself but i got asked to trip the average MPG before i went out just to see what it did. Averaged at 10.5 MPG. I thought that was pretty good considering i was driving it VERY hard for the full 40 mins.

Reactions: rs3_lloyd
Please convert the numbers on your own guys :) careful driving 7.8-8.4 l/100km 90% outside of town; in town careful driving (D mode and start-stop on) 10.5-12 l/100km, in town dynamic and S mode 20-23 l/100km. These are numbers I got so far, almost 1300km done.

Was thinking of removing secondary cat even with dynamic package with the sports zorst, guessing doing this will affect fuel economy?

Please convert the numbers on your own guys :) careful driving 7.8-8.4 l/100km 90% outside of town; in town careful driving (D mode and start-stop on) 10.5-12 l/100km, in town dynamic and S mode 20-23 l/100km. These are numbers I got so far, almost 1300km done.

Fun is expensive. With the gas tank so small, you have to make friends in all gas stations around the city.

Reactions: tektrob and Fuzzy5987
The only way that will affect the economy is if you are pushing it more for that sound :yum:

Reactions: Ashbrummy
The average I get in my VW Scirocco R is around 8.5 to 9 l/100 km overall, so doesn't sound too bad considering the extra cylinder and oomph!

Yeah, the thing is that sound is more addictive than acceleration (even though these come together :) ) That is why it is soooooo difficult not to put your foot down all the time. Oh how it sounds :hearteyes: I got 12l/100km when I accelerate hard from the lights but then keep steady speed within limits. In my opinion 12 in town is therefore a good number. >20 are non stop accelerations and keeping the revs high.

Reactions: Ozmosis and Ashbrummy
I used to get around 17mpg ragging the **** out of my day r32 and this was all local inner city roads. Having a capristo valetronic exhaust on a R32, you just had to!

Yeah, the thing is that sound is more addictive than acceleration (even though these come together :) ) That is why it is soooooo difficult not to put your foot down all the time. Oh how it sounds :hearteyes: I got 12l/100km when I accelerate hard from the lights but then keep steady speed within limits. In my opinion 12 in town is therefore a good number. >20 are non stop accelerations and keeping the revs high.

Yeah so I can expect 12-15 then as I am waiting for this soundtrack! ;-)

Reactions: RYuill
Seems a good a place as any to pose this question!?

Just filled her up for the first time, and despite the last 20 miles averaging 16.9mpg, the estimated range is 355 miles!! This seems very optimistic! I was expecting around 300 on a good run, and 270ish on an average tank?

355miles   1

Why don't you have lap timer on your display? Someone alert the RS3 :busted cop:

TX.

Reactions: josedebardi
I saw 230 from a full tank in comfort mode driving very "miss daisy"

And I saw 190 out of a full tank driving dynamic and using the loud pedal as much as I liked.

Now when I changed to winter tyres, I tend to have consumption higher about 0.5-1l per 100km. On a motorway constant speed of 140kmh results in around 10l/100km. Night driving in the city, around 22-24l/100km. Roads outside town with small traffic, around 8-9l/100km.

On a German highway we drove for around 100km between 200-277kmh with avg. consumption of 21l/100km.

I get 18mpg going to work and back, used to get 22mpg from my RS4.

On a motorway run I get low to mid 30s assuming I keep things legal :)

Outside town 31-35mpg, city driving (Dynamic and full acceleration) 12-13mpg, motorway 87mph on a cruise control around 28mpg. These are on winter tyres, PZero gives better mileage.

I always turn off the auto start stop stupidness and over all haven't noticed much difference from my 8P RS3. Depending on driving and road type between 240 and 310 miles per tank

Don't anticipate anything beyond 25mpg on average per thousand miles or think towards an oil burner

My mk1 has completed 25k miles from new and has averaged 19.1mpg since her birth. I went stage 1 MTM in July and saw my tank take me closer to 220 miles than the previous 190-200....every one of them when in 'S' mode combined with the de-cat pipe, 410bhp, etc make the cost of V-Power go unnoticed

I'm not expecting miracles! My 130i averaged 26 mpg and the S5 was down at 23 mpg.

TX.

Outside town 31-35mpg, city driving (Dynamic and full acceleration) 12-13mpg, motorway 87mph on a cruise control around 28mpg. These are on winter tyres, PZero gives better mileage.

Marcin I know it is not strictly related to this thread but which winter tyres do you have? Need to buy some for mine this week!!!

So 2nd fill up today after the 1st fill up, can confirm mpg as 25.

TX.

Not bad TX, I average around 28-30 in my Scirocco...

4-years now and BLUEY - an 8P Audi RS3 of course - remains at 25.4mpg from new however she's driven

If you can't handle that then go get a 1.4TDi 90bhp Audi A2 - just as much FUN and diving FLAT-OUT Suzy does 50 PLUS mpg all the time...

Yer pays yer money and yer takes yer choice...

Reactions: Ozmosis
Had a constant 25.8mpg in the S3 over 2800 miles. I am expecting around 21 in the Rs.

Hope it is not an off-topic as winter tyres increased my fuel consumption :)

I initially wanted to buy new Nokian D4, but the price difference between them and Pirelli SottoZero 3 was insignificant so I went for SZ3 with R01 certification. I called my Audi dealer and he said that there are no problems with tyres other than with R01 notification, but in case of any problems with suspension etc. they may argue that this is tyres' fault. If you have R01 they can't blame anything on the tyres. So since it was about PLN 70 of difference per tyre, it was no brainer for me. I can't say much about SZ3 since there were no winter conditions so far, but there is enough information in the web about them.

Reactions: Ozmosis