RS3 meet Sunday March 17th........

Preference for RS3 meet date(s)

• March 17th meet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Can't thank you enough Mark, please excuse the repetition :thumbsup:; but next time, please, set off on your own and just give robbimac a map to follow… :search: as the rest of us were trying to keep up with him :racer: Ruthin to Cerrigydrudion - in cold, wet, and falling sleet; and on gritted roads? The best drive ever... :applaus: I for one will never forget it, magic!

It's a memory well worth reliving John! I was at the advantage my RS3 spends 80% of its miles on roads like those. The fast open and challenging A & B roads are where the RS3 really shines. Next time come with us round the evo triangle that was another 20 miles just like the B5105. In the pouring wet on Saturday it was a real challenge, bumpy in places & using all the suspension travel through standing water. On Sunday afternoon it dried up a bit and as you've seen in the video was a fair bit quicker - we didn't see any other traffic teavelling in our direction either, stunning views, challenging corners what more could you want?

Reactions: Vito and 45bvtc
c'mon Grandad...... punch in the directions and follow the SatNav....... ha ha ha ha ha
5fa703ef16712055ae1922bb39e01c61_zps156a9162.jpg

Technophobe........:laugh:

Reactions: Vito, 45bvtc, MBK and 1 other person
I'll add some of our pictures into the link that Catnip sent me. Some nice ones too. Must say the car has been running better since the "run out".....:racer:

Reactions: MBK and Vito
I'll add some of our pictures into the link that Catnip sent me. Some nice ones too. Must say the car has been running better since the "run out".....:racer:

Has been running better ? Are you sure ? Hummm.......Is it not your driving style that has changed since ? :racer:

Reactions: Moschops
Love it Vito, my RS3 always runs mightily well...driving style might indeed be a factor ;)

"If in doubt, flat out" Colin McRae

Works for me! Keep your foot in!

Colin mcrae met him a few times ,as i worked in crossford near lanark ,top bloke RIP,never forgotton ..

Last edited:
Reactions: MBK
That's why Colin only won 1 WRC title and Sebastien Loeb to date has won 9....

Yeah but look at the competition Colin McCrash had, Tommy Makinen, Richard Burns (RIP), Juha Kankkunen, Markus Gronholm, Carlos Sainz, Didier Aureol to name but a few, some serious contenders and former world champions listed there...:anbet:

True but Gronholm, Makkinen, Sainz, Solberg, Martin, Duval, Hirvonen et al were all racing Loeb (first 4 world champions) as well so certainly in the first few years he won he was beating good competitors, latterly I agree the calibre has not been there but then Loeb's margin of victories in some races has been far significant.

Last edited:
I have given my car a good wash today and sadly have to say that last week thrashing as left the mark on mine, found quite few small chips all over the front including a couple on the bonnet :(

Reactions: 45bvtc
Oh dear, must admit mine has some too...****** ****ty roads....:keule: Still we enjoyed the day and it was good to meet everyone, although hopefully next time the weather will be better.

I have given my car a good wash today and sadly have to say that last week thrashing as left the mark on mine, found quite few small chips all over the front including a couple on the bonnet :(
Mine too, bonnet and windscreen…

But Bluey's new 'pebbledash looks' will always be associated with: a) that brilliant drive from Ruthin to Cerrigydrudion, and b) 2-phrases spoken in the Ruthin Castle car park prior to our departure, i.e.:

1) "Does everyone know where we're going", and

2) "MBK does, so we'll follow him."

And we did, and I'm still laughing now…

So Bluey and I are going to cherish this pebbledash effect!

Thank you Robbie, Mark, et al.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vito, wickedstef, MBK and 1 other person
Like John's, bonnet and windscreen and I had quite a few hours of motorway as well. I used the touchpaint stick quite a bit on the Monday to stop them getting worse...I hope that detailers can fix those things and I am seriously thinking about a 3M shield.

Mine too, bonnet and windscreen…

But Bluey's new 'pebbledash looks' will always be associated with: a) that brilliant drive from Ruthin to Cerrigydrudion, and b) 2-phrases spoken in the Ruthin Castle car park prior to our departure, i.e.:

1) "Does everyone know where we're going", and

2) "MBK does, so we'll follow him."

And we did, and I'm still laughing now…

So Bluey and I are going to cherish this pebbledash effect!

Thank you Robbie, Mark, et al.
Funnier still was seeing MBK parked on the side of the road with thermos and sandwiches while we (I mean robbiemac and the rest of us) were trying to catch up.... That boy MBK has just gotta follow next time...

I have Paintshield film on my RS3, and I had it on my previous car, too. My TTS had over 80k miles and perfect paint when I sold it...

Happy to follow next time! :laugh: Hopefully the weather will be better and I'll have the Go Pro camera's running for some great passing shots as you all fly past.

I agree on the paint film, I've used Ventureshield on a few track cars and it worked well. It's not perfect though, you still have to live with the odd nick and bump in the film from stone chips but the paint underneath is unmarked. You'll also spend a a lot of time removing polish from the edge of the film when you clean the car - but that is a small price to pay for the protection. Wasn't any point on the RS3 as it had the odd stone chip when I bought it.

This S2000 I once owned had Ventureshield fitted (you can see it blasting about in some of my track videos) it took some real abuse when I was giving some other track users the hurry ups and yet still looked perfect afterwards.

I spent 6 hours with mine, inside and out.... no adverse chips, bruisesIMG 0833

Course you can, I put sealant on it, so it should just wipe off..... not that I'm requesting a trial...!

I did also give the toy the same treatment before tucking her away. Now that spring is here I'll hopefully use her more too. And if you "arrive" on that car I wouldn't even notice but if I did...:whip:

IMG 0838

Course you can, I put sealant on it, so it should just wipe off..... not that I'm requesting a trial...!

I did also give the toy the same treatment before tucking her away. Now that spring is here I'll hopefully use her more too. And if you "arrive" on that car I wouldn't even notice but if I did...:whip:

View attachment 14551

I'll keep my comments clean because I'm gonna be needing you to drive up north soon for a special project ;o)

Yeah its a little lower than the RS3... but a serious driving tool... inline roller skate! with a boxer engine and 320 bhp on something weighing under 1300 kilos... (untilI get in it!)

Now whats this special project!?

I have Paintshield film on my RS3, and I had it on my previous car, too. My TTS had over 80k miles and perfect paint when I sold it...

Thanks for the recommendation - have just contacted this co. for prices (standard/full front/complete) and will provide this info when I receive it.

I have 3M Ventureshield on the entire front end, total cost around £800 inc. VAT for full front bumper, headlights, full bonnet and full front wings with a 5 year guarantee against yellowing. That price would also include wing mirrors but I elected not to have the kit sections applied. You will need paint correction first for a clean install but that was less than £100 for me or you could DIY if you have the kit.

Opted for this as similar quote from Paintshield was £1500+VAT; Ventureshield is local to me should anything go wrong and the additional cost of Paintshield plus the fuel to get down to Peterborough and overnight accommodation cost whilst they apply it just did not stack up for me compared to what supposed (if any) increased protection Xpel (aka Paintshield) gives you over 3M.

Regarding stone chips etc both have 'self healing' properties so the paint is pristine underneath, all you have to do is clean out / clay the marked hole/area and then look at bit gay when you are heating the surface with your other halves hardryer for it to 'heal'. Larger stone chips would be a problem though. As for polish as MBK described, that's why I have gone for G-Techniq stuff as it is far easier to apply on to Ventureshiled with minimal residue.

Last edited:
Reactions: wickedstef and MBK