RS3 meet Sunday March 17th........

Preference for RS3 meet date(s)

• March 17th meet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I definitely can't make 17th March now, lunchtime in NW leaves me no time to get back and prepared for our event on Monday.

14th April is much better for me, I can make that if you decide to push it back.

OK MBK,

I've set up quick poll for date preference...... I voted for 14th April as it would seem to suit you and me both......
cheers
robbie

Whichever for me, as I can do either...

But I do agree with P_G, as I too will have summer tyres back on by then...

And Catnip's leg-over (Yeah, yeah, yeah!) will be a distant memory by April 14th, so he'll be able to make it too.

Reactions: robbiemac
More the merrier I say :)

I'm starting to think that a mid-week meet outside a certain Audi Uk establishment in Milton Keynes may be more productive?

Or is it me? I don't have a problem with my RS3 but I'd gladly be there...

ha ha... you're wish could come true CatnipRS3 as mine's was dropped off yesterday for the brake fix..... I'm now driving an S4 Avant......... Jesus their big, lovely motor mind; just feel like it's me driving my Dad's car:laugh:

If we go April I'll post up the preferred date which would be Sunday 14th April......
cheers
robbie

Do you like the S4?, I think the interior is far superior than the RS3 and power delivery was mega-smooth because of the supercharger....I loved the car but at the end of the day, I found it a bit boring after a while, hence I got my RS3 back!....Whoohooo!!! ya can see my neighbours at the windows when I arrive home thinking there is a bus in the cul-de-sac!...well should be gone on Wednesday after the infamous 45bvtc fixeroonie!

14th April works better for me. Will have secondary cat bypass sorted by then also.....

Do you like the S4?, I think the interior is far superior than the RS3 and power delivery was mega-smooth because of the supercharger....I loved the car but at the end of the day, I found it a bit boring after a while, hence I got my RS3 back!....Whoohooo!!! ya can see my neighbours at the windows when I arrive home thinking there is a bus in the cul-de-sac!...well should be gone on Wednesday after the infamous 45bvtc fixeroonie!

Just drove to Glasgow for the weekend and cruised back today in the S4.... Next generation DSG gear box is cool downshifting between D and S is nice..... mpg is easy to get good returns, however as you said a little boring for my tastes. I'm not keen on the instrument binnacle and the dash/console around the gear stick is a little busy for my taste.
3.0V6 is very grown up, older persons set up IMHO...... do not like front end and all the chintzy chrome touches everywhere, would defiantly spec black optics pack on this car

OK MBK,

I've set up quick poll for date preference...... I voted for 14th April as it would seem to suit you and me both......
cheers
robbie

Good effort setting this up - hope it all goes ahead. Unfortunately I've got nipper number 2 arriving around mid-April and can't be circa 4-5 hours away from home if he decides to hit the "S" button and arrive early!

Only made a few posts on here, but I'd be interested in going, depending on how far it is from London, but willing to go for a "drive".

If the weather is really nice, is one allowed to appear in another vehicle?

I'd don the "my other car is an RS3 sticker!"

Originally Posted by robbiemac
1. robbiemac
2. RYes3
3. 45bvtc
4. Klauster (80%)
5. MBK (50%)
6. CatnipRS3 (has had a better offer.....)
7. Geek (tbc)
8. Rs3kel (tbc)
9. Mr_Freeze
and counting.........

Make it 10 ? Can I come as well ?

Reactions: 45bvtc
1. robbiemac
2. RYes3
3. 45bvtc
4. Klauster (80%)
5. MBK (50%)
6. CatnipRS3 (has had a better offer.....)
7. Geek (tbc)
8. Rs3kel (tbc)
9. Mr_Freeze
10. Vito
11. P_G (if now on April 14)

1. robbiemac
2. RYes3
3. 45bvtc
4. Klauster
5. MBK
6. CatnipRS3
7. Geek
8. Rs3kel
9. Mr_Freeze
10. Vito
11. P_G

based on April 14th meet........ Looking good:icon_thumright:

Me too, me too.

75% certain I could make it or is there a cap on numbers?

Me too, me too.

75% certain I could make it or is there a cap on numbers?

Hi mate,

No cap on numbers, got an RS3....... Yer in......... Not got one....... you ain't coming.
Due to the overwhelming response to April 14th it's now nailed on...........
Nearer the time, early April everyone should PM me their email address and I'll send the location, time and itinerary.
cheers
robbie

Good effort setting this up - hope it all goes ahead. Unfortunately I've got nipper number 2 arriving around mid-April and can't be circa 4-5 hours away from home if he decides to hit the "S" button and arrive early!

Hope ALL goes well for you monkeyboy_marcus, and your wife, and the little one... Oh, and not forgetting, your RS3!

AND April 14th is just great for me... Can't wait...

Last edited:
Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus and Vito
Excellent, thanks robbie, indeed one has an RS3 and looking fwd to using it on summer tyres, which I've only used for a week on frozen roads. So a bit of warmth on summer ryes will be great, and get to see a whole other load of rs3s!

Looking fwd to it

Anyone else coming from down sooth?

Excellent, thanks robbie, indeed one has an RS3 and looking fwd to using it on summer tyres, which I've only used for a week on frozen roads. So a bit of warmth on summer ryes will be great, and get to see a whole other load of rs3s!

Looking fwd to it

Anyone else coming from down sooth?

not sure...... check back on all the reply's and see who's coming from where I guess.....
you'll be made very welcome, details will be emailed to you nearer the time, make sure you send me you're email address please and the details will be emailed through to you.......
cheers
robbie

I can be tempted if enough guys in the south come and we meet to go there together in convoy.

I can be tempted if enough guys in the south come and we meet to go there together in convoy.

Excellent idea!....then all the Northern guys can meet up and travel together, then have a battle of the middle-aged men (and pensioners) in their RS3's in Mid Wales!...Bye 'eck I don't think half of us will understand each other.

ps...are you coming too Piggles?

Yup, good idea, where you coming from Wickedstef?

Can arrange to meet somewhere en route of you like?

This ones's for you Robbie :lmfao:

Diesel RS3

on the contrary...... let's get him invited. 'Typical wop..... turns up with a knife to a gunfight'

Yup, good idea, where you coming from Wickedstef?

Can arrange to meet somewhere en route of you like?

Hi Guys, my planned route will be from the M6 at Junction 12 and down the A5 and A41 to Newport and Whitchurch, and then....

Or from the M6 at Junction 12 and down the A5 to Oswestry, and then....

Or straight up the M6, even, and then....

So, if you guys intend dropping off the M6 at Junction 12 - or continuing past - then I'll be waiting and drop in behind.... I was going to say "at the rear" but I don't want to get robbimac adding more turdish humour/graffiti (lol robbimac, and good morning).

Or let me know your route when we know the destination, so then....

PS: snowing here today so summer tyres back off and winter tyres back on!!! Oops!!

What A mistaka-ta-maka (Vito to translate hahaha)

Last edited:
I come from Berkshire. I'm after junction 11 but I'm happy to meet closer to Swindon/Bristol.

This looks to be great timing as one of the other forums is doing the EVO triangle run the day before so I could have 2 days of driving nirvana in Wales. Just have to think of somewhere to stay on the Saturday night. Any suggestions from those who know the area?

1. robbiemac
2. RYes3
3. 45bvtc
4. Klauster
5. MBK
6. CatnipRS3
7. Geek
8. Rs3kel
9. Mr_Freeze
10. Vito
11. P_G
12. Bilen
13. wickedstef
14. ..............

details regarding this meet have been posted to you all, please follow instructions and email me back details.
many thanks
robbie

Hi Catnip, I am coming from Preston, we could meet at the chester zoo exit petrol station ? ( M56 exit 14 )

Hi Vito....yes that sounds like a plan!, we will discuss further closer to the date?

Thanks for the message Robbie, will email you later...you might as well meet me and Vito (and any others) on the M56 on your way down?

Hi Vito....yes that sounds like a plan!, we will discuss further closer to the date?

Thanks for the message Robbie, will email you later...you might as well meet me and Vito (and any others) on the M56 on your way down?

Hi mate,

Good idea..... happy to convoy up. Just keep the details via PM or email
cheers
robbie

Replied to Robbie.

Apart from Bilen, who's coming from the south?
I have 4ish hours journey so will leave for 7am.

OK mate.....
Check the recent PM's sent to you, on the recipients list you can see who's been asked......
most are from the North, got no problem with you inviting other RS3 owners, I've invited anyone that's showed interest in the original post/thread......
As I said before, keep it RS3 owners only and we won't go far wrong......
cheers
robbie

Hi Catnip, I am coming from Preston, we could meet at the chester zoo exit petrol station ? ( M56 exit 14 )

Ah go on then...arm twisted i'll come to this!

If you guys want to meet up and convoy down i'm up for that! Can meet at Charnock first Vito? Then what about Lymm services for Catnip?

nice one,you re coming then Macdaddy.................and yes of course we'll meet somewhere and drive down together, no convoy though ,

SIDE BY SIDE...:laugh:

Vito,

check you're email.... big news, try and not explode with excitement.....
keep it down low PM only if you need to chat

Ah go on then...arm twisted i'll come to this!

If you guys want to meet up and convoy down i'm up for that! Can meet at Charnock first Vito? Then what about Lymm services for Catnip?

I guess there is a new entry......n.14 ?

1. robbiemac
2. RYes3
3. 45bvtc
4. Klauster
5. MBK
6. CatnipRS3
7. Geek
8. Rs3kel
9. Mr_Freeze
10. Vito
11. P_G
12. Bilen