RS3 LPFP and control module retrofit

grainqey

Hello,

I don't remember reading about anybody that's actually done the pump AND module together other than people describing the features of doing it - loss of the driver door open priming etc...

Has anybody done the module swap as I've seen one come up at a good price but I don't know if you have to add the module plus a feed which is the 16? gauge wire too and splice it into the current loom (I've seen it done without the module if I remember correctly and they ran the thicker wire feed and a thicker ground to supply the pump but seemed to use the regular A3/S3 module)

Thanks in advance
Alex

grainqey

Thanks for that, I've read it a couple of times already though haha! It seems that he had to add the extra wires which seemed to defeat the point in fitting the TTRS/RS3 controller (will probably just go for the PM3 as it seems more straight forward)

Thanks

Tezgreig

This mean your not breaking the A3
What power you aiming for now mate ?

grainqey

Well the gearbox hasn't died still (currently) so it'd be rude not to really!

Its away having a map so should come back with 370-380ish but buying garrett GT30 parts now, bought the manifold but just need to get feedback from my mapper about which supporting hardware to use like injectors and exhaust housing A/R (looking at going .73) and running the TTRS lpfp but looks like im getting a torqbyte pm3 unless my tuner says they can just adjust the map to lower the duty cycle from the controller - I'll probably run it at 440ish which seems to be about the BHZ/CDL engines limit without rods but I've got uprated pistons so if I buy the matching rods I can go upto whatever the turbo will put out!

Then based on how S3Alex gets on with his 7 speed swap, go to the 7 speed box so I don't need clutches :D

Alex

Tezgreig

Happy days mate I've seen some uprated fuel pumps on Facebook company called vag fueling solutions. Quite good for injectors too mate have a look

Reactions: S.

grainqey

Well, the daft thing is i'll possibly sell it or save up and buy something else to distract me from it haha! I'm going to do a rear disc upgrade to the C7 RS6 rear discs but a non wavy version from the A8 which'll keep me busy for a few days making adapters!

To be honest I've been looking at all the TTRS bits i.e injectors and pump but i'll have a look thanks :)