RS3...Limbo....wait....or Fully Loaded TTS

Get away ye Gif Prince...ye know its beast on a straight road...lol

It's a lot of car for £46k I'll give you that but how did you get from a TTS to an A7?? I mean that thing is biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig!!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06
Yes mate...I'm in the same boat as you...need to obviously see it in the flesh but from the video it seems clear that the bodywork is almost identical to the S3 sedan which I am dissapointed about....it would not have been difficult to push the arches out a bit like the concept...especially as it is supposed to be the spiritual successor to the old RS4 sedan....I guess Audi doesn't want to be 'shouting' too much and trying to look like their competition...but then why put it on the concept and not into production?!? Hope you're reading this Mr. Audi

Absolutely mate, I would have liked the flared arches too but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen.....................goddamit Audi, git yer ****** **** together!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No brainer for me as I don't need the rear seats and already have the latest S3, which I've not been too impressed with - so the RS3 would have the same issues for me, i.e. poor driving position, bland looks, etc. The TTS is better looking (way better) than an RS3, has a better interior, better 'tech', more options as standard, MUCH cheaper to run and to buy (the five grand dealer contribution I got helped!) and to drive? I've spent time in both, the TTS is the better car to drive, end of. The only thing the RS3 does better IMO, is make more noise and is slightly quicker in a straight line, but not night and day quicker by any stretch of the imagination. Forget the 0 - 60 times, in real world driving terms, there's nowt in it that I could detect. In fact, I expected the RS3 to be lightening quick, but the two I drove weren't that much faster than my S3. Anyway, each to their own and don't get me wrong , the RS3 is a lovely car, but given the choice, the TTS wins and easily wins for ME. If I was looking for a five door hatch that delivered serious oomph, I'd be looking at a Focus RS. Can't believe I wrote that, but there you go. My brother has one on order has driven one in Belgium when on business. He absolutely raves about how good it is and the press are saying the same. Anyway...

My new florent silver TTS s tronic coupe is due to arrive in two weeks - can't wait!!!

Reactions: Pulp84, Scottyg, veeeight and 1 other person
Dicing with death saying this on here but the A7 is a thing of beauty and If I had the money I'd pick that over an RS3 any day.

Reactions: Ozmosis and Jassyo06
New Aston vanquish is a thing of beauty and if I had the money if buy one of them over the rs3

Reactions: 5pot, DAYTONA 500 and Jassyo06
No brainer for me as I don't need the rear seats and already have the latest S3, which I've not been too impressed with - so the RS3 would have the same issues for me, i.e. poor driving position, bland looks, etc. The TTS is better looking (way better) than an RS3, has a better interior, better 'tech', more options as standard, MUCH cheaper to run and to buy (the five grand dealer contribution I got helped!) and to drive? I've spent time in both, the TTS is the better car to drive, end of. The only thing the RS3 does better IMO, is make more noise and is slightly quicker in a straight line, but not night and day quicker by any stretch of the imagination. Forget the 0 - 60 times, in real world driving terms, there's nowt in it that I could detect. In fact, I expected the RS3 to be lightening quick, but the two I drove weren't that much faster than my S3. Anyway, each to their own and don't get me wrong , the RS3 is a lovely car, but given the choice, the TTS wins and easily wins for ME. If I was looking for a five door hatch that delivered serious oomph, I'd be looking at a Focus RS. Can't believe I wrote that, but there you go. My brother has one on order has driven one in Belgium when on business. He absolutely raves about how good it is and the press are saying the same. Anyway...

My new florent silver TTS s tronic coupe is due to arrive in two weeks - can't wait!!!
I like the TTS very much my doubts about it are...the virtual cockpit the novelty will wear off,l love the folding screen on the S3 with the technology package,l don't like the TTS chrome grill,or its choice of alloys the standard rims are too much like the S3's and 20"s which l would have in a new York minute,would be a nightmare to clean but l will get the car for few days after the 16 plate frenzy has past

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Simon L
Dicing with death saying this on here but the A7 is a thing of beauty and If I had the money I'd pick that over an RS3 any day.

The A7 is a fine looking beast, just about three sizes too large for the real world in my eyes...

The A7 is a fine looking beast, just about three sizes too large for the real world in my eyes...

My old man has an A7 black edition in floret silver. Lovely looking car, but the bonnet is effing ridiculous. It's enormous!!!!! It's a hell of a car to clean also. Rapid. 3litre Quattro. Just eats up Tarmac but it does feel like a small yacht on wheels when I drove it a few weeks ago

Reactions: Ozmosis
Gotta admit I really like the A7/S7/RS7 ... just faaaaar to big for my needs :)

Had a 2013 A7 BE BT... great car for motorways as long as they are smooth with 21in 275 tyres. Very smart car in Daytona. As I said great on Motorways which is why I bought it and as long as you have somewhere to park at either end of your journey. Nearly 5m long but not that huge inside.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Had a 2013 A7 BE BT... great car for motorways as long as they are smooth with 21in 275 tyres. Very smart car in Daytona. As I said great on Motorways which is why I bought it and as long as you have somewhere to park at either end of your journey. Nearly 5m long but not that huge inside.

I'm sure it's all very high quality too RG being the 7 and way up the range.

I've seen the quality in the 5 coming from a mark II TTS but the RS3 is a newer platform and the materials appear to be to a high standard on the 3.

No doubt the bigger cars are great on the motorway and effortless driving ... but no getting away from the big-ness :)

The 5 is not massive but I find there is a lot of wasted space, for its proportions. The 3 will be smaller externally but seats 5 and is much more usable being a hatch. I'm also gonna like the fact it has smaller front doors which will be easier to get in and out of in my garage ... Coupe doors are huge !!!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
I'm sure it's all very high quality too RG being the 7 and way up the range.

I've seen the quality in the 5 coming from a mark II TTS but the RS3 is a newer platform and the materials appear to be to a high standard on the 3.

No doubt the bigger cars are great on the motorway and effortless driving ... but no getting away from the big-ness :)

The 5 is not massive but I find there is a lot of wasted space, for its proportions. The 3 will be smaller externally but seats 5 and is much more usable being a hatch. I'm also gonna like the fact it has smaller front doors which will be easier to get in and out of in my garage ... Coupe doors are huge !!!

Had a Couple of 5's before the & 3.0Tdi quattro Coupe and a Cab. Coupe was great one of my best cars, but Cab was a bit naff really in my opinion. Loved the 5 Coupe and had a 4 Cabriolet in 2002.. Both great cars, had hoped A5 Cab would be best of both but sadly failed on most counts!

Had a Couple of 5's before the & 3.0Tdi quattro Coupe and a Cab. Coupe was great one of my best cars, but Cab was a bit naff really in my opinion. Loved the 5 Coupe and had a 4 Cabriolet in 2002.. Both great cars, had hoped A5 Cab would be best of both but sadly failed on most counts!

Hopefully the RS3 will be our best all round cars yet :)

Not sure. My 14 plate S3 was pretty good but the 2002(52) A4 3.0 Cab was great.. The 2008 (58) 5 Coupe was superb -- really loved that one. The jury is out as to whether the RS3 will be a 2/3 + year keeper or if I love it might keep indefinitely.
Getting rather exciting as only one sleep to go and being picked up by Audi man at 08.15

these are the rims you really want though.....O M G !
2016-Audi-TT_Clubsport-Turbo-Concept-01.jpg

OMFG those wheels. Why torment us Audi, Why...

Sorry Matt av got Audi Blood in me...av seen one M2 in the metal, looks really nice cough cough...but l don't like BMW interiors to put it mildly

Someone on here has upgraded the crappy standard sound to *** for I think £180. TT is not an RS..

Someone on here has upgraded the crappy standard sound to *** for I think £180. TT is not an RS..

Am not one for self upgrading anything in a car especially a very expensive one, l will wait for the perfect car saw my first Sepang RS3 today at a Audi forecourt loved it...but l know l don't like the Lunar ss seat's not keen on the design them holes in quilted part

Am not one for self upgrading anything in a car especially a very expensive one, l will wait for the perfect car saw my first Sepang RS3 today at a Audi forecourt loved it...but l know l don't like the Lunar ss seat's not keen on the design them holes in quilted part

It's hardly 'self upgrading' Jassy.. quite a simple plug in upgrade I am told. If the deal is right the dealer would probably fit the parts for you and no one need ever know!!

Are the super sports seats in the RS3 different to the S3 ?

The ones in the RS3 have RS3 stamped in the leather the S3 have S3...do yes they are different But only by an R or two..

Reactions: Sandra and Snake Pliskin
They've gotta handle more power:superman: and they're RS3 embossed.:hubbahubba:

Ha ha yeah they've gotta be more supportive with all that extra power on tap ... & to handle the extra cornering forces :sunglasses::smirk:

I thought Jassy liked the lunar seats though ?

Different pattern / stitching too ...

2lih0k8.jpg

S32.0TFSI_704x396_gallery07_D.jpg

TX.

Ah cool ... So we get the extra perforations yeah ... Nice :)

It's subtle things like that which Audi do so well :sunglasses:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and DAYTONA 500
Different pattern / stitching too ...

2lih0k8.jpg

S32.0TFSI_704x396_gallery07_D.jpg

TX.
As much as the RS3 has full leather SS seats in this case l prefer the ss seat's in the S3 if they came in Lunar no perforatations in the seats but they do look nice with the red stitching

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Agree with you 100%. On my S3 Cab I had lunar whi was gorgeous, collected my RS3 last night and never realised that to get Lunar I had to have SS seats, in my humble opinion the standard seats look far better. SS still nice but just a bit too fussy and £795 !

The RS3 does offer 'more' for your money in just sound alone and performance is damn good however at this early stage there are a few things that bother me in my day 1 of ownership and 1 thing that has surprised me (pleasantly).

Why the hell isn't more stuff standard on a car costing this much, like..

Negative - all these should be standard on a £40k + car..

Auto dim rear view
Folding mirrors
Cruise
Privacy glass
Looks like an S-line

Positive

Sound from standard stereo, actually pretty good (had B&O in cabriolet)
Engine noise with dynamic pack - absolutely infectious :)
Performance - OMG !
Standard wheels - these look great:)
Alu pack worth every penny, makes the car look very special

At the end of day one I'm happy I went ahead but will add Tints asap and truly wish I'd gone Sepang or Cat Red, Mythos just looks filfthy after 117 miles and some rain, this is going to be a PITA to keep nice .

Will post pics and sorry if thread hijacked slightly,too much vino LOL !!

Agree with you 100%. On my S3 Cab I had lunar whi was gorgeous, collected my RS3 last night and never realised that to get Lunar I had to have SS seats, in my humble opinion the standard seats look far better. SS still nice but just a bit too fussy and £795 !

The RS3 does offer 'more' for your money in just sound alone and performance is damn good however at this early stage there are a few things that bother me in my day 1 of ownership and 1 thing that has surprised me (pleasantly).

Why the hell isn't more stuff standard on a car costing this much, like..

Negative - all these should be standard on a £40k + car..

Auto dim rear view
Folding mirrors
Cruise
Privacy glass
Looks like an S-line

Positive

Sound from standard stereo, actually pretty good (had B&O in cabriolet)
Engine noise with dynamic pack - absolutely infectious :)
Performance - OMG !
Standard wheels - these look great:)
Alu pack worth every penny, makes the car look very special

At the end of day one I'm happy I went ahead but will add Tints asap and truly wish I'd gone Sepang or Cat Red, Mythos just looks filfthy after 117 miles and some rain, this is going to be a PITA to keep nice .

Will post pics and sorry if thread hijacked slightly,too much vino LOL !!

I didn't spec privacy glass either which is probably an error but will wait and see but easy to get tints.
A bit harsh-looks like an S line-not with Al pack surely.
Cruise control is useless on a car like that anyhow.
Folding mirrors-Ive ordered but not an essential-when do you need them?
Auto_dim -hardly essential either
Black is a classic-get a good detail done and then 2 min jet wash a week and its sparkling.

Cruise control is useless on a car like that anyhow.
Folding mirrors-Ive ordered but not an essential-when do you need them?

Cruise control is handy on a long journey, especially if you don't have access to another car.

Folding mirrors when going down a country lane?

With the others, I agree with you.

This is my first car with cruise control. Not used it yet! Never needed it before... And done some really long journeys...!

Cruise control is handy on a long journey, especially if you don't have access to another car.

Folding mirrors when going down a country lane?

With the others, I agree with you.
I was trying to accentuate the positives for spin140 as he sounded a bit down on a couple of things

I was trying to accentuate the positives for spin140 as he sounded a bit down on a couple of things

Yeah I saw where you were coming from after I posted it lol. Tbh yeah I can see where he's coming from but then also, you don't really need the toys.
My first car was a mk2 Fiesta with no toys, had so much fun in that car.

I think its fair to say that as we get older we find needs for things we never needed before, especially when those little added extras do add value and become part of our everyday use....I thought it was stupid and unsafe to not physically use a key to get in the car and start it up...now i would always tick that extra option. Folding mirrors? great when parked or in tight spots....also lets me know the car is properly locked. Cruise control...helps me rest and stretch my knees/legs on long journeys...and as you get older that can be only an hour! Auto dimming just makes driving more comfortable, especially with people (chavs) now upgrading their bulbs to bright white/blue lights to make their cars cool whilst blinding everyone....and when you are sat in traffic and that person behind you insists on being on the far side of the lane so their lights are blinding you in the drivers side mirror!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Spin140
I'm an old Git and agree I like my toys, not too fussed on having all the tech but do like creature comforts which is strange as I also have a thing for my old MX5 purely because its so basic, go figure :)

I'm not down on the RS by any measure, its a grower and with each day I love it more even getting to like the lack of privacy as it shows off the lunar seats :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and hood