Rs3 insurance... LOL

Hanz

Reaction score
I thought as it was Christmas today i would look at a few cars as i was bored after my lunch, i came across an 11 plate RS3 and thought i would see how much it would be....

Now at the moment i pay £1036 fully comp for my S3 8p on a 56 plate... which i think is reasonable as i am 20 (21 in a week) i have had 1 accident in september of 2008 and a clean license and live in a village just outside Bath (Ba15 postcode) and am an agricultural contractor.

This is the interesting bit.....

I put in the reg number OY11 HVE which is a red RS3, fully comp, with exactly the same spec policy as i have with my s3 and it is going to cost me £881.31 a year.....

[h=3]Price guaranteed for 45 days
[/h]Annual payment£881.31Monthly paymentSelect 'Go to Insurer' to check with provider

Now i only wish i had a spare £20k so i could buy an RS3!!!

My god insurance companys are odd!!

Made my christmas though

Its cheap because firstly, There are hardly ANY on the road.

Secondly the S3 on insurance statistics is well known for being stolen or written off.

I was quoted 4000 minimum on a MK5 golf GTI, Yet on my 1.8TFSI its costing me 1200? The 2.0Tfsi engines for me are so expensive because they are on the road alot so the more that get hit etc gives them a bad name!

Just to add another prime example my friend can insure a M5 for 1600...Yet a E46 M3 minimum he gets quoted is around 3000?

My cousin works in insurance and actually says that insurance is going to drop (if it has t already). Also that the gap between female and male drivers is being minimised secondary to discrimination laws so I suppose that's good news for us gents!!

Your insurance is well cheap! Im 19 and looking to get an S3 or a Leon FR. Whose your insurance with of you don't mind me asking?

dam thats cheap man wish i had the money to go buy one lol , to insure a S3 for me its only around £600 fully comp mainly because I'm 30 years old plus i live in a low risk area etc... hence why my a3 is only costing me £470 per year fully comp

Insurance is dependand on many things. Read my topic about insurance tips. Changing few details can change premium a lot.

Not that many rs3 on the road so still cheap to insure.

Your insurance is well cheap! Im 19 and looking to get an S3 or a Leon FR. Whose your insurance with of you don't mind me asking?

I was paying around £800 at 19 on a Leon FR stage 1 with 0 ncb and 2 crashes on my record!

WOW! im 20 with a 1.6 se audi a3 and its costing my dad £2000 as the additional driver.. Probably because preston/bolton = the worst for these damn insurance scams

I was paying around £800 at 19 on a Leon FR stage 1 with 0 ncb and 2 crashes on my record!

Whaaattttt where from? i pay £1800 as an named driver on my dads policy!

Whaaattttt where from? i pay £1800 as an named driver on my dads policy!

Admiral/bell. As a named driver on my dads policy they wanted 4k.

I'm 21 now and my A3 Black Edition 170 S-tronic only costs me £450ish. And that's with 3 pervious accidents.

Admiral/bell. As a named driver on my dads policy they wanted 4k.

I'm 21 now and my A3 Black Edition 170 S-tronic only costs me £450ish. And that's with 3 pervious accidents.

I know who i'm gonna be calling first thing on monday morning! I've got 1 year ncb and no accidents.

Admiral charge more for being named on a parents policy but offer cheap insurance to younger drivers.
I've been with them for 2 years now,

A few cars i've been looking at recently: E90 330i M Sport = £875 for 10 months
E46 BMW M3 Coupe = £1346 for 10 months
Current A3 2.0TDI S-Line = £698 for 10 months

Cheapest was my 2010 Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.4TSI 180ps ....... £428! There is a problem on the database with those being classed as group 4 rather then 14 though....

im 21 with 3years ncb, fully comp on my own policy and its £900 a year with comparethemarkets finest.. from WN4 postcode though

Do you guys get cheaper quotes over the phone? or online?

Comparethemeerkat for me.

RS4 was only £1100 iirc. (then I woke up and realised fueling it on a daily basis wouldn't be fun)

Faaaaak, i just got quoted £3000 on a 2.0T Leon FR. With me as 19 with 2yr's NCB and my dad as a main driver. I hate insurance:3sadwalk:

23years old, 6years no claims, 56plate s3 £1200!! What am i doing wrong? I fiddle about with little factors online with the insurance, been doing it for years. lol. My area must be shocking!!

Im 34 with 9 years ncb and my s3 with all my mods declared,even declared that i have no rear seats and nitrous oxide
Is 600 a year

Adrian flux

I wish i was in the same boat as others on here :(

I used to pay around £2600 as named driver on my diesel sportback and im 20

Now ive got a fleet policy so i pay 995+ vat per car per year wich allows any1 with a license to drive with my permission, so i can look at any car i want now :)

Insurance is mainly dependant on area as well, i live in a red hot area fpr 'crash for cash' scams (WS postcode, wich is west midlands) and it ridiculous. Under 25 are paying like 4000 for 1.0 and i even no of a guy paying 800 for a 1.3 honda civic, and hes been driving for 10+ years with 10+ ncb!

Its pretty ridiculous imo

I've been helping a friend shop around online for a few weeks now, and he keeps getting rediculous quotes. so i tried a Chevrolet matiz 1 litre 5 door, which is supposedly is group 1 so therefore as cheap as he'll get. Using him as the main driver and me and his dad named cos it brings the price down, it still came in at £2600 3rd party! He's just passed and 19 so it's understandably high, but that's just pricing people off the road.

I wish i was in the same boat as others on here :(

I used to pay around £2600 as named driver on my diesel sportback and im 20

Now ive got a fleet policy so i pay 995+ vat per car per year wich allows any1 with a license to drive with my permission, so i can look at any car i want now :)

Insurance is mainly dependant on area as well, i live in a red hot area fpr 'crash for cash' scams (WS postcode, wich is west midlands) and it ridiculous. Under 25 are paying like 4000 for 1.0 and i even no of a guy paying 800 for a 1.3 honda civic, and hes been driving for 10+ years with 10+ ncb!

Its pretty ridiculous imo

With reguards to Fleet insurance, who are you with?

Aviva is the main underwriter, i go through my broker hu does all my insurance for me, obv it has to b on a business and u hav to start with a minimum of 5cars

spotted my first rs3 today in liverpool driving past it was lava grey sooooo beautiful

Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF
I'm on a fleet too, 4 cars (my 2.0 Tdi s line, Jag S type, Merc SLK and a Mitsubishi pick-up) and anyone can drive with permission is just over £2k per year with Aviva but through a dealer... Would hate to think what My A3 would be on a stand alone policy though: before I was on the fleet was told my 1.2 Polo would be £3500 after getting 3 points (admittedly a fair few years ago now though!).

Mine was around 3k but nw ive been wid em for 2yrs nd no claims around 11cars. Small up2 litre cars are about 1000 with obv bigger cars higher (bentley w12 is 3600)

And thats y i luv my fleet policy :D

Only cost us an extra £35 to add our rs3 to our trade policy and a little bit extra for my s3 coming next week....nice and flexible so I can drive any car worth up to £100k :)

Me, at 66-years old and with a clean driving license paid £245 for a 10-year old (8L) S3 (up-rated to 285bhp) last year (ok, so I don't tell everyone everything...), and now £397 for a NEW/UN-MODIFIED 8P RS3.

SOD! The expense, I'm going out with a SMILE!

3-months into RS3 motoring and I with NO regrets. The RS3 is a SUPERB motor car...
ADVICE: last year I was with the AA, I wouldn’t recommend you guys go there if you need to change anything, really!

Have fun and, get an RS3 (every-home should have one...)

Me, at 66-years old and with a clean driving license paid £245 for a 10-year old (8L) S3 (up-rated to 285bhp) last year (ok, so I don't tell everyone everything...), and now £397 for a NEW/UN-MODIFIED 8P RS3.

SOD! The expense, I'm going out with a SMILE! 3-months into RS3 motoring and I with NO regrets. The RS3 is a SUPERB motor car...
ADVICE: last year I was with the AA, I wouldn’t recommend you guys go there if you need to change anything, really!

Have fun and, get an RS3 (every-home should have one...)

LOL, very nice quote that is! I envy the car choice, superb, superb.
I have the S3 and as my first Audi, even first ever German car and boy am i loving it.

I have to laugh at these insurance quotes. Guys stop wingin...........If your under 25 with a performance car then duh.......your gonna get humped for the insurance as you are classed as the highest risk category of driver. Common sense prevails.

I've just had a quote for an RS3.........£385. But then again.....I'm nearly 40, been driving since I was 17, advanced driver for both bikes and cars and no points.

I think that for a 19 yr old with 0 NCB and 2 accidents to be after an S3 is stupidity. I can see your insurance company rubbing their hands together.

yup, i got a quote for an R8 last year out of interest.. £765 was lowest LOL. Age & living in Scotland FTW LOL