RS3 Grill - Where to put number plate?

vidacalavera

Reaction score
I bought an RS3 Style Grill in the sale which I'm fitting next weekend but I can't decide where to put the number plate! I love the look of the full unspoiled RS3 Grill but don't particularly like the corner number plate look. It's a dilemma! I also have steel plates which I love. What do I do?

Type of grill is yours?
Im in the same dilema i think im just going to put a stick on one on, at the moment i have been running around without one ;l

Attachments

• 14716067_1200226150052179_5738997184029218557_n.jpg
    14716067_1200226150052179_5738997184029218557_n.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 937
Type of grill is yours?
Im in the same dilema i think im just going to put a stick on one on, at the moment i have been running around without one ;l
Looks great that mate. I bought a Xenonz one because it was in the sale. Couldn't resist it. It's a gloss black one which should look mean as my cars black. It's really good quality too. I'll have to keep pondering what to do.

In the centre where it is supposed to go - the front end is symmetrical, side plates look stupid.
Ooooh controversial! Lol And this is my dilemma. The Grill looks nice au naturale but I agree with it being symmetrical. I might not bother with a number plate.

Reactions: Scottyg
I've done both, side and center... I kinda liked the way it was on the side, but something felt a bit off as it left the center grill feel too empty:
20151011 075710 20151211 071651

I think it's because the car originally was not designed with a side-mounted plate in mind and it feels like it breaks flow of lines, especially with the front bumper having lines in it that the plate obscured.

It's a personal thing in the end, but I decided to mount the plate back in the center using some of the mounting bits that came with the grill and a piece of 1.5mm aluminium sheet from ebay that I cut to size, then used the double-sided tape to attach the plate:

20151122 134832 20151122 132518

Reactions: vidacalavera
I've done both, side and center... I kinda liked the way it was on the side, but something felt a bit off as it left the center grill feel too empty:
View attachment 108384 View attachment 108383

I think it's because the car originally was not designed with a side-mounted plate in mind and it feels like it breaks flow of lines, especially with the front bumper having lines in it that the plate obscured.

It's a personal thing in the end, but I decided to mount the plate back in the center using some of the mounting bits that came with the grill and a piece of 1.5mm aluminium sheet from ebay that I cut to size, then used the double-sided tape to attach the plate:

View attachment 108385 View attachment 108386
That's really informative that mate! Looks great too! Very helpful. Cheers.

I've done something similar but used Velcro to hold it to the ali plate. with the original Xenonz fittings

Reactions: vidacalavera
I've done something similar but used Velcro to hold it to the ali plate. with the original Xenonz fittings
I use Velcro too after I got a bit too aggressive with the jet wash

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Reactions: LukeJS3
Is it just me or is that plate slightly off centre?

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Reactions: HHS3 and kash_v
Lol it is off centre. It's the Internets, always right.