Facelift RS3 Genuine Secondary Cat Bypass Pipes

Just a quick question lads, those of you that fitted the de cat pipes yourself did you use exhaust paste? If so was it applied to the two joining pipes that the Collier sits over or the inside of the Collier itself? I was speaking to someone in work on this and he reckons that the two pipes will be a bitch to pull apart if applied there. Just want some of your opinions please lads, cheers.

Just a quick question lads, those of you that fitted the de cat pipes yourself did you use exhaust paste? If so was it applied to the two joining pipes that the Collier sits over or the inside of the Collier itself? I was speaking to someone in work on this and he reckons that the two pipes will be a bitch to pull apart if applied there. Just want some of your opinions please lads, cheers.

When I changed them on both previous RS3’s I did the sleeved ends ‘dry’
I did start it up and check they weren’t leaking though.

The only time I had to use Holts sealer was on the Golf R Res Delete pipes.

Reactions: DW81
By the looks of this picture. My car is fitted with secondary cats. 11 and 10

8D3E9316 17D5 4A5F 8B01 4A9DB547D356

Well that’s what the dealer sent me and is my VIN number.

The picture isn’t accurate for uk cars

but there’s about 4 different part numbers Billy.
2 refer to 2nd cats
2 refer to straight pipes

Look under your car you’ll see them.

3ec6c2b676d7e4b120c63c960a99c0a1.jpg

3317de912467fb217f03e621eef55d7d.jpg

Reactions: billymc92
The picture isn’t accurate for uk cars

but there’s about 4 different part numbers Billy.
2 refer to 2nd cats
2 refer to straight pipes

Look under your car you’ll see them.

3ec6c2b676d7e4b120c63c960a99c0a1.jpg

3317de912467fb217f03e621eef55d7d.jpg

I’m offshore at the moment so can’t check. But I’m positive it does have them. I seen the big cats. Just wasn’t sure if it was silencers or the cats. But they definitely were not straight pipes like your images

I’m offshore at the moment so can’t check. But I’m positive it does have them. I seen the big cats. Just wasn’t sure if it was silencers or the cats. But they definitely were not straight pipes like your images

Do you have the sports exhaust or standard exhaust?

That will be a great outcome for anyone without the sports exhaust... nice and easy to change over!

Reactions: billymc92
I'm pretty sure @AudiNutta had a 'standard' exhaust RS3 and confirmed it had no 2nd Cats.
It's back in this thread somewhere......

I’m pretty sure he would have specced sports exahust T800

Just my thoughts on this. Are the back boxes different on the FL model like they are on the PFL? If so would you need more than just the straight bypass pipes to get more sound?

Possibly be hard to find that out unless they are a different shape... as they’ll have different part numbers with them being different colours... I’d guess

No @Leo-RS...... he had a standard exhaust loan car before his arrived. It’s in this very thread a lot of posts back.

Correct, I can confirm both the Sports Exhaust and Standard Exhaust is equipped without the Secondary Cats. The Bypass pipes are there though, it isn’t a different exhaust with a single centre section.

I checked mine today, FL Sportback with Sport/RS exhaust and it does NOT have secondary cats. Car delivered for the NZ market.

Last edited:
Ive got a set of PFL Milltek decat pipes, new, never fitted if anyone wants them let me know.

What’s the difference between the sports exhaust and standard then?

Ok, so I spent about an hour this afternoon fitting the Audi secondary decats. Had a touch as only one of the m8 studs sheared off. New ones are on the decat pipes, ordered two new gaskets but the originals still looked good but fitted them anyway. 6 new copper locking nuts abit of copper grease and bobs your uncle Fanny’s your aunt do to speak:tearsofjoy:
Took it for abit of a test drive no more drone than before as I have the exhaust valves unplugged, pops on downshifting are a lot louder and a lot more of them in one hit. Recommend this mod.

8BD04043 B21E 4DC7 9FF7 89672B370C69

A lot of fun if you ask me

Reactions: D0C, Jefecito and AudiNutta
Yes we did but it got involved in a accident which was the bought back from the insurance

There's a Classified section on here you know.....eh @Sandra :friends:

Reactions: RSTHRILLER, Sandra and AudiNutta
Yeah don't worry we've already had a talk wonder if anyone ahem

This all seems very random to me.....post above makes little sense?

Reactions: RSTHRILLER