Facelift RS3 Genuine Secondary Cat Bypass Pipes

The TTRS didn't have the 'toned' exhaust note when it first came out, not sure about how. That sounds exactly like an RS3 should.
Surely it can't be too difficult to make it sound like the stock exhaust sound of the TTRS that has a very similar set up throughout.. who is going to save the day and give us a sound enhancement

Surely it can't be too difficult to make it sound like the stock exhaust sound of the TTRS that has a very similar set up throughout.. who is going to save the day and give us a sound enhancement

Waiting patiently.... haha.

Just joined the forum after reading this rather interesting thread as i have just brought an RS3 8V PFL and wanted to put some milltek bypass pipes but instead i have gone and ordered thess from audi instead.

Just wondering if anyone has recieved these and fitted them to the PFL without any issues? I was shocked that the price is considerably lower than milltek and scorpion considering this is coming from the stealers!

I have the sports exhaust option but find its slightly on the quiet side, so this should sound just right when installed?

Reactions: KKOG
I have an 8V sedan here in the states and received the Audi secondary cat deletes yesterday. Car is at the shop today having them fitted (among other things). I took a before video and will take another with them fitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mario Reynolds and KKOG
took delivery of the catbypass pipes from audi today, thank you very much!

Attachments

• 1503743287564143416503.jpg
    1503743287564143416503.jpg
    802.2 KB · Views: 724
took delivery of the catbypass pipes from audi today, thank you very much!

What were the parts number for nuts and gasket? Also what wad the total costs shipped?

If I read the thread correctly, below are the part # for the pipe itself correct?
Right: 8S0 254 502 X
Left: 8S0 254 503 X

The decat bypass pipes numbers you want are

8S0 254 502 A
8S0 254 503 A

I can confirm these fit thr PFL as i fitted them today with great sucess!

Gasket and nuts are

W8D0 253 115 C (GASKET)
WN 911 308 01 (NUT)

So order 2 Gaskets and i would order 10 nuts as there are 3 per pipe up front and 2 per sleeve clamp at the rear you could also replace the bolt on the sleeve part aswell but i didnt bother.

Reactions: J_3_f_f
Had these fitted this weekend. Only ordered the two pipes and not the hardware. All hardware was re-used without issue, everything was perfect fitment, took maybe 15 mins to install.

Much angrier sounding now, with a moderate bump in volume. Still perfectly serene in "comfort".

Attachments

• IMG_0410.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    827.3 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 574
  • IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    727 KB · Views: 604
Had these fitted this weekend. Only ordered the two pipes and not the hardware. All hardware was re-used without issue, everything was perfect fitment, took maybe 15 mins to install.

Much angrier sounding now, with a moderate bump in volume. Still perfectly serene in "comfort".

Just need someone to take the resonators out now!

Hello, what about the interior sound? I know that without second cat's we have more outside volumen, but on other fórums someone has reported he has lost some inside noise and also some "Deep tone".

Thanks!

Crank ... open ... windows!

TX.

Always! Can't believe how long I went with just 2 windows down, 4 makes a huge difference!

I am careful where and when I do it though, after the story on here of an acid attack in the theft of an S3....

Hello, what about the interior sound? I know that without second cat's we have more outside volumen, but on other fórums someone has reported he has lost some inside noise and also some "Deep tone".

Thanks!

There was nothing but more and angrier sound across the board (inside and out).

A few pages ago, someone posted that the UK spec RS3's didn't have the secondary cats fitted with the picture below

img_3671-jpg.134275

Does this picture not show the 2 secondary cats there?

The video also of the guy across in the US drilling out the cat shows there is a big restriction in them (Unlike the Mk1 TTRS/RS3's where they were just 'noise supressors') - With the amount of material he drilled out, I wouldn't be surprised if there were noticeable gains in them.

Video here...

A few pages ago, someone posted that the UK spec RS3's didn't have the secondary cats fitted with the picture below

img_3671-jpg.134275

Does this picture not show the 2 secondary cats there?

What you see there are two bullet silencers, but yes look very similar to the Cats. If you look at the very bottom of the photo you can see the backbox. The PFL had these too but these look larger than on the PFL, I think mine will be coming out and I'm hoping somebody will try soon!

What you see there are two bullet silencers, but yes look very similar to the Cats. If you look at the very bottom of the photo you can see the backbox. The PFL had these too but these look larger than on the PFL, I think mine will be coming out and I'm hoping somebody will try soon!

Yes, my mistake, just woke up and looking at the wrong orientation there. However, he didn't post any pictures from the bulkhead end so still not convinced the UK spec cars will not have these secondary cats at the bottom of the downpipes.

The UK market will be as strict as it comes, I'd be very surprised if our cars were high polluters than elsewhere.

Yes, my mistake, just woke up and looking at the wrong orientation there. However, he didn't post any pictures from the bulkhead end so still not convinced the UK spec cars will not have these secondary cats at the bottom of the downpipes.

The UK market will be as strict as it comes, I'd be very surprised if our cars were high polluters than elsewhere.

I am surprised the UK doesnt have it too. But, between the downpipe and the backbox there is one bolted flange and a compression clamp. You can see both in that photo, with no secondary's.

That sounds so angry :hubbahubba:
Wouldn't take long before someone find the real BANGS..

I know for a fact at the moment, some exhaust manufactures facing a lot of troubles getting them approved.

Reactions: SHOTTA GTR
Wouldn't take long before someone find the real BANGS..

I know for a fact at the moment, some exhaust manufactures facing a lot of troubles getting them approved.

Hopefully there will be a solution soon.

I'm absolutely gutted to find out that the pops have been removed 100% on downshifts :'(

I'm absolutely gutted to find out that the pops have been removed 100% on downshifts :'(

it's not just that. the engine note is not as good.
However, with a sports exhaust and cat mods it will surely sound beastly.

There must be some way to get the pops on the downshifts with programming but might it invalidate the warranty ?
It did have them on the upshifts with a different tone. On the test ride I was brutally going from 3rd to 1st and couldn;t get much in the way of a pop. At that point I was not aware it wouldn't do it - thought it was something to do with it only having done 50 miles :)

Reactions: Terminator x and AudiNutta
I'm nearly sure you will need a remap do bring the POP's back.
Definitely! Only thing I am a bit afraid of with injecting fuel with a remap is if it will cause bangs on releasing throttle, which I don't prefer and would feel a bit like a Peugeot 206 boyracer thing (with all respect)..

Still, the new RS5 soundtrack is nothing compared to the RS3. Heard both in flesh and must say, the RS3 with sports exhaust doesn't sound bad at all. The tone feels more refined and deeper but still has that raw touch to it, even some deep crackles on downshifts which surprised me a bit. Funny was a guy who was loading his truck. From hearing the sound he was searching for a sports-car and looked surprised when a A3 showed up, that expression on his face with the laugh after was priceless.

Can't wait to receive mine!

Reactions: Terminator x
That sound clip of no downpipes or secondaries sounds superb. Not even tuned and they are talking about 35-40hp alone from these.

They are saying that this new facelift car is exceeding already high expectations.

This new engine and turbo setup is going to be amazing i think. When tuners are already getting excited about it, you know it's going to be special. That along with the video of the facelift destroying the PFL in a drag, ooft, can't wait now.

listening to the videos, I'm 100% sure holland have these fitted on! I always wondered why people complained about the sound, since it sounds excellent, but hearing that some countries don't have the pipes installed it makes a lot more sense.

Contacted Milltek some days ago about their system for the RS3 limousine, hearing from them soon.

That sound clip of no downpipes or secondaries sounds superb. Not even tuned and they are talking about 35-40hp alone from these.

They are saying that this new facelift car is exceeding already high expectations.

This new engine and turbo setup is going to be amazing i think. When tuners are already getting excited about it, you know it's going to be special. That along with the video of the facelift destroying the PFL in a drag, ooft, can't wait now.
Although in the quarter mile run the FL is no faster. Go figure.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Although in the quarter mile run the FL is no faster. Go figure.

TX.

Here's a car with only 100 miles on the clock...

IMG 8373

Consistent 11.8.

Don't think the PFL car is anywhere near there? 12.2 if memory serves me correct?

I did see the video you refer too though with the 12.2 run? But this wasn't on a 1/4m track and conditions weren't great, looked damp.

I guess it's a case of wait and see, too early to make any real judgement on performance differences (if any) - Early signs though looking good.

Reactions: EdmundVR4 and Callum66
I'm certainly lol'ing at all the "look how wonderful it is" posts.

TX.

I'm certainly lol'ing at all the "look how wonderful it is" posts.

TX.

I know, right?!! Why aren't these tuners consulting you before getting excited about the results they're seeing. You know already, after all. God, what a bunch of ******* idiots.

Wow you are proper loopy fella.

TX.