RS3 Gearbox issue

Audis32015

Reaction score
hi Guys

Have a 2015 RS3 and I have noticed the gearbox/clutch is acting weird. When I’m pulling away it’s very hesitant and feel the power is not going with what I am applying.

It’s very weird and feels jerky .... anybody relate to this ?

Thanks

hi Guys

Have a 2015 RS3 and I have noticed the gearbox/clutch is acting weird. When I’m pulling away it’s very hesitant and feel the power is not going with what I am applying.

It’s very weird and feels jerky .... anybody relate to this ?

Thanks
Keep an eye on traction control. It's super sensitive and overreactive imo.

Put it in TC sport more and see how it feels.

I’ve noticed the Traction control can flash on the dash sometimes even just going over speed bumps !

I’ve noticed the Traction control can flash on the dash sometimes even just going over speed bumps !
On my car it does it in 3rd at 40km/hr in a quiet smooth street!

Tc Sport mode always if you wanna have fun.

Also makes non launch control take off from the lights far better.

Have you just got the car or has this just started recently? How many miles on the clock?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Close to a year - still under Warrenty so getting it into Audi but just wanted to get some advice from people who have the same issue.

Mileage is circa 29k

Thanks

Close to a year - still under Warrenty so getting it into Audi but just wanted to get some advice from people who have the same issue.

Mileage is circa 29k

Thanks
Good plan, they can be a little notchy when cold, particularly the first and second gears, when warm all should be OK.

Yeah that’s what I thought it was but even after long journeys it’s the same!

Will see what Audi come back with

Yeah that’s what I thought it was but even after long journeys it’s the same!

Will see what Audi come back with
Sometimes a relearn is all that is required, but I have heard of a few gearboxes that needed replacing as well.

Last edited:
Yeah I think they will go through every option possible before they replace but with Audi you just need to keep pushing until they finally fix it

Reactions: Arcam
Update

Switching off start stop resolved this issue and the car is as smooth as ever now .... ?

Any thoughts

Probably Audi’s software could resolve this or someone on here that is s very good with vcds perhaps.

Probably Audi’s software could resolve this or someone on here that is s very good with vcds perhaps.

My S/S is turned off permanent.

Can’t stand it.

Reactions: Ozmosis, DW81 and Rob2k68
Yep should disable mine Sean with my obdeleven tool. Have that moment when your in traffic and it cuts out, heart in mouth time.