Facelift RS3 FL Depreciation

Audi sold 1.8 million cars last year, I don’t think they need any advice on how to sell cars... But if you think you know better set up your own company and show them how it’s done.

And if I had to pick between a salesman that had a personality and a salesman that memorised a brochure I’d take the one with the personality.

I’m not after a salesman that has memorised the brochure , one that has even read one even once would be nice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spinstorm
Not what Audi UK and the dealer were telling me last week when they had to find one for me - the talk was very much of dealer allocations.
That’s what the dealer thought. Because AUK didn’t give anyone any allocations this quarter, so everyone assumed production had stopped. So everyone started sourcing cars from other dealers and cars already built. But actually they have removed allocations and there’s no restriction on how many you can order now. Just like a normal a3.

I can give you plenty examples of large companies that have gone bust over the years when they should of supposedly known what they were doing!

They certainly can but I don’t think a company making nearly €5 Billion a year profit is run by people that “don't know what they are doing.” I wish I could make that much without having a clue what I’m doing.

It's got to worth mentioning that the actual point of a 3 year pcp deal is that you keep the car for 3 years. Too many people see it as a way of getting a better car for the preferred monthlies. They want to trade way before and are shocked at the px values (which are completely separate from gmfv's).

Reactions: D0C
They certainly can but I don’t think a company making nearly €5 Billion a year profit is run by people that “don't know what they are doing.” I wish I could make that much without having a clue what I’m doing.
RBS 2007 profit of 10.3 bill stg , 18 months later a loss of 28 bill . An example of a public co that made over 5 bill a year that didn’t know what it was doing . Their are other examples .

RBS 2007 profit of 10.3 bill stg , 18 months later a loss of 28 bill . An example of a public co that made over 5 bill a year that didn’t know what it was doing . Their are other examples .

A bank isn’t even remotely similar to a car company so that’s a nonsense comparison. One produces physical products the other doesn’t.

But if you can run a company better than the people at Audi do it, I’m sure they’d welcome the competition.

That’s what the dealer thought. Because AUK didn’t give anyone any allocations this quarter, so everyone assumed production had stopped. So everyone started sourcing cars from other dealers and cars already built. But actually they have removed allocations and there’s no restriction on how many you can order now. Just like a normal a3.
No - that came from Audi UK and their Car Change Team. Anyway, who knows - time will tell.

A bank isn’t even remotely similar to a car company so that’s a nonsense comparison. One produces physical products the other doesn’t.

But if you can run a company better than the people at Audi do it, I’m sure they’d welcome the competition.
Not remotely similar ? So Audi dosent or the dealer doesn’t offer you finance secured against an asset to make money out of financing ?

I think it's more an example of bad management and how at the time it can seem a great way to run a business but with hindsight... Like Audi thinking it makes good business sense to scrimp on unpainted hubs that rust, or paint that flakes, or rattling exhausts so as to save money, when in reality it's probably going to mean people don't consider an Audi as their next car in three years time.

A good example would be Merc. Great reputation spanning back to time immemorial, ruined in the 90's with poor quality cars. People buying them at the time probably thought "ah, but Merc makes great cars, everyone knows that". It then took Merc 10-15 years to rebuild their reputation.

That produce physical products that the majority can not afford out right . Solution . Structure a finance product that makes them affordable, package that up at the dealer . What could possibly go wrong .

Not remotely similar ? So Audi dosent or the dealer doesn’t offer you finance secured against an asset to make money out of financing ?

If you genuinely think a bank’s business model is similar to a car manufacturer’s then this is a pointless conversation.

If you genuinely think a bank’s business model is similar to a car manufacturer’s then this is a pointless conversation.

You stated a co that made 5 bill must be doing something right . I gave an example of a co that made 5 bill then failed . It wasn’t a car co . I could have have given you General Motors but I can’t recall the numbers , that at one stage was the largest auto manufacturer and profitable , it went bankrupt . And yes I do think the business models are similar . In the old days you went to the bank to get a car loan . Where do you go now . Your Audi dealership . I understand that the underwriter to that loan can be a third party but you don’t see the similarities.
Without the packaged financing car sales would not be where they are .
But hey I don’t want to fall out ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way I see it is that the cars themselves are great - we are buying the products.

The idiots we deal with are a case of not having a choice...
(in fact one of the reasons why Carwow etc are doing so well is because car dealers are useless and charge too much - we shouldn’t need a website to get a discount).

Now imagine you went into the dealer and they loved the cars and understood them and they knew the specs... for me this isn’t a big deal. If you do a job you love you should know everything you can because you love it.

So it comes back to the fact that either Audi hire idiots or the management are collective fools that are successful in spite of themselves.

It is also worth considering that none of the dealers are actually Audi - they just sell them. I have hope that if you went to the factory and met someone there it would be different *but I could be wrong*

Reactions: ChrisRS3 and Jonny B
The way I see it is that the cars themselves are great - we are buying the products.

The idiots we deal with are a case of not having a choice...
(in fact one of the reasons why Carwow etc are doing so well is because car dealers are useless and charge too much - we shouldn’t need a website to get a discount).

Now imagine you went into the dealer and they loved the cars and understood them and they knew the specs... for me this isn’t a big deal. If you do a job you love you should know everything you can because you love it.

So it comes back to the fact that either Audi hire idiots or the management are collective fools that are successful in spite of themselves.

It is also worth considering that none of the dealers are actually Audi - they just sell them. I have hope that if you went to the factory and met someone there it would be different *but I could be wrong*

Doesn't stop you buying car after car though, so your contradicting yourself..... It's only a frickin car nowt else

Reactions: dno_uk
Doesn't stop you buying car after car though, so your contradicting yourself..... It's only a frickin car nowt else

What I am saying is if they actually knew what they were doing. If the technicians thought like an independent mechanic then the service in every way would be better and they would get MORE sales and we would actually recommend people buy Audi.

I think we are (taking a general feel of the forum here) not likely to recommend an Audi to anyone currently.

And the people who are sitting on the fence who would buy Audi if they gave a better service.

Even with all of the issues I have had I would certainly recommend someone to buy one of these cars - stand back from the fairly minor issues and these cars are just great. Rip it down the street and the place comes to a standstill while everyone turns around to see what the f**k is going on - love it.

Since being in the platform I have lost count of the number of people who come up to you (or stop by you and crank the window) to talk about the car.

M3/M4 cars are everywhere, Porsche - everywhere - I have seen 1 FL RS3 on the road (last week on the M25 at J25 giving it beans) and, in that time, 20+ Lambos, 15+ Ferrari - I have even seen 1 Chiron.

Don't get bogged down in fairly minor negatives and take an overall view - this car is the best laugh I have had in years.

Reactions: infernox, Callump01, DW81 and 2 others
Even with all of the issues I have had I would certainly recommend someone to buy one of these cars - stand back from the fairly minor issues and these cars are just great. Rip it down the street and the place comes to a standstill while everyone turns around to see what the f**k is going on - love it.

Since being in the platform I have lost count of the number of people who come up to you (or stop by you and crank the window) to talk about the car.

M3/M4 cars are everywhere, Porsche - everywhere - I have seen 1 FL RS3 on the road (last week on the M25 at J25 giving it beans) and, in that time, 20+ Lambos, 15+ Ferrari - I have even seen 1 Chiron.

Don't get bogged down in fairly minor negatives and take an overall view - this car is the best laugh I have had in years.
Says the unbiased RS3 owner

I had an M3 - nice car but no headturner. Its the racket these cars make that really sets them apart - it is a total sleeper until you dump it into dynamic and give it a few beans.

I had an M3 - nice car but no headturner. Its the racket these cars make that really sets them apart - it is a total sleeper until you dump it into dynamic and give it a few beans.

Strange but l think the sound of the M3/4 CP is better than the RS3, The original M3 yeah the RS3 does sound better and as a daily driver the RS3 is a far better car, aesthetically wise the M3 looks better basically 2 different beasts

Talking about sound I would love to hear an RS3 from outside the car. Last night I had a C63S in front of me and it sounded epically loud. And it was probably louder than my car... but I wasn’t sure. Because as we all know the FL RS3 is very well insulated and even with windows open I don’t truly know how it sounds from outside.

When my car went into the detailers, I jumped out while him pulled it into the garage and when he started it up it was a good bit louder than I expected... I was shocked to be fair :icon thumright:

Reactions: DW81
I think the time of year matters too. I remember I checked the value of my S3 in Jan this year and being disappointed how much it's fallen. Pretty much decided then that it'd be best to just run the contract out as the GFV would be the best value I'd get, then time a new RS3 with the end of the S3 contract. Checking now though, the P/X value etc have gone up since Jan. Used S3's on autotrader are also higher priced than I remember. RS3 FL's in my opinion just don't have the demand Audi expected with the price hike/reduced exhaust noise not helping.