RS3 FL Brakes

David-RS3

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I just purchased an RS3 2017 and it has 44.000 km and still the original brake discs and pads. I have noticed that the brakes start to make a lot of noise and vibration when I brake from high speeds. I have been reading the forum for about 3 days but I am not sure what is the best option for fast and daily driving. I would like to keep the sensor so I would know when the pads will be worn out, also which brake discs do you suggest?

I was looking at brembo's website for the OEM discs and the DS2500 pads but, I noticed the DS pads does not have worn sensor.

Thanks for your help!

I'm thinking of having my front pads done this week when I go from stage 1.5 to stage 2. The front discs are good so after reading round, particularly on FB, I think will go EBC Blue Stuff to keep the wear indicators. Might be slightly more dust with EBC but had them on other cars and they were fine.

When discs are due I'll probably go Revo (made by Alcon I think).

Hope that helps

Hello!

Thanks for your reply.
I have heard that Revo dis s do not fit the facelifted model is that true?

Thanks!

Yes, I was looking at those but as I read somewhere on the forum, that some owners who had FL models had problems fitting those to RS3...

Mines has also started making a drone on the first application of the brakes. My old RS didn’t do this. what could it be? pads look healthy enough.

Reyland and DBA pads.

Given time to bed in (1000 miles) they were superb…….

d871e998ba6e4750ca8f103751847861.jpg

eb5019fc5da9b70f1024690070f75736.jpg

beb2df43a55fd937163326c282232bed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Count Drunkula
Thanks for your answer. Is it possible to get the Reyland’s anywhere inside the EU?

Thanks

Thanks, I will do that.
Is there any other option besides Reylands and DBA?

Great, please report back. :)
I ran DS2500 Ferodo on my first set of Reylands, they are great however i found the braking performance dropped off after the pads wore halfway..........good pads though.

Did the DBA pads have wear sensors and did you have to order 2 sets ?

Seen some pads advertised as a set of 4 and others as a set of 8

Did the DBA pads have wear sensors and did you have to order 2 sets ?

Seen some pads advertised as a set of 4 and others as a set of 8

Yes they come with wear sensors front and back.

They came as a set of 8 pads.

83d5965af6d612de8fedf2d6b4820037.jpg

Don’t expect fantastic braking for a 1000 miles at least, they take a lot longer to bed in properly.
I thought they were rubbish at first, but I persevered with them after a chat with a DBA dealer.

Reactions: Count Drunkula
I'm sure I read a while back DBA use Hawk as their supplier , wonder if they have other pad compounds with a wider working range

Last edited:
I'm sure I read a while back DBA use Hawk as their supplier , wonder if they have other pad compounds with a wider working range

Yes I believe the 2 are connected.

There is another pad the green ‘street’ one.