RS3 FL Another Downpipe..

Spencer589

Reaction score
I'm looking to change my downpipe on my RS3 FL (DAZA) before booking in at MRC. I'm currently using the Scorpion dp with the stage 2 off the shelf map I've got. The reason I'm swapping is because I want a custom stage 2 map and I've seen on here in another thread that someone who went to MRC had a Scorpion dp and had dyno comparisons between the Scorpion dp and the Milltek dp. The Scorpion ended up having 7ps more right at the top of the rev range but significantly lower power at the bottom (40ps and 70nm less below 4000rpm) I can feel the lack of torque lower revs which is why I want to change it. But before going off and buying the Milltek dp the Intergrated Engineering dp has caught my eye. https://www.mlperformance.co.uk/pro...-5-tfsi-performance-downpipe-8v-5-rs3-8s-ttrs
It's mostly cast which is supposedly hides a lot of the wastegate rattle and looks like it has a smooth flow and the hi-flow cat and de-cat can easily be swapped about. Is anyone running this or can cast any light on how it performs? Cheers

The fastest stage 2 RS3 on the RS3 dragy leader board for 100-200 has a Scorpion downpipe. I've also got the Scorpion downpipe with the same stage 2 map. The map removes the cold start cycle so no wastegate rattle at all. Both cars are FL DAZA. I don't worry about dyno figures, it's how quick the car is on the road that matters to me.

The fastest stage 2 RS3 on the RS3 dragy leader board for 100-200 has a Scorpion downpipe. I've also got the Scorpion downpipe with the same stage 2 map. The map removes the cold start cycle so no wastegate rattle at all. Both cars are FL DAZA. I don't worry about dyno figures, it's how quick the car is on the road that matters to me.
Don't get me wrong it's quick but there's more turbo lag since I went stage 2 in the lower revs with the Scorpion dp because turbo spool is slower to get going with the downpipe having a 4" diameter. From my research the Scorpion downpipe is much better suited for stage 3.

Don't get me wrong it's quick but there's more turbo lag since I went stage 2 in the lower revs with the Scorpion dp because turbo spool is slower to get going with the downpipe having a 4" diameter. From my research the Scorpion downpipe is much better suited for stage 3.
While i somewhat agree with this, it is odd behaviour considering the scorpion downstream looks pretty damn restrictive when it splits into two. Some of the attributed lag will be good mapping, these engines make a **** load of torque very early and if that is not drawn out a bit/delayed you will have an unhappy set of rods/engine..

Reactions: P.J.
Sorry I can't help you with this. I think it is something to do with your mapping. Mine is custom mapped at stage 2 by Ecotune and the torque comes in hard and fast from below 2k and holds strong until about 5.2/5.3k. Ecotune told me the scorpion downpipe was very effective even with a sports cat in and nothing else would be better. Where mine car could be improved (based on comprehensive logging on the dyno and on the road) is with a better aftermarket intercooler than the one I have fitted at present - and that is something I am considering at present.

Hope you get yours sorted

Sorry I can't help you with this. I think it is something to do with your mapping. Mine is custom mapped at stage 2 by Ecotune and the torque comes in hard and fast from below 2k and holds strong until about 5.2/5.3k. Ecotune told me the scorpion downpipe was very effective even with a sports cat in and nothing else would be better. Where mine car could be improved (based on comprehensive logging on the dyno and on the road) is with a better aftermarket intercooler than the one I have fitted at present - and that is something I am considering at present.

Hope you get yours sorted
Mines Revo but I'm gonna go to MRC soon.