Facelift RS3 Facelift - Cat Eliminator

pleinx

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

somebody using a "cat eliminator" which works safe to let the engine lights off if you mount a downpipe without cat?

There are many on the market, but i found no really good infos whether works on RS3 FL without cat.

many thanks

I have used 42 drat design o2 sensor on my decat Golf Clubsport, and it's working fine. However, not sure if it would do the same for RS3, as I can't find any reviews.

This one? http://www.42draftdesigns.com/o2-sensor-spacer
Looks really great.

Idk but has the GTI Clubsport also only the Cat inside the Downpipe? Or pre-cat with bottom cats?
Im not sure isset engough just to have this space and 45deg piece without any mini filter?

Im from germany and here is still the same.. found no "real" persons where gives reviews. Just "other friends" saying it workz ;-)

Hmm, it's worth a try i think. But im waiting a little bit, maybe somebody used already one.
How long do you drive with this 42draftdesign spacer?

Nice. I have written the manufacturer, he said he didnt test it but sees no reason why it should not work.

Great. I will purchase one in preparation for BCS dp, and report back once installed.

Sounds good :)
I will maybe also order someone but waiting for offer with shipping to germany.

You will drive again catless in your sedan rs3 with the BCS DP? You know already when you will test it?

It is catted 100 cell dp to avoid the waste gate low rpm noises. The dp should arrive after one month.

Nice. 100 cells inside DP or as bottom module? (like pre facelift)
This you will drive with stock engine software, right?

100 cell on the main primary dp. secondary dp is already catless.
I plan to go with MRC stage 2.

Ah okay. Thats no comparing to mine downpipe (catless). Comparing to see is the o2 sensor spacer working or not i mean.
But if you already plan stage2, you can fix the o2 sensor issue directly in software. Or you want first to test it with oem software?

I plan to go with stage 2 tune end of this year, so in the meantime it will be with stock software.

Reactions: pleinx
Alright.
For me is the same. Have actually two ways to go...

1. OEM remap, Catless DP with Eliminator/Spacer, 3.5 inch exhaust, APR Inlet + Intake
2. top + 500ps/650nm remap, intercooler from HPerformance or Wagner Tuning Comp. 3

First way is nice to obtain the audi warrenty (have the 5-years package 100.000 km). But yeah.. i like more power :D

You can still go with the first option, and go with a good piggyback like the JB4 for some added power and still maintain warranty.

What is JB4? Like a Performance Box?
I consider not really much by performance boxes... Warranty will also ending because audi records all datasets on min/max output.

e.g. torque. Audi can see idk you drive mostly with 600 torque++ and yeah. its over with warranty :D

I say the first option would be create for this year or maybe also next year. And then i can see the car works still fine or i have a roguecar.

Last edited:
Yes, JB4 is a performance tuning box. One of the best I tested by far.
I have it installed on my Audi S3, Golf R and Clubsport, and just remove it before taking the cars to dealer. It has never been detected as it does not leave any trace in the main ICU.

Reactions: pleinx
I will keep it in mind. It sounds not bad. Currently i have on my cars take distance to performance boxes, just used live mapping while driving with the tuner itself.

Give me please feedback if you are test this o2 sensor spacer.

So, maybe we found another guy which is using a simulator :)