RS3 Face lift coming in November

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys, instead of loosing time writing in this thread you all should drive your RS3

:racer:

Reactions: RGBARGEE
So .. They close the inglesadt production line for 3 weeks or so to tool up for the new product improvement facelift my17 new look more expensive less discount will they or won't they when's it coming A3/s3 , The bit that I don't get , is where are they going to make the preface lift RS3 until next year , move the tools to a Skoda factory ? Make a couple of dozen and leave them in a yard ? Stop production altogether for a few months ?

So .. They close the inglesadt production line for 3 weeks or so to tool up for the new product improvement facelift my17 new look more expensive less discount will they or won't they when's it coming A3/s3 , The bit that I don't get , is where are they going to make the preface lift RS3 until next year , move the tools to a Skoda factory ? Make a couple of dozen and leave them in a yard ? Stop production altogether for a few months ?

The RS3 will get any MY17 updates at the same time as its on the same production line.

Isn't the RS3 already made in a former Skoda plant. Some seem to think that they will produce base model A3s first and not produce any RS3s for a while. I understand that the top end highly specced models are much more profitable so I can't see them losing out on that. Presumably the RS bits will all be from existing models tweaked a little to fit (eg virtual dashboard from TT) and will be available for the production line. Any power hike is not likely to involve major engineerIng. My guess is that RS3s will be available in some markets by the Autumn (no evidence, but then there doesn't seem to be anything in either direction other than their apparently stopping taking orders except for existing build slots).

More than likely there will be a gap in RS3 production. I think they will be more interested in mass manufacture of the cheaper models first purely down to the higher demand, hence a gap in RS3 production. The RS3 is made in Ingolstadt on the same line as the A3/S3.

Factory will shut for a few weeks while retooled, they will probably start with 3 door lines of A3, then 5 door A3, then 3 and 5 door S3 then then the RS3. Also, when it comes to RS3 production, will they start with the rumoured Sedan or the Sportback? Or both? I think anyone hoping to see a facelift RS3 this year is going to be disappointed. Remember how long it took for the new RS4 to be produced? RS models are never given priority.

I also think Audi will want to repeat the order success of the current model which resulted in zero or minimal discounts and long waiting lists.

A natural break in production could see this happen again.

So tend to agree that A3 and S3 will happen first followed by RS3 several months later.

I also think Audi will want to repeat the order success of the current model which resulted in zero or minimal discounts and long waiting lists.

A natural break in production could see this happen again.

So tend to agree that A3 and S3 will happen first followed by RS3 several months later.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what will happen.(Just posted similar post on the other facelift thread too) I'm in Germany, and one of the biggest car magazines here said yesterday that the RS3 facelift will be launched in the autumn with a small power boost (for what it's worth, my guess is 20 or 30 more than now, just enough to equal or slightly exceed the Merc A45 AMG), and the same new options as mentioned in the launch of the A3/S3. Knowing Audi, I guess that means you will be able to order in October-ish, and the first deliveries will happen in early 2017. I've got a delivery date of June or July on the the RS3 I ordered in December, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit p'd off that it's going to be out of date almost as soon as I take delivery. But I guess its unavoidable these days, especially with Audi. Then again, 20 or 30 PS more isn't that big a deal, and I'm not massively bothered about the virtual cockpit malarkey either. The interior on the RS3 I've ordered will still be a big step up from the used 2009 TTRS I had before. Speaking of which, exactly the same thing happened a few months after I bought that car and they brought the TTRS Plus out. Audi keep seeing me coming :) Somehow it's even more annoying when you're buying new though. Still the chances of me coming across an RS3 facelift on the street aren't that great. I think I only ever saw a TTRS Plus twice before I sold mine....

Reactions: Buzz73 and Snake Pliskin
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what will happen.(Just posted similar post on the other facelift thread too) I'm in Germany, and one of the biggest car magazines here said yesterday that the RS3 facelift will be launched in the autumn with a small power boost (for what it's worth, my guess is 20 or 30 more than now, just enough to equal or slightly exceed the Merc A45 AMG), and the same new options as mentioned in the launch of the A3/S3. Knowing Audi, I guess that means you will be able to order in October-ish, and the first deliveries will happen in early 2017. I've got a delivery date of June or July on the the RS3 I ordered in December, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit p'd off that it's going to be out of date almost as soon as I take delivery. But I guess its unavoidable these days, especially with Audi. Then again, 20 or 30 PS more isn't that big a deal, and I'm not massively bothered about the virtual cockpit malarkey either. The interior on the RS3 I've ordered will still be a big step up from the used 2009 TTRS I had before. Speaking of which, exactly the same thing happened a few months after I bought that car and they brought the TTRS Plus out. Audi keep seeing me coming :) Somehow it's even more annoying when you're buying new though. Still the chances of me coming across an RS3 facelift on the street aren't that great. I think I only ever saw a TTRS Plus twice before I sold mine....

Yeah I'm sure there is a bit of you thinking about the face lift ... but with no official news on an RS3 facelift, like you say wait and it could be early into next year ... for a few minor tweaks.

You will NOT be disappointed with the current car and believe me it is PLENTY fast enough ... I'm having to really watch my speed with this car, it reaches 70mph in no time ! Go to overtake a car, plant the gas pedal and you can be doing insane speeds extremely quickly ... so more power is not required lol :)

That said I am sure they will up the bhp just to trump the Merc, for bragging rights.

You will love this car though and any thoughts of the face lift will evaporate as soon as you take delivery ... just enjoy it for what it is ... as I am and best car I've ever had.

Likely the facelift will have a price hike and with likely waiting lists initially there will be zero or near zero discounts.

Current model & face lift will both be great in their own right .... I really like them both. Virtual cockpit is nice but far from essential.
Got it in our TT and its impressive but quite complex too. Plus I still like analogue dials too, so enjoy them while you can.

Just look forward to your incoming RS mate.
You have lots of enjoyment to come !!!!

Reactions: 45bvtc, Eigdoog, B19 and 1 other person
Hi Snake
I've been bit down after seeing s3 with new bumpers and fresh look lights etc, my car build date is 18/4/16, my profile photo is past s3 and demo I had for 2 days, best car I've ever driven...I would think facelift would be 1 year away before it was in your drive, this is spec of my car and found it hard to pick colour tho....

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Mine was build date on 4th April mate and I'm over all this facelift thing now. It will be a long time before we see the facelift RS I'm sure! Mine is on the train now :)

Reactions: 45bvtc and Snake Pliskin
So from build date to you picking up from dealer what's time scale, I'm just thinking when mine will be here...

Just hope it comes forward abit and here mid May....

Just hope it comes forward abit and here mid May....
They seem to be really rattling through them at the moment, probably due to wanting to clear the lines for the facelift. Keep an eye on the tracker a couple of days before your build date and you should see it go through the panel and paint shop before your date. Mine was on the train in 3 days!

They seem to be really rattling through them at the moment, probably due to wanting to clear the lines for the facelift. Keep an eye on the tracker a couple of days before your build date and you should see it go through the panel and paint shop before your date. Mine was on the train in 3 days!
That sounds great, I see people posting codes of stage but I can't find them on my tracker

Anyone heard anything more about the RS3 facelift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone heard anything more about the RS3 facelift?

Yeh. In the shops as of today. Nip down to Asda and pick one up.:wtf:

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, AudiNutta and 45bvtc
FACELIFTS, tsk...

Seriously evaluating an 2011 TTRS ragtop yesterday (been looking for one for some time) thinking of garaging a TTRS ragtop alongside our 'original' RS3 but this one have been heavily mapped so we'll be hanging on to our TT Sport ragtop for the time being: but in this beastie neither me nor RS3copilot :blink: could keep the 'blinding' traction control warning light off the display - and that in the bl**dy dry with 20-inch wheels and Dunlop rubber... The torque-steer was very much MG Montego like... But the it was 12mpg
:racer: overall post-assessment that made us think maybe not so we thought better of it; but did have a 300-mile round trip and an excellent pub lunch at the Masons Arms in Hopperton :yahoo:

FACELIFTs: Have to say that while exploring its motive attributes I gave it not one thought to its outward appearance, facelifted or not:

Redline TTRS 1

In the Ibis white, for us, looked more like a domestic appliance on wheels, but it went rather well... :whistle2:

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
No orders being taken other than for stock, probably clearing all current customer orders so there is a defined cut off between variants.

Doesn't mean you wouldn't be able to get a stock order reassigned though I assume.

Personally, my opinion is that we won't see any facelift RS3's delivered until late 2016 quite possibly 2017 as I would imagine the facelift A3 and S3 orders will take priority, being much more common.

Was told by Audi UK to expect subtle differences across the range but nothing has been confirmed on the RS yet.

I call BS on the no confirmation yet though. Audi gmbh will definitely know the road map, however it will be secret until all current orders are committed!

I wonder why Audi have decided not to provide details of the RS3 facelift.

They announced the RS6 at the same time as the A6 facelift so why is this different???

Aren't they developing a new alimuminium block for the engine which is rumoured to be for the TT RS and the RS3, perhaps it isn't ready yet.

Aren't they developing a new alimuminium block for the engine which is rumoured to be for the TT RS and the RS3, perhaps it isn't ready yet.

Yeah I have heard about that block but they didn't change the RS6 much when it got the facelift and after all this is only an update and not a new car.

I just find it strange why theses no announcement. Unless they will announce something very soon....

Been told by my sales man, who has never given me any duff info before, that RS3 order books will reopen two months after A3/S3 FL does, so if that is May you are looking at end of July beginning of August for taking order again. He also confirmed that the saloon will be UK bound but wasn't sure if that would be straight away with the SB in August, or a little later as they are built at a different factory to the Hatch and SB models. Said he would keep me in the loop. Take from that what you will or won't. TTRS announcement will/might likely be before RS3 order books reopen, maybe.

Reactions: seventeenapg and AudiNutta
Been told by my sales man, who has never given me any duff info before, that RS3 order books will reopen two months after A3/S3 FL does, so if that is May you are looking at end of July beginning of August for taking order again. He also confirmed that the saloon will be UK bound but wasn't sure if that would be straight away with the SB in August, or a little later as they are built at a different factory to the Hatch and SB models. Said he would keep me in the loop. Take from that what you will or won't. TTRS announcement will/might likely be before RS3 order books reopen, maybe.

That sounds about right then once they get the A3/S3 going then they will take orders for the RS3. So from that I'm guessing the first facelift model will arrive around Jan 2017?

I wonder why Audi have decided not to provide details of the RS3 facelift.

Maybe because it's NOT important to them... :whistle2:

AUDI already know they'll sell as many as they can build whatever the current and/or post problems because the package - whatever it looks like, or will look like - is so bl**dy superb; that 5-pot engine and 7-speed gearbox is just so amazing that most really don't care what it's gonna look like...:racer:

Reactions: Radman
Beijing Motor show kicks off on the 25th of April and rumours are that the TT RS will be unveiled then (as it was seen testing in Spain with the new R8 Spider which has since been announced, so makes sense)...

Well I've missed out another pre facelift car. So ****** it. I'm going to wait and order FL, waiting lists and no discount and all. Peeved off.

Still no mention about if the saloon will come to the uk but I'm guessing it will.

I think my RS3 facelift may look more like an SQ5, I'm warming to it...

Well I've missed out another pre facelift car. So ****** it. I'm going to wait and order FL, waiting lists and no discount and all. Peeved off.

How have you missed out?

Wa
How have you missed out?
Was told by the dealer that a car that they had in the system was available to re spec. Asked if I could put down a holding deposit but he said not required. Another dealership in the group sold it....I'm just gonna wait. It must be my destiny to have a facelift.

Status
Not open for further replies.