RS3 DSG Remap

Spencer589

Reaction score
Anyone tried the Racing Line DSG software on the RS3 FL? I had been looking at the TVS DSG software but this looked interesting. https://www.racingline.com/tcu-dq500 if anyone's got any other recommendations it's much appreciated. I'm currently running Revo stage 2 but I don't think they're bothering with DSG software for the RS3.

Anyone tried the Racing Line DSG software on the RS3 FL? I had been looking at the TVS DSG software but this looked interesting. https://www.racingline.com/tcu-dq500 if anyone's got any other recommendations it's much appreciated. I'm currently running Revo stage 2 but I don't think they're bothering with DSG software for the RS3.

TVS Stage 2+ here, suits the Dyno spectrum custom file I’m running (550 / 700) perfectly.

Flashed it myself so not the cheapest option, but meant I could do it during the 1st lockdown.

Peron in Barnsley are the main UK agents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Spencer589

From memory they’ll only supply the dsg software with one of their ecu maps. I enquired about this when I went revo stage 1.

TVS seems to be the general way to go.

Their website says it's compatible with any ECU software but I'm leaning towards TVS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210724_181553_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210724_181553_com.android.chrome.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 98
Fair dos, all I can think is their website is out of date, maybe it doesn’t apply to the rs3 or the dealer gave me duff info lol.

Would be interested to see what your local dealer says.

The oem+ software was attractive due to the lower price and that it’s one flash, you don’t need to go back for stage 1,2,3 etc

Racingline's rep is solid. I like the idea of "set and forget" TCU tune without constantly having to re-map it.
It'd be nice to have configurable shift points, the 30mph 2nd/3rd shift point in 'S' is super annoying.

Reactions: seventeenapg and Spencer589
Racingline's rep is solid. I like the idea of "set and forget" TCU tune without constantly having to re-map it.
It'd be nice to have configurable shift points, the 30mph 2nd/3rd shift point in 'S' is super annoying.
It's the one map that got me interested Revo have since told me on youtube they're looking into dsg software for the RS3. Might wait and see what they come up with, might be cheaper already having their stage 2 software?

Reactions: Dan_DJT
3 years later..
Had the TVS stage 2+ dsg software installed today at Peron Automotive. They did tell me it would take bit over 100 miles to adapt, but just from the drive back down I can tell it's improved the car massively. It's smoother and the shift points are where they should of been from factory. Don't know why but it's cooling better as well, just need to get a good run out and test them quicker manual shifts now. Really wish I'd just gone to them sooner.

Reactions: flybynite and 8YARWY
3 years later..
Had the TVS stage 2+ dsg software installed today at Peron Automotive. They did tell me it would take bit over 100 miles to adapt, but just from the drive back down I can tell it's improved the car massively. It's smoother and the shift points are where they should of been from factory. Don't know why but it's cooling better as well, just need to get a good run out and test them quicker manual shifts now. Really wish I'd just gone to them sooner.

I am still waiting to hear back, Guys at Peron did tell me TVS could make some changes I need and add it to the options on the 2+ map but they never got back to me.

As the DQ500 can be flashed through the DS1 now I think I will wait until it becomes more popular, as I don't fancy being a guinea pig but I think getting the engine and DSG flashed to my spec by the same guy (maybe Darin?) has some advantages.

Let us know how you find it when it settles in :icon thumright:

Reactions: Spencer589
I went this route on my 8V but I flashed at home (during Covid)

Still have the interface too.

Sent from under the bridge while on Troll duty.

I am still waiting to hear back, Guys at Peron did tell me TVS could make some changes I need and add it to the options on the 2+ map but they never got back to me.

As the DQ500 can be flashed through the DS1 now I think I will wait until it becomes more popular, as I don't fancy being a guinea pig but I think getting the engine and DSG flashed to my spec by the same guy (maybe Darin?) has some advantages.

Let us know how you find it when it settles in :icon thumright:
Had a good run out today. The gear shifts in manual and dynamic mode are quicker and crisper, and I don't recommend it but it'll even shift at the limiter. It also seems like my mpg has improved in suburban driving and it definitely cools quicker. It's transformed the car couldn't recommend it enough.

Reactions: 8YARWY