Rs3 ,dsg drive to neutral

Kelza

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way to lock this while driving ,even when you hit the brakes,?

Hi brett i can move the gear stick from d to n while driving ,without pressing the lock button on the gear stick !

Ahh, yes same as me in the S3, I guess by moving it over to manual it will not move to N, but then you have to use dsg manually. Cant say though I have ever knocked it into N when it has been in Drive

Reactions: RS3W17NNY
Hi brett,i did by mistake ,while breaking :( As i,m used to a manual ,my hand was over there ,good job i was slowing down,need to find out if i can lock it ,in all modes ,so the only way i can change it ,is by pressing the button ,,unlocking the gear stick.....

I am pretty sure there is no way to lock it in drive I guess maybe for safety incase you have to knock it out of drive quick, though that said if you are in manual ofc that will not work.

I cant imagine you will do it very often, did you have your hand on it for a reason? or was it knocked by knee or something?

I still cant get over ,why i moved it with my arm or hand ,by mistake ,but your right i will both hands on the wheel :( picked the car up tonight ,and wow what a car ,poor bumper though :(

ca9824b265b520d8b359b5c907e5de49.jpg

Hi brett i can move the gear stick from d to n while driving ,without pressing the lock button on the gear stick !

I use the lever rally style, chasing down the box, when braking into a corner

I also use it on tight twisty stuff when the paddles are all over the place :)

Last edited:
All autos do this. Just a case of getting used to not going for the gears with the left hand.

I have to laugh when the mrs drives my A4 auto, her left legs going and keeps reaching for the gear lever at junctions!

Cool, thanks,sorry first auto car and can hardly wait to get used to it :)

I use the lever rally style, chasing down the box, when braking into a corner

I also use it on tight twisty stuff when the paddles are all over the place :)

Well your doing something wrong as in manual mode as you describe above you would only get to Neutral if you were over entusiatic with changing down through the gears, or just not paying attention to the HUD behind the steering wheel as to what gear you are in.
The other thing you might be doing is knocking out of Manual back across into Auto Mode where the next gear is Neutral. I'm surprised you haven't shot passed Neutral straight into Park whilst the car is still decelerating. Now that would be funny to see :lmfao: I can't think it would do the RS3 much good. Seriously though, my RS3 was my first auto & I found myself reaching for the lever so when I do I just slap the top of it with the palm of my hand as if to tell me.... No, I should do that. STOP it. I only occasionally reach across, but then remember I do need to bother with the gear lever in the centre. I just get p@ssed with thw slow gear changes of manual cars.... :)

Well your doing something wrong as in manual mode as you describe above you would only get to Neutral if you were over entusiatic with changing down through the gears, or just not paying attention to the HUD behind the steering wheel as to what gear you are in.
The other thing you might be doing is knocking out of Manual back across into Auto Mode where the next gear is Neutral. I'm surprised you haven't shot passed Neutral straight into Park whilst the car is still decelerating. Now that would be funny to see :lmfao: I can't think it would do the RS3 much good. Seriously though, my RS3 was my first auto & I found myself reaching for the lever so when I do I just slap the top of it with the palm of my hand as if to tell me.... No, I should do that. STOP it. I only occasionally reach across, but then remember I do need to bother with the gear lever in the centre. I just get p@ssed with thw slow gear changes of manual cars.... :)

nope you have lost me hear with the neutral bit?

how do u get into neutral in M?

the car pretty much changes gear as fast as you can press the paddles or move the lever, you can certainly run down the box as you brake into a corner

unless you guys are using S mode which i only ever use for launch control

Dude, your grammar is appalling! I really seem to struggle to read your posts.....:think:if you're gonna try to poke fun at mr hedgehog, be concise - or at the very least make some sort of sense!?