RS3 Discussion Thread

Are the RS3's still being limited in numbers? Or general production?

David

" You used the word "soul" three times... "

Soul for a reason - an engine in my opinion can make or break it

i'm no handling type by any means and i haven't modified mine and never will, it suits me just fine.

hmm might have to put my head under the bonnet on mine then, not sure I got a bag of spanners like that rattling around under my hood.

What you guys think of this oil pump system? long term disaster?

Yeah mine sounds the same. I think it's the injectors rather than the tappetts, plus S3 and 2.0TFSI engines have a large engine cover that will probably mask some of the noise. With the 2.5 RS engine it's mostly exposed. To be honest I think Audi skimped a bit on the engine details with that engine...

I actually thought it was a diesel! lol... looks like someone has leaked the rushes.

Looks better in the realistic pics than stylized ones IMO, but why the feck they made the front arch wider and the rear regular is beyond me, from a look and stance perspective the rear flare ala S3 8L would have looked better than front big *** bumper or not.

Want but cant afford :) settle for S3 sportback plus it will keep me occupied while I tweak the life out of her :rock::racer:

BTW, the talk of TFSi engines all sounding like that makes the TDi owner happy :eyebrows: lol...

Last edited:
Until it has 3 doors and you have the ability to stir and serve up your own cogs I think I will have to pass.

Sorely tempted, but the red doesn't do it any favours in the pics.

Need to drive one before I write it off completely though.

I am still sitting on the fence, waiting to see the List of options you can add.

I do think there is still a possibility they may release a 3 door version end of 2011, if a manual option not to sure, I think they are waiting to see how they sell, and how many say no to a 5 door but if you had a 3 door, Plus seeing how the BMW sells performs, I personally think they have released this earlier than they wanted to, still think they would have prefer a later 2011, but they are really making sure it is available to buy at the same time as the M1, and same price.

I am a little scared though as I have said above, some of it seems a rush job, ie, different wheel sizes, no fogs, and some other things, and they do make a few changes later on and release it in a 3 door with a slight different body kit for the rear?

Thoughts?

I think I'd rather wait for this:

500x_quattro2.jpg

The Audi Quattro Is Go For Production

Stunning car. Although I'm afraid the price will be out of most of our price range. Rumoured to cost £85k.

I am still sitting on the fence, waiting to see the List of options you can add.

I do think there is still a possibility they may release a 3 door version end of 2011, if a manual option not to sure, I think they are waiting to see how they sell, and how many say no to a 5 door but if you had a 3 door, Plus seeing how the BMW sells performs, I personally think they have released this earlier than they wanted to, still think they would have prefer a later 2011, but they are really making sure it is available to buy at the same time as the M1, and same price.

I am a little scared though as I have said above, some of it seems a rush job, ie, different wheel sizes, no fogs, and some other things, and they do make a few changes later on and release it in a 3 door with a slight different body kit for the rear?

Thoughts?

Received from Audi UK today (not that anything they say is for definite):

Dear Mr Cox

Thank you for your email dated 23/11/10 in reference to the RS3.

We have been informed that the RS3 will only be available as a Sportback and only with the S Tronic transmission.

Therefore, it is unlikely a 3 door version will be released. However, if there is to be any change to this information, details will be updated to the Audi website.

Thank you for your interest in the RS3.

Kind Regards

Janet Firth

Customer Service Advisor

Audi UK

T 08457 699777 Ext 63362

The R8 costs 85k so I doubt that very much.

When I saw it in Paris it had carbon ceramic brakes, 21" alloys, woven carbon fiber bodywork add ons, so I don't expect it to be available at under £60k which is way beyond my pocket money. Yes I'd love one, but it will have to be very second hand.

When I saw it in Paris it had carbon ceramic brakes, 21" alloys, woven carbon fiber bodywork add ons, so I don't expect it to be available at under £60k which is way beyond my pocket money. Yes I'd love one, but it will have to be very second hand.

They normally stick all the extra stuff like that on for the shows though don't they? I would expect about £60k too but that seems like far better value for money than £40k for an 8P.

web.jpg

Brakes look the same as the one you have pictured, only the wheels have changed. If they are an option then there is £10k off straight away!

Hopefully I'll get a lottery win between now and then, but at £60k it would be much better value than an RS3.

web.jpg

Brakes look the same as the one you have pictured, only the wheels have changed. If they are an option then there is £10k off straight away!

Hopefully I'll get a lottery win between now and then, but at £60k it would be much better value than an RS3.

Well in that case i'm assuming this car is built on a different chassis? Is it the A5?

Well in that case i'm assuming this car is built on a different chassis? Is it the A5?

I'm not sure. Do the A4 / A5 share the same platform? If this shares the same platform it will cut costs over anything more exotic. Live in hope.

I'm not sure. Do the A4 / A5 share the same platform? If this shares the same platform it will cut costs over anything more exotic. Live in hope.

The A4 and A5 share the same platform yeah.

Received from Audi UK today (not that anything they say is for definite):

Dear Mr Cox

Thank you for your email dated 23/11/10 in reference to the RS3.

We have been informed that the RS3 will only be available as a Sportback and only with the S Tronic transmission.

Therefore, it is unlikely a 3 door version will be released. However, if there is to be any change to this information, details will be updated to the Audi website.

Thank you for your interest in the RS3.

Kind Regards

Janet Firth

Customer Service Advisor

Audi UK

T 08457 699777 Ext 63362

Warren, TBH, I feel sorry for those people, they know less than we do, it was only like a month ago I emailed them re RS3, and 2 days later they actually phoned me back and left a message on my Answerphone, no RS3, and they way they actually worded the message it was like no way in a million years.

So your email really does mean nothing.

RS3 approx 40k, TTRS approx 45k, RS5 approx 50k so maybe the quattro concept approx 55k hopefully lol

If its a manual and my finances allow it could be intresting

RS3 approx 40k, TTRS approx 45k, RS5 approx 50k so maybe the quattro concept approx 55k hopefully lol

If its a manual and my finances allow it could be intresting

Bades on an RS5 platform. £55k? Your having a laugh!! hehe.