RS3 countdown to configurator

PeteRS3lee

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
As AndyVWR suggests
day 1
Lazy Audi web team take the day off
Guess day 1 is closed then Andy

Although i will have a punt of the Monday 16th august for it to open as that would be an ideal day, im off work for 2& half weeks
dont want the 20th to 27th as im on my holly bobs

Reactions: AndyVWR, NevMan and Add_Profile
Can’t believe the uk is so far behind other countries getting the configurator up & running.

Reactions: RS3ree
And how does the .pl configurater get that awesome 3D modeler but the .de one doesn't. Now that makes even less sense.

And how does the .pl configurater get that awesome 3D modeler but the .de one doesn't. Now that makes even less sense.

Ours is waiting for the 4yr old to go back to school so it can learn to colour in with the crayons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really makes no sense

Because Audi UK now offer cars in tiers with less individualisation it takes them longer to finalise what will and will not be in each tier hence the delay.

• Angry
Reactions: AndyVWR
Because Audi UK now offer cars in tiers with less individualisation it takes them longer to finalise what will and will not be in each tier hence the delay.
Which is frustrating as ****. What happened to the good ol' days where I could choose the options I want. Now it's either boggo spec or pay extra 10k for options you don't want.

Which is frustrating as ****. What happened to the good ol' days where I could choose the options I want. Now it's either boggo spec or pay extra 10k for options you don't want.

I’m at the age where your car was marked as pauper spec or I’ve got loads of wedge spec for all to see
Poplar - ghia X
And that was the spec you got
Thank god those days are done

• Haha
Reactions: Frizzley, Snake Pliskin and NevMan
Can’t believe the uk is so far behind other countries getting the configurator up & running.
Is it all the left hand drive countries first? Maybe that’s the first production run

Reactions: AndyVWR, Snake Pliskin and NevMan
Possibly, but we do seem to be last a lot of the time

Reactions: RS3ree and Snake Pliskin
Possibly, but we do seem to be last a lot of the time

Nah we’re always first for new covid varieties
Lol

Reactions: Frizzley, s3bow, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
As AndyVWR suggests
day 1
Lazy Audi web team take the day off
Guess day 1 is closed then Andy

Although i will have a punt of the Monday 16th august for it to open as that would be an ideal day, im off work for 2& half weeks
dont want the 20th to 27th as im on my holly bobs
Didn’t think you’d actually start it... but keeps up the spirits. Yes as you say, not much else to say for Day 1.

They say mid August but just thinking of Germany..their idea of mid July was 22nd, if I recall. Hopefully as you say somewhere in week starting 16 Aug

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and PeteRS3lee
Didn’t think you’d actually start it... but keeps up the spirits. Yes as you say, not much else to say for Day 1.

They say mid August but just thinking of Germany..their idea of mid July was 22nd, if I recall. Hopefully as you say somewhere in week starting 16 Aug

Don’t think day 2 will be much different
Andy
As long as the banter continues

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and AndyVWR
Let’s see how many days/weeks we get to

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and AndyVWR
It really makes no sense
Imho it will be because in the UK we get "packs" of items grouped together and for some reason can't just select any option we want. Audi will be grouping the products together and let us know mid August.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, PeteRS3lee, AndyVWR and 1 other person
Imho it will be because in the UK we get "packs" of items grouped together and for some reason can't just select any option we want. Audi will be grouping the products together and let us know mid August.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Makes it easier when it comes to resale too
No lists as long as your arm or people asking has it got this that and the other item on the car
Three or four is all it needs
Standard
Edition 1
Carbon
Or vorsprung
That way you know what it should at least have

Simplicity
For us simple Brit’s

And good evening terminator
Nice of you to join us

Reactions: Terminator x and NevMan
Ah yes, they did just to help us customers out... nothing to do with subtlely up-selling when that must have accessory is on the trim above or an option on that trim but no where to be seen on lowest spec as an option.

Sorry being very cynical but just rather annoyed with prospect that you need to compromise (by that I mean probably smash the piggy bank up, to get spec that you sort of wanted but won’t have had everything on it.

Then there’s the ****** Comfort & Sound Pack which if it’s so ****** essential, make it standard. But you feel obliged to tick that and come time to sell the car, I get the impression, the dealer will declare the car practically unsellable and worthless unless you’ve chosen the pack. (With that “it is rather popular on the second hand market, sir). Sorry think I might have got carried away and need to lie down

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, PeteRS3lee and Snake Pliskin
Ah yes, they did just to help us customers out... nothing to do with subtlely up-selling when that must have accessory is on the trim above or an option on that trim but no where to be seen on lowest spec as an option.

Sorry being very cynical but just rather annoyed with prospect that you need to compromise (by that I mean probably smash the piggy bank up, to get spec that you sort of wanted but won’t have had everything on it.

Then there’s the ****** Comfort & Sound Pack which if it’s so ****** essential, make it standard. But you feel obliged to tick that and come time to sell the car, I get the impression, the dealer will declare the car practically unsellable and worthless unless you’ve chosen the pack. (With that “it is rather popular on the second hand market, sir). Sorry think I might have got carried away and need to lie down
And on a good note Andy, after your lie down
day 2 is just as ****
have a good day all
i'm off to work to earn myself a vorsprung pack

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan and AndyVWR
Makes it easier when it comes to resale too
No lists as long as your arm or people asking has it got this that and the other item on the car
Three or four is all it needs
Standard
Edition 1
Carbon
Or vorsprung
That way you know what it should at least have

Simplicity
For us simple Brit’s

And good evening terminator
Nice of you to join us

Variants instead of individual optional equipment is guff and it won't make any difference if you go to sell people will always ask has it got this and that....
I personally wouldn't buy a Vorsprung model again as there's a few options l didn't want
Electric seats
Blind spot assist
Speed sign recognition
Keyless entry
I only chose Vorsprung because of the Alloy design and the carbon inlays

I think the Model designations on the RS3 will only have 3 to chose from and Vorsprung models will be the last to be introduced Press/launch cars will have weird options fitted

Reactions: NevMan
Variants instead of individual optional equipment is guff and it won't make any difference if you go to sell people will always ask has it got this and that....
I personally wouldn't buy a Vorsprung model again as there's a few options l didn't want
Electric seats
Blind spot assist
Speed sign recognition
Keyless entry
I only chose Vorsprung because of the Alloy design and the carbon inlays

I think the Model designations on the RS3 will only have 3 to chose from and Vorsprung models will be the last to be introduced Press/launch cars will have weird options fitted

I’d have all that ****
Cos I can
I’m a spoilt ****

• Haha
Reactions: AndyVWR
I’d have all that ****
Cos I can
I’m a spoilt ****

You go and order everything under the moon and stars on your RS3 and I'll guarantee you'll be nowhere near getting in one anytime soon ...do you read the 8Y delivery lead times thread...folks lead times are doubled for choosing such items as panoramic roofs and drivers assistance packs etc etc and as you want all the gear but have no idea..charge on lol

Reactions: NevMan
You go and order everything under the moon and stars on your RS3 and I'll guarantee you'll be nowhere near getting in one anytime soon ...do you read the 8Y delivery lead times thread...folks lead times are doubled for choosing such items as panoramic roofs and drivers assistance packs etc etc and as you want all the gear but have no idea..charge on lol

Charging away
Just longer in my A7
I’m ok with it jassy
As long as you keep up your ranting
As it makes the time go faster and I like your bants

Reactions: Jassyo06

Charging away
Just longer in my A7
I’m ok with it jassy
As long as you keep up your ranting
As it makes the time go faster and I like your bants

You two are crazy :grimacing:. Never seen a thread so busy in here for ages!

Reactions: PeteRS3lee
Did I read somewhere that RS3 production would be on the same line as A3/S3, rather than at a dedicated line somewhere else? Unless I dreamt it, they would do a run of RS orders then go back to A3s

From reading the VWROC G8R thread, there seemed to be an early sweet spot where cars turned up fairly quickly from initial ordering, sort of like initial order run....now it’s forever.

Maybe RS production (after special PeteRSLee and Snake day) will follow similar pattern, that is after initial run of building orders... no one knows when it might get built.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee and NevMan
It’s a lottery lead time for sure ... I think we are all realistic and tempering expectations.
Like Pete, I’d love it sooner but am of the frame of mind that it takes as long as it takes so won’t be pestering the Dealer for constant updates.
We’ve ordered as early as we can, so we can do no more.
Looking forward to finalising the car spec this month, but then I’ll switch off for a few months knowing we will enter a void of nothing-ness for quite some time.
But get Christmas out the way and once in the new year I’m hopeful we might start to get to hear some snippets of news / projected build dates and we can lift excitement levels again.
Then hopefully get the car in the spring when the weather picks up.

• Love
Reactions: Jassyo06, AndyVWR and NevMan
Did I read somewhere that RS3 production would be on the same line as A3/S3, rather than at a dedicated line somewhere else? Unless I dreamt it, they would do a run of RS orders then go back to A3s

From reading the VWROC G8R thread, there seemed to be an early sweet spot where cars turned up fairly quickly from initial ordering, sort of like initial order run....now it’s forever.

Maybe RS production (after special PeteRSLee and Snake day) will follow similar pattern, that is after initial run of building orders... no one knows when it might get built.

Yes Andy that spiel came from my dealer just before I purchased the A7 back in April
His words or very similar
Build slots for the rs3 are on a first come first serve basis
And will be slotted in on the a3 s3 track at certain points depending on orders
Or something along them lines

Reactions: NevMan and AndyVWR
DAY 3
anyone wanna bother looking on the Audi website
Nah didn’t think so

• Haha
Reactions: Add_Profile
DAY 3
anyone wanna bother looking on the Audi website
Nah didn’t think so

Ahhh you say that, but I decided to go on an internet hunt and found the Audi UK RS3 press release. Ok, not sure anything will jump out as anything we didn't already know, but still handy to know how a few things fit into the trim hierarchy and remember this press release is for UK Market, not just a german rehash.

https://www.auk-kits.co.uk/en-gb/releases/148

Summary:
Four trim levels confirmed - RS 3, Carbon, Launch & Vorsprung
Speed limit - RS3 limited to 155mph (So I suppose Carbon also limited but with the option of 174mph if you have approx £1500 to burn)
Launch & Vorsprung limited to 174mph (well that's another approx £1500 on the price)
Optional - RS Dynamic pack will up that to 180mph.

Lights - Standard LED on RS3 trim
Matrix LED on Carbon, Launch & Vorsprung

Roof of Saloon in Carbon Edition trim will be brilliant black

Head up display available - doesn't say if this will be option or part of standard trim(s)

Seats - RS Seats with anthracite stitching as standard
Option Fine Nappa seats

RS3 & Carbon fitted with Flat bottomed steering wheel
Vorsprung gets round steering wheel

Obvioulsy RS Sports Exhaust and Adaptive dampers are on the option list as well but I was hoping (dreaming) that one of those might make it into standard spec.

So those snippets of trim info is my Day 3 update. (maybe I should have given you one bit a day to extend things, too late now)

Reactions: PeteRS3lee, NevMan and Add_Profile
Oh and the shock bit I left out....standard RS3 will have aluminium trim

Reactions: NevMan and Add_Profile
I can't see keeping this car below £60k ....pauper spec aye...carbon and Vorsprung £62...£68k

Yeah, I reckon at least late fifties as a minimum on the SB, and low sixties on the saloon

Ahhh you say that, but I decided to go on an internet hunt and found the Audi UK RS3 press release. Ok, not sure anything will jump out as anything we didn't already know, but still handy to know how a few things fit into the trim hierarchy and remember this press release is for UK Market, not just a german rehash.

https://www.auk-kits.co.uk/en-gb/releases/148

Summary:
Four trim levels confirmed - RS 3, Carbon, Launch & Vorsprung
Speed limit - RS3 limited to 155mph (So I suppose Carbon also limited but with the option of 174mph if you have approx £1500 to burn)
Launch & Vorsprung limited to 174mph (well that's another approx £1500 on the price)
Optional - RS Dynamic pack will up that to 180mph.

Lights - Standard LED on RS3 trim
Matrix LED on Carbon, Launch & Vorsprung

Roof of Saloon in Carbon Edition trim will be brilliant black

Head up display available - doesn't say if this will be option or part of standard trim(s)

Seats - RS Seats with anthracite stitching as standard
Option Fine Nappa seats

RS3 & Carbon fitted with Flat bottomed steering wheel
Vorsprung gets round steering wheel

Obvioulsy RS Sports Exhaust and Adaptive dampers are on the option list as well but I was hoping (dreaming) that one of those might make it into standard spec.

So those snippets of trim info is my Day 3 update. (maybe I should have given you one bit a day to extend things, too late now)

Lol
So now what can u find for day 4

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
I was all in for the Vorsprung, but I want a flat bottomed steering wheel!
Edit: I have just seen the round steering wheel on the car that did the 7:40 at the Nurburgring and if that’s the one, I’ll definitely be going for flat bottomed!

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and NevMan