RS3 countdown to configurator

Hi all. New to the forum, going ahead with the saloon vorsprung in kyalami green. Very disappointing about the wheel but the vorsprung offers the best value with options imho. Does anybody know if the car comes with the phone box and wireless charger? Can't see any information about it on the website. TIA

Reactions: 3vans, Frizzley, UncleRick and 1 other person
exactly ... if it were round & looked good I don’t think we’d be as bothered ... but it’s just an unpleasant looking wheel ... & it’s the contact point with the car so you can’t really avoid looking at it can you.

plus that enlarged centre section looks off in an RS car as does the extra bling at the bottom.
RS4/5 both come with the same round wheel. I didn’t like it at first but the more I look at it I think it’s not that bad. Just needs a leather airbag and black out the silver bits which can be done easily. I know this is the rs6 wheel but all the black bits with a leather airbag cover will look decent
956AAA60 C69F 44BC BE10 E6D915409693

Reactions: NevMan
Hi all. New to the forum, going ahead with the saloon vorsprung in kyalami green. Very disappointing about the wheel but the vorsprung offers the best value with options imho. Does anybody know if the car comes with the phone box and wireless charger? Can't see any information about it on the website. TIA
I don't think it does; which is very strange. However I do wonder if we might find it appears on cars anyway and is just missing from the configurator.

As the other UK models have the phone box and wireless charging; in addition if these cars come with wireless android auto and apple carplay that kind of defeats the point if you need to plug them in to charge!

Reactions: vallance5
I was just going to say this.

2 spec choices on the Merc and as noted you get the alloys it comes with and the spec it comes with and no option to modify or add on individual items.

Audi have adopted the same approach but have added some flexibility by offering options such as adaptive dampers, comfort & sound pack etc

Thanks for replies, yes I get we were only ever going to get trims but it is the lack of options within those trims that I was referring to.
I know we’ll never go back to the option list free for all. But some options within the trim has always been possible.
I bet if all of us had been lusting after a RSQ3 we would all be happy or 95% happy with what we can spec under that model.
The RSQ3 gives you red or green seat stitching, red brake callipers and even adaptive dampers and sports Exhaust.
With only 3 wheel options it was only ever going to be one per trim for RS3 and the RSQ3 only has one choice maybe two on two trims.
So it’s the lack of customisable trim when they already offer a reasonable level of options on RSQ3 that has really annoyed me.
Also, bringing across Launch Edition seems to be either:
1) a slap in the face of buyers, as @PeteRS3lee said of his dealer, when customer comes in and says I’ll have a car like that and the dealer says no such model.
2) a peak of options down the line in the future

Come on guys, red brake callipers have been an Audi option as look as I can remember looking at Audi option lists.....suddenly too complicated and they are dropped.
So in summary seems like a sparse choice on options and can’t believe this is not part of crisis management for current situation with pandemic, chips.

Oh and just to finish on a non controversial item. I popped into local Audi dealer as I’d seen they had a RS5 Nagano Edition and I wanted to have a closer look at the colour just in case I’m specking an Audi Exclusive colour at some point in future........I’m not sure I really liked it, it seemed a little flat and a bit cornflowery imho. Sorry that is controversial. Think I might be happier with Sepang.

Reactions: NevMan, PeteRS3lee and Snake Pliskin
Thanks for replies, yes I get we were only ever going to get trims but it is the lack of options within those trims that I was referring to.
I know we’ll never go back to the option list free for all. But some options within the trim has always been possible.
I bet if all of us had been lusting after a RSQ3 we would all be happy or 95% happy with what we can spec under that model.
The RSQ3 gives you red or green seat stitching, red brake callipers and even adaptive dampers and sports Exhaust.
With only 3 wheel options it was only ever going to be one per trim for RS3 and the RSQ3 only has one choice maybe two on two trims.
So it’s the lack of customisable trim when they already offer a reasonable level of options on RSQ3 that has really annoyed me.
Also, bringing across Launch Edition seems to be either:
1) a slap in the face of buyers, as @PeteRS3lee said of his dealer, when customer comes in and says I’ll have a car like that and the dealer says no such model.
2) a peak of options down the line in the future

Come on guys, red brake callipers have been an Audi option as look as I can remember looking at Audi option lists.....suddenly too complicated and they are dropped.
So in summary seems like a sparse choice on options and can’t believe this is not part of crisis management for current situation with pandemic, chips.

Oh and just to finish on a non controversial item. I popped into local Audi dealer as I’d seen they had a RS5 Nagano Edition and I wanted to have a closer look at the colour just in case I’m specking an Audi Exclusive colour at some point in future........I’m not sure I really liked it, it seemed a little flat and a bit cornflowery imho. Sorry that is controversial. Think I might be happier with Sepang.

nice post mate & yeah does sun up the position very well.

sepang is a fine colour too :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan and AndyVWR
Someone correct me if I am wrong but isnt this restrictive list of options due to EU regulations and the tests that the cars need to go through to meet those regulations? Restricting them meant that they need to undergo less testing?? Something along those lines anyway i remember reading somewhere!

Someone correct me if I am wrong but isnt this restrictive list of options due to EU regulations and the tests that the cars need to go through to meet those regulations? Restricting them meant that they need to undergo less testing?? Something along those lines anyway i remember reading somewhere!
Are thinking about WLTP fuel and emissions testing. I can’t see how that can be true, you could choose a German RS3 and have a completely different set of options to what we have UK.

However you may be on to something that cars need to be submitted to UK authorities and this set up was easiest set of options to get through (or get through quickly at present).

Spot on - WLTP requires significantly more testing to provide individual data for every variant of a vehicle, which wasn’t needed for NEDC.

Individual cars with different alloy wheel sizes and trim levels, for example, must be assessed individually under WLTP, as larger alloy wheels negatively impact economy and emissions. It's the same story for options that add weight or impact aerodynamics.

Rhd and led and different variants and therefore need separate testing and one of the consequences of this is the number of options on cars have been dramatically reduced and equipment ‘packs’ have increased particularly for uk variants given the smaller sales volumes for rhd models which makes testing them relatively more expensive

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, vallance5 and 3vans
Placed order this morning. I have just watched the Nurburgring lap record and this car has the round wheel. It doesn't look too large in the video. Worth a watch if you haven't seen it already.

Reactions: 5pot, NevMan and 3vans
Straight out of a Q8 ... it looks lovely ;)

this is a european spec car, not to be compared with UK spec. My UK S3 Saloon (8Y) doesn't have this wheel although I'm sure its a no cost option. Or was when I ordered.
What wheel do you have? I would assume this is the round one for the S3 with adaptive assist.

All this fuss about flat bottom or round. You lot wheely need to get lives. It's turning into a right joke.

• Haha
Reactions: D0C, AndyVWR, NevMan and 1 other person
precisely precious... a joke.... but were gonaa keep this going round and round....

• Haha
Reactions: AndyVWR, NevMan, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Adaptive assist triggers the circular as noted ...

E1AA823C 4400 4DCA 8B5C 3D289B772D55

26863EF5 1717 4161 846C 1FEF96CCB80F

Talking about wheels, my uncle-in-law got rid of his 8V FL RS3 because it had a flat bottom. He hates them.. odd i know.

• Wow
Reactions: vallance5, SPIKE_, NevMan and 2 others
Thanks for the response. I suppose I can ask the dealer but sounds unlikely. Sorry another question...None of the colours really appeal to me that much and I can see an exclusive paint option. Is there any way of viewing what these are? Seems pretty pricey but may consider that.
Following on from this, I went into the dealership today and asked about ordering a Vorsprung with the wheels from the Carbon Black. It was a flat no.

Following on from this, I went into the dealership today and asked about ordering a Vorsprung with the wheels from the Carbon Black. It was a flat no.
I want the standard car with the wheels off the carbon edition , sports exhaust and matrix lights so I feel your pain . Audi have fcuked up big time with the configurator

Reactions: Terminator x, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Don’t forget you don’t get “PDE Adaptive suspension with Audi drive select” on standard/carbon edition unless you spec the Dynamic pack - this is standard on Vorsprung!
Mag ride you can live without l have 255/30/20 rubber bands on my tts and i've driven a tts without mag ride and l did'nt feel any difference

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
My 8Y is in positive equity by about £5k. I've been offered £36k for it at the moment at it's highest.

My RS3 deal.

Saloon, Carbon Model - Kyalami Paint. No other options.

£8k down, £560 per month.
But the value of your S3 is going to drop faster than seagull **** before the RS3 deliveries begin

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Frizzley, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Mag ride you can live without l have 255/30/20 rubber bands on my tts and i've driven a tts without mag ride and l did'nt feel any difference

you mentioned the mag ride previously mate & it made me realise I could easily live without it. :icon thumright:

i'll swap you mine off my carbon edition. :thumbs up:

Reactions: Eagle00