RS3 countdown to configurator

You know although I am confident that those are diamond cut it is strange Audi calls it a graphic in the description - which means maybe they really are “stickers”

Now I put some Audi Sport stickers on my wheels after getting them refurbed (they need another refurb!) and they are very strong; they do not come off when power washed.

However if they are stickers then in theory some heat and patience might get them off and your have those Matt black wheels…

Jeez, and you already have 360 cameras…can’t be working very well or you are a **** Parker

Jeez, and you already have 360 cameras…can’t be working very well or you are a **** Parker
Lol I don’t have 360 on my current RS3. That is why I want it so much on the new one!

Reactions: NevMan
Well a smart repair company can spray them Matt black for £70 a wheel in your drive. Getting them from glossy to Matt isn’t hard nor expensive.

You are going to let a smart repair company loose on a £60k RS….never

Reactions: UncleRick
Well that’s that then
I’m definitely out unless I get the launch edition
Can’t even configure a carbon in mythos
**** this **** off
Don’t want this fugly vorsprung
When allocations of launch edition comes available the dealership will do their best but they have no control on where they go at the mo
Disappointed with Audi is an understatement
I’m out of here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1d13808f2e5904b1fe6a968fcba94ca0.jpg

So after all this time (14+ months) you are out. What a shame mate, but it is a lot of money to spend and if you can’t get what you want, the right move. Now you can stick with A7 until they sort themselves out, if ever

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, AlwaysBeenS3 and PeteRS3lee
You know although I am confident that those are diamond cut it is strange Audi calls it a graphic in the description - which means maybe they really are “stickers”

Now I put some Audi Sport stickers on my wheels after getting them refurbed (they need another refurb!) and they are very strong; they do not come off when power washed.

However if they are stickers then in theory some heat and patience might get them off and your have those Matt black wheels…

If those ARE stickers, that is SERIOUSLY ****. No better than then chucking plastic trim pieces on the A1 wheels

eee6bd9f81fc1b65a5ac8467e830b68c.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Add_Profile
I think they will be screen printed or similar - wont come off very easy - like painted on
9A687C21 6C38 4FA9 828C D753A0EF2C44

So after all this time (14+ months) you are out. What a shame mate, but it is a lot of money to spend and if you can’t get what you want, the right move. Now you can stick with A7 until they sort themselves out, if ever

Exactly
German or polish even the us configuration was great and I’d have a car on its way
The uk configuration has had our pants down and then some
I’m not totally out but not holding much hope on a launch edition coming my way
Not wasted anything to be fair it’s been fun on here in the meantime
Enjoy you rs3s everyone
I’m off to buy a rs7
Yeah right O

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
you going to keep this up, then BAM, pics of you collecting the 1st RS3 in the country (and hiding AH's dead rotting corpse behind your shed) :laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: PeteRS3lee, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 1 other person
If they ever do - the lack of flexibility has done a lot of people over - even mercedes force packs so you cant spec certain things individually and like yousaid if you can’t get what you want then what’s the point - its a shame for sure and audi will lose a number of customers this way.

Exactly
German or polish even the us configuration was great and I’d have a car on its way
The uk configuration has had our pants down and then some
I’m not totally out but not holding much hope on a launch edition coming my way
Not wasted anything to be fair it’s been fun on here in the meantime
Enjoy you rs3s everyone
I’m off to buy a rs7
Yeah right O

Can £60-£70k not get you a decent RS7? ….maybe not in these times.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee and Snake Pliskin
audi are definitely hitting low and hard

so tell me none of these driver assist option on the RS etron GT require the capacitive steering wheel?

because you can select them all and still get this

or are they saying the most technologically advanced car they have ever made isn't as clever as the RS3?

you going to keep this up, then BAM, pics of you collecting the 1st RS3 in the country (and hiding AH's dead rotting corpse behind your shed) :laughing:

Look better dragged behind an rs7

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Can £60-£70k not get you a decent RS7? ….maybe not in these times.

Cheapest I’ve seen for a boggo 1 was 84k brand new
Bit like a boggo rs3 aluminium pack and standard no frills

Cheapest I’ve seen for a boggo 1 was 84k brand new
Bit like a boggo rs3 aluminium pack and standard no frills

I think the standard Rs3 looks great just a shame you can't add many options to the point its holding me back from placing a deposit at the moment

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and PeteRS3lee
I think the standard Rs3 looks great just a shame you can't add many options to the point its holding me back from placing a deposit at the moment

i thought you had ordered mate ?

get the deed done :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan and Mr Freeze
i thought you had ordered mate ?

get the deed done :icon thumright:
No not yet still pondering the options or lack of . I am happy with the deposit and monthlies that the sales guy as come back with but .

The standard car is missing the matrix lights and sports exhaust
The carbon edition has the stupid boy racer spoiler but is the car I would buy if you could delete the spoiler
The Vorsprung has the big steering wheel that I couldn't live with plus not a massive fan of pano roof / and the silver parts on the wheels .

Its a big decision and a expensive one to get wrong snake

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
There is no doubt in my mind that the RS7/6/etron GT wheel works with the capacitive functions and would probably be an easy swap @DJAlix - what do you think?

Audi have made a choice to do flat bottom on non driver assist and round on driver assist and make them look good by doing full alcantara and that lovely contrast and racing stripe… just they forgot about us here!

I don't think it was a case of simply forgetting, there's probably more politics behind the decision to bend us over in the UK and introduce a fist lathered in I can't believe its not butter (which is a cost option, standard is dry >.<)

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Mr Freeze
Well that’s that then
I’m definitely out unless I get the launch edition
Can’t even configure a carbon in mythos
**** this **** off
Don’t want this fugly vorsprung
When allocations of launch edition comes available the dealership will do their best but they have no control on where they go at the mo
Disappointed with Audi is an understatement
I’m out of here

1d13808f2e5904b1fe6a968fcba94ca0.jpg
Noooooooooooo!
But you can't drop out now...who will battle Archie for the first RS3 in UK.

Sorry, that you've had a bad day. The configurator does seem set up to drive you up to the Vorsprung. IT seems absolutey amazing that you can't get Black on the Carbon Edition., for two reasons:
1) Black is by far and away the most popular colour
2) Those that want the Stealth look would always go for all black
Seems like Audi don't care about the sales they will lose.
Hopefully this is early production spec forced on Audi by pandemic/chip shortage and MY 23 will be improved... Think I will wait to see a few versions in person before committing myself.

No not yet still pondering the options or lack of . I am happy with the deposit and monthlies that the sales guy as come back with but .

The standard car is missing the matrix lights and sports exhaust
The carbon edition has the stupid boy racer spoiler but is the car I would buy if you could delete the spoiler
The Vorsprung has the big steering wheel that I couldn't live with plus not a massive fan of pano roof / and the silver parts on the wheels .

Its a big decision and a expensive one to get wrong snake
In all seriousness mate I wouldn’t let the wing put you off .. I don’t think it’s as shouty as the A35/45 with it being carbon fibre rather than body colour.

do you not fancy the saloon ?

Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze and Add_Profile
If he wants a SB let him have a SB, didn't you see my position in the queue to get a Saloon I can't afford more people getting in there before me lol

• Haha
In all seriousness mate I wouldn’t let the wing put you off .. I don’t think it’s as shouty as the A35/45 with it being carbon fibre rather than body colour.

do you not fancy the saloon ?
I just couldn't live with it snake plus the wife will be driving it on a daily basis too and from work and said 100% no :laughing: to the spoiler .

Not a massive fan of saloons to be honest much prefer the Sportback

I just couldn't live with it snake plus the wife will be driving it on a daily basis too and from work and said 100% no :laughing: to the spoiler .

Not a massive fan of saloons to be honest much prefer the Sportback

I used to be the same but I have been turned with the 8y but if it’s a defo no I get it.
So yes I get your dilemma.
Hopefully you’ll get some clarity & can identify a combination that works for you :icon thumright:

Reactions: Add_Profile, Mr Freeze and NevMan
Noooooooooooo!
But you can't drop out now...who will battle Archie for the first RS3 in UK.

Sorry, that you've had a bad day. The configurator does seem set up to drive you up to the Vorsprung. IT seems absolutey amazing that you can't get Black on the Carbon Edition., for two reasons:
1) Black is by far and away the most popular colour
2) Those that want the Stealth look would always go for all black
Seems like Audi don't care about the sales they will lose.
Hopefully this is early production spec forced on Audi by pandemic/chip shortage and MY 23 will be improved... Think I will wait to see a few versions in person before committing myself.

Yeah mate
Really disappointed
After all this time waiting
Getting excited for what looked like a cracking machine only to be screwed over by the suits at Audi
Deposit is still on
So not out just yet
Just not paying for something that I can’t configure to my requirements not theirs
I mean
No design pack
No wheel choice ( steering or otherwise)
And seriously cannot configure mythos on the carbon edition WT actual ****
No choices from Audi means no money from me yet

But I’m not out just hanging on in there

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 3 others
Yeah mate
Really disappointed
Getting excited for what looked like a cracking machine only to be screwed over by the suits at Audi
Deposit is still on
So not out just yet
Just not paying for something that I can’t configure to my requirements not theirs
I mean
No design pack

Good on ya, they're on a massive pisstake. If they had any sense they could have had the 3 trim levels as there are now but allow for more adjustability with the Vorsprung option, so choice of wheels/design pack/steering wheel etc. could all be adjusted on the vorsprung model (given it's clearly the most expensive so allowing extra choices would make sense) but that would be too consumer friendly and sensible so instead the split what you might like between two different trim levels and make it impossible to be 100% happy.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan and AndyVWR
Good on ya, they're on a massive pisstake. If they had any sense they could have had the 3 trim levels as there are now but allow for more adjustability with the Vorsprung option, so choice of wheels/design pack/steering wheel etc. could all be adjusted on the vorsprung model (given it's clearly the most expensive so allowing extra choices would make sense) but that would be too consumer friendly and sensible so instead the split what you might like between two different trim levels and make it impossible to be 100% happy.

Cheers
Just makes sense now
Wait a while see what gives
Jassy made sense
Head not heart
60k is a lot of cash on something your not happy with in the end

Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan
Good luck to all with their new rs3s arriving when ever
Just wish I could like it more than what they have given
But to Audi
Hope this is not the biggest **** up in these pressing times and it’s just chips etc the made you give us such a **** configuration
Not because we won the war
Lol

I think push comes to shove, I'd go with the Vorsprung trim. The bus driver steering wheel would still annoy me as would the inability to spec any carbon (I quite like the rear carbon spoiler) and the lack of any sort of design pack is super annoying but outside of those (fairly big) gripes it would still be more or less fully loaded.

My speccing up appointment is tomorrow and I have never been less excited

To go home with all the options I want on the car I’ve just sold I feel pretty stupid

I chose Audi to get more flexibility and have got even less

I still hold hope that something will give between now and tomorrow afternoon

Go on then laugh

Reactions: Mr Freeze, D0C and NevMan
My speccing up appointment is tomorrow and I have never been less excited

To go home with all the options I want on the car I’ve just sold I feel pretty stupid

I chose Audi to get more flexibility and have got even less

I still hold hope that something will give between now and tomorrow afternoon

Go on then laugh

What options do you want? and what's it looking like at the moment?

Interior is a big thing for me my current car is very showy digital white with spoiler but it cringes me out on some days

I wanted to go stealth black with RS3

But be wooed once I sat inside

I would want the bright red accents flat bottom steering wheel in alcantara red accents like the press shots

Pan roof I’ve got used to would miss it

I couldn’t ever do the big round steering wheel though

B&O system is a must

I could just about stomach the wheels

But stomaching things at 60k isn’t right

Reactions: Mr Freeze, D0C, NevMan and 1 other person
There is no doubt in my mind that the RS7/6/etron GT wheel works with the capacitive functions and would probably be an easy swap @DJAlix - what do you think?

Audi have made a choice to do flat bottom on non driver assist and round on driver assist and make them look good by doing full alcantara and that lovely contrast and racing stripe… just they forgot about us here!
Hold up, will just pop out and buy a new RS3 and RS6 to see :)

Impossible to tell at the moment. Steering wheels are not a straight swap. Some require re-wiring and some require hardware or software changes in other modules to retrofit. If the related features of the new MQB platform work the same as the MLBevo then in theory this might work.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Frizzley
Yeah mate
Really disappointed
Deposit is still on
So not out just yet
I mean
No design pack

Totally get where your coming from Pete i'am in the same boat . Its a lot of money to pay for something you can't configure to your requirements

Reactions: Splathead, NevMan and AndyVWR
Has anyone got any numbers yet? Wondering how strong the residuals and final value are?

Totally get where your coming from Pete i'am in the same boat . Its a lot of money to pay for something you can't configure to your requirements

Been thinking about this and I can only think this arrangement with configurator is purely a necessity for current conditions (pandemic & global chip shortage). Unless Audi UK have entered a new low in providing options for cars, do you think this was the best (I use that word very loosely) spec they could come up with for getting RHD down the production line in shorted possible time rather than giving us a multitude of options.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan
Been thinking about this and I can only think this arrangement with configurator is purely a necessity for current conditions (pandemic & global chip shortage). Unless Audi UK have entered a new low in providing options for cars, do you think this was the best (I use that word very loosely) spec they could come up with for getting RHD down the production line in shorted possible time rather than giving us a multitude of options.

Certainly that will have influenced it to some degree, but then in other ways what real effect would it have by allowing a couple alloy wheel options, the infamous flat bottomed steering wheel etc

Reactions: PeteRS3lee and Add_Profile
Do you think the lack of options outside of the .de configurator could be down to brexit? Or is it Audi UK trying to simplyfy stuff, The Vorsprung model would suit all of my requirements but that ROUND steering wheel and the graphics on the wheels spoil it
You cant even add another set of wheels to the std car ***..............

Reactions: NevMan and Mr Freeze
exactly, if I live just across the water there, I can choose ANY option giving a multitude of different configurations, so why limit the UK to pretty much 3 specs of car, they're obviously capable of building to individual choice, I'll go with brexit under the false pretence that a "microchip shortage" means I can't have red cloth/trim or red paint on my caliper, pathetic..