RS3 Configuration (let's see what you've got then)

Afraid not snake spoke with the sales guy yesterday as he asked me to come in and seal the deal but my stance is i'am not buying one until his boss gives me a better deal than the £1000 off he as offered due to all the messing about I've had with a squeaky ss seat in the S3 .
His reply was leave it with me while I work on my manager and I'll get back to you next week .
I've bought my last two cars through him so he knows I always play hard ball :smiley:

He also told me he went in an 8y Rs3 last week said it was LHD on German plates and was at west London Audi how true that is who knows .
He did say it is a lot more impressive in person compared to the video/photo's .

thats fair enough ... if you can eek a bit more out the deal good on ya. That way you might be able to say you’re getting that aero wing for nothing ;)

I think everyone’s gonna be pleasantly surprised with how good the new RS3 is mate.

thats fair enough ... if you can eek a bit more out the deal good on ya. That way you might be able to say you’re getting that aero wing for nothing ;)

I think everyone’s gonna be pleasantly surprised with how good the new RS3 is mate.
If they were in the dealerships I think a deal would of already been done . I still can't get my head round having that wing on the back :laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
He also told me he went in an 8y Rs3 last week said it was LHD on German plates and was at west London Audi how true that is who knows .
He did say it is a lot more impressive in person compared to the video/photo's .
West London Audi ! Really, my local dealer. Is it worth a ping to the salesman for a peek ?.

Reactions: NevMan, 5pot and AndyVWR
Whats your thoughts now you have seen it in person ? You sticking with it ?

Yeah if anything it's just cemented it even more for me. I can see the RS3 wearing it as well.

The guy in Stirling Audi was salty af when he asked who I ordered it through and he said 'you wouldn't have got any discount then' and got even more salty when I said circa 5% lmao.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Mr Freeze
West London Audi ! Really, my local dealer. Is it worth a ping to the salesman for a peek ?.
As I say if its true or not who knows . I think they would deny it was ever there as it wasn't being shown to the public .

Reactions: RS03??? and Snake Pliskin
Better still to pop round and have a nosey in compound or inside workshop :sunglasses:

Reactions: RS03???
golf r best all round car - surely your r8 was far better, though granted its wide size and lack of practicality can be an issue
The R8's I had were great, but, as much as they are about as practical a 'supercar' as you can get and certainly a 911 rival if you use one everyday the 'special' feeling disappears.
I had the V10 R8 and bought the Golf R at the same time to replace a Golf GTD as our daily car, but the Golf R is such a great all-rounder, easy to park, leave it parked all day, attracts very little attention etc that I soon found that the R8 was only covering about 800 miles per year, and most times I preferred to take the Golf over the R8, add two Grandchildren into the mix and later a dog and the R8 is then costing you about £2500 a year before you go anywhere

You find when looking for an R8 that some have less than 10,000 miles and about 4 owners at 3 years old, it's a great car and I would have another in a heartbeat when my lucky numbers come up :)

The R8's I had were great, but, as much as they are about as practical a 'supercar' as you can get and certainly a 911 rival if you use one everyday the 'special' feeling disappears.
I had the V10 R8 and bought the Golf R at the same time to replace a Golf GTD as our daily car, but the Golf R is such a great all-rounder, easy to park, leave it parked all day, attracts very little attention etc that I soon found that the R8 was only covering about 800 miles per year, and most times I preferred to take the Golf over the R8, add two Grandchildren into the mix and later a dog and the R8 is then costing you about £2500 a year before you go anywhere

You find when looking for an R8 that some have less than 10,000 miles and about 4 owners at 3 years old, it's a great car and I would have another in a heartbeat when my lucky numbers come up :)
Off topic: nice to see your a biker too. Got the MT10SP myself :)

Off topic: nice to see your a biker too. Got the MT10SP myself :)
MT10 is a great bike, I took the demo out when my R1M was in for a service, very close in feel to my Tuono but imho the xplane Yamaha sounds better than the V4 Tuono, R1M is hurting me now, I had it new in 2016 but i'm also 5 years older now as well, Also got a 1975 Kawasaki H2c that I love fiddling with but dont go very far on :) I put them all outside whilst the builders were putting a new roof on my garage

Attachments

• IMG_5715.JPG
    IMG_5715.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_7074.jpg
    IMG_7074.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
What spec have you gone for ?
It's the Standard Spec, Turbo Blue, Comfort & Sound, Roof Rails and Sports Exhaust.

Only bit I'm a bit annoyed you can't add separately is high beam assist. It's lumped in with the driver assist pack. Going to miss it, as its handy when 'pushing on' at night on the twisties. These things should be standard now.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and 3vans
It's the Standard Spec, Turbo Blue, Comfort & Sound, Roof Rails and Sports Exhaust.

Only bit I'm a bit annoyed you can't add separately is high beam assist. It's lumped in with the driver assist pack. Going to miss it, as its handy when 'pushing on' at night on the twisties. These things should be standard now.
Thats a good spec for the standard car . I got a quote for a similar spec only difference was Tango red .
Yes it is a shame they won't let you option stuff like high beam / Matrix headlights separately as it is an option I think most people would tick .

Reactions: RSt3ve
Thats a good spec for the standard car . I got a quote for a similar spec only difference was Tango red .
Yes it is a shame they won't let you option stuff like high beam / Matrix headlights separately as it is an option I think most people would tick .
Yeah it'll certainly put a smile on my face! Nice choice in Tango, I was torn between Tango and Blue as one of my friends has a Tango A3 S-line Saloon, it always looks shiney and the metallic comes through lovely in the right light.

Really can't wait to get the RS, the S3 is a lovely car but it just lacks the full on wow factor. That said its been perfect for what I use it for, bikes on the roof for getting to races and training camps, commuting and the occasional blast. Can't wait to get the bikes on the roof on the new one, who needs a T6 Van when an RS3 will do

Reactions: RS03??? and Mr Freeze
I’ve ordered exclusive and been told not to expect it until summer next year. ☹️
I still have the 8v though so not that fussed.

• Sad
Reactions: 3vans and NevMan
I’ve ordered exclusive and been told not to expect it until summer next year.
I still have the 8v though so not that fussed.

What colour did you go for? Assuming you want to share

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Could always get one of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and NevMan
What colour did you go for? Assuming you want to share
Racing Mica blue on a Vorsprung saloon.
I wanted that on the 8v but went with ara instead to avoid the wait.

Reactions: vallance5, AndyVWR, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Porsche Ultra violet looks great on this 8v saloon and on the S3 sportback l took this shot of this Sportsback when l picked up my Voodoo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210904-215134_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210904-215134_Instagram.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20210904-223132_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210904-223132_Chrome.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Freeze, 3vans, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
Racing Mica blue on a Vorsprung saloon.
I wanted that on the 8v but went with ara instead to avoid the wait.

look forward to seeing that one :icon thumright:

Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan
I’ve ordered a launch edition saloon in mythos black. Due to be built wc 13th sept so should arrive by November, maybe late oct.

It will be 1 of 3 in that spec I am told.

After 7 years with a Golf R it seemed a natural progression - nothing you can do to the Golf R can make it sound as good as the rs3 and I’m willing to spend the extra cash for the rs3 for a decent sound alone

Reactions: 3vans, Mr Freeze and RS3ree
I’ve ordered a launch edition saloon in mythos black. Due to be built wc 13th sept so should arrive by November, maybe late oct.

It will be 1 of 3 in that spec I am told.

After 7 years with a Golf R it seemed a natural progression - nothing you can do to the Golf R can make it sound as good as the rs3 and I’m willing to spend the extra cash for the rs3 for a decent sound alone

You’ve done well securing a ‘launch edition’ ... you must be the only person in the uk to have managed that - the rest of us have been told they are demo / showroom cars only.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan
You’ve done well securing a ‘launch edition’ ... you must be the only person in the uk to have managed that - the rest of us have been told they are demo / showroom cars only.

Really? My dealer didn’t mention that as an issue.

I’ve given the deposit a while back and signed the paperwork this past week, and cancelled my backup order (which was made in case I couldn’t get a launch edition car), so it better not fall through!!

Last edited:

I’ve given the deposit a while back and signed the paperwork this past week, and cancelled my backup order (which was made in case I couldn’t get a launch edition car), so it better not fall through!!

if they’ve committed it as your order I’m sure they’ll honour it. The launch edition are the first cars off the production line too so you may be one of the first in the country to get your hands on a new RS3 too

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Keano04

Yeah good luck with that
My dealer said the same
If they get 1 you can have it
My deposit has been on 15 months and still hasn’t secured me 1
As they said they have no influence on where launch editions end up or who with
They check their computers nearer the time and tells them where they are going
Very few out of 96 will be allocated to dealers
Out of those few that get to a dealer will get a random buyer , if any ,as they are for demos or showroom
I am also in line for a launch but not holding much hope
Demos will be in any colour and spec
I’d ask your dealer to clarify as I think he’s spinning you a line or has just said that to get an order
Mine tried the same till I told him launch edition or I’m out
Mine was honest with me after I said that
Good luck if you or I get 1 though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk no

Reactions: Jassyo06
if they’ve committed it as your order I’m sure they’ll honour it. The launch edition are the first cars off the production line too so you may be one of the first in the country to get your hands on a new RS3 too

I’ve signed the new vehicle order form so as far as I’m concerned, and as advised by my dealer, I’ve secured one… time will tell though, eh!!

End of Oct/ early November is what I’ve been told as current best guess - it’s going into production 13th - I have my order number too.

I’m not being spun a line…

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
I’ve signed the new vehicle order form so as far as I’m concerned, and as advised by my dealer, I’ve secured one… time will tell though, eh!!

End of Oct/ early November is what I’ve been told as current best guess - it’s going into production 13th - I have my order number too.

I’m not being spun a line…

Enjoy then if it be true keano
I may get 1 too who knows

Reactions: Keano04
RS adaptive suspension, what exactly is this as the description in the configurator isn’t great. Does speccing this give you the torque rear drive mode?

RS adaptive suspension, what exactly is this as the description in the configurator isn’t great. Does speccing this give you the torque rear drive mode?

torque rear drive is standard on all the cars.

Could always get one of these.

There was a new 8V LMS for sale a wee while back in Floret silver a £100k

Reactions: 8YARWY and NevMan
You actually mean a Millenial/Playstation generation l could'nt live with IT ......way overpowering paint colour
Just my opinion and nothing else jassy we all have different tastes but they do usually change as one get older

Fingers crossed!!

Have you got your order number yet?

No order as I wasn’t prepared to order there and then
Deposit is still on
But will only be then will I get allocated a launch when they can and if they get 1
Not holding much hope so an rs7 instead
Lol

Just my opinion and nothing else jassy we all have different tastes but they do usually change as one get older
l am all for bold colours as you know probably go Riviera Blue myself... but Kyalamy is a step too far looks great on web pages/pro photos but to live with **** me never ....besides that.... it's a magnet for unwated attention especially in West/central Scotland where l live

Reactions: NevMan