RS3 Configuration (let's see what you've got then)

I'd imagine you guys can't be far behind if you all ordered same day. Not sure how I've managed to get one already. He did say don't be surprised if it gets pushed back which I obviously wont but seems about right if they were saying that Vorsprungs wouldn't start build to circa week 48-50.

Reactions: NevMan
Iv since had an email saying December at the very earliest but could possibly end up being March

Iv since had an email saying December at the very earliest but could possibly end up being March
Gently setting expectations into March. Thats for the Carbon Edition!

Gently setting expectations into March. Thats for the Carbon Edition!
Prepared for it, but highly doubt it if I'm honest. The email I seen from Audi head honchos stated that the first Vorsprungs would build in late week 49-50s. So maybe the Vorsprungs would end up being into the first couple of months in new year. As my salesman pointed out - they will want bums in seats as soon as with it being a brand new model. Guess it will all depend on these chip shortages.

Reactions: NevMan and RS03???
Prepared for it, but highly doubt it if I'm honest. The email I seen from Audi head honchos stated that the first Vorsprungs would build in late week 49-50s. So maybe the Vorsprungs would end up being into the first couple of months in new year. As my salesman pointed out - they will want bums in seats as soon as with it being a brand new model. Guess it will all depend on these chip shortages.
Thats encouraging. My Salesman hopes to update me by end of this week on build week. Fingers crossed.

I was really surprised to be fair. Audi on twitter did say it wasn't confirmed, but it's still progress right?

My order is in for a Turbo Blue Vorsprung SB, but thinking that the Kyalami Green might be a better option. I have absolutely no real preference for either colour, but none of the metallic colours really appeal.

With that in mind, and the fact the green is the ‘unique‘ colour for the RS3, do you think the green is the better option? Thinking about popularity in the market in the long run. I’ll go and see if my local dealer has any cars in these colours before i make the call, but what does the forum hive-mind think?

Like I say, this is not about my personal preference because i don’t really have one. So it probably comes down to which one is the best from a perception and resale perspective. I would go for an exclusive colour but i really can’t wait that long, although i might ask the question on what effect that would have on lead times.

My order is in for a Turbo Blue Vorsprung SB, but thinking that the Kyalami Green might be a better option. I have absolutely no real preference for either colour, but none of the metallic colours really appeal.

With that in mind, and the fact the green is the ‘unique‘ colour for the RS3, do you think the green is the better option? Thinking about popularity in the market in the long run. I’ll go and see if my local dealer has any cars in these colours before i make the call, but what does the forum hive-mind think?

Like I say, this is not about my personal preference because i don’t really have one. So it probably comes down to which one is the best from a perception and resale perspective. I would go for an exclusive colour but i really can’t wait that long, although i might ask the question on what effect that would have on lead times.
For me the green suits the Saloon but not sure about the SB. I think the red suits the SB better. Not a massive fan of the blue although had Sprint Blue on an 8P, the Turbo looks a little washed out.

Stick with the blue or get an exclusive blue and wait longer. I like the green but since the other half said it looked like Asda I can’t unsee it :)

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and NevMan

I'd stick with Turbo blue I think kyalami green would look good on lambo's etc but not a hatch/saloon imo

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and 3vans

I would stick with the Blue also. The Kyalami green is available on RSQ3. Audi worcester had one on their sales forecourt for months before COVID struggling to shift it. What annoys me with the press photos and garaged reveal video is the coloured lighting they used to enhance the colour. It’s paler than it looks not quite pastel but not as strong green as the photos. I hope ppl an not disappointed by it. Kemora grey is more exclusive at the moment but I just can’t make up my mind about it until I see it in the flesh. Kemora grey might be a good alternative to Nardo. I went with safe Daytona but i do wish it was a bit more exclusive. it’s quite common but maybe that for good reason.

I like the green but living in Scotland I’d need to be careful where I’d park it ‍

Reactions: AndyVWR and NevMan
+1 for Kalami Green - it’s far rarer than Turbo Blue and IMO it suits the car looks better.

The green will stand out more but speaking from experience, my TTRS was in and the wifes Q3 is Turbo Blue will get plenty of attention too.

I think the green looks awesome.

Im just not brave enough to go for it.

0EA462A8 7D2C 4CFF 8E72 186F540CE5EB

Reactions: NevMan, RS03??? and Frizzley
I bit the bullet and ordered it but now I'm really worried it's been too heavily filtered to look stronger in every photo I've seen of it (not just talking about the RS3 launch).

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Kyalami on the TTRS - these photos are unfiltered I believe.

z5tqHYf.jpg

EZT17k9.jpg

eGRzWil.jpg

Reactions: vallance5, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 1 other person
some more view of a tt here Which I took for another forum member - definitely unfiltered
I've never been fortunate enough to see Kyalami in real life - would you say the photos are an accurate representation of the shade?

Reactions: RS03???
On a bright day, Kyalami Green is a head turner. I was seriously considering, However, chickened out and chose a subtle colour.

Reactions: NevMan, 3vans and Mr Freeze
I've never been fortunate enough to see Kyalami in real life - would you say the photos are an accurate representation of the shade?
Yes - my one caveat is I obviously took these inside the showroom and my reason for saying this is the turbo blue on my TTRS could look completely different depending on the light.

if you still undercertain there are a couple of kyalami green RSQ3‘s and TTRS autotrader at the moment which show the cars in different lighting conditions

I think given the choice of Turbo Blue or Kyalami Green I think I’d go Turbo Blue.

looking at the the TT photos I feel that colour looks a better shade than it actually is. In reality I think it’s lighter than the photos.

In terms of the 8 colours available. There might be change in customer choice but I think it will follow in line with previous colour choice on RS3s and other current cars.

Black will probably be most popular (mad fools) around 22-25% of cars
Grey (kemora and Daytona) probably 30-35% (yes I know I’ve combined two colours)
White probably 12-15% of cars
Red will probably make up 8-10% of cars
Blue probably 5-8%
Green as a standard colour will be a bit more popular but not much imho.
Yellow will be fitting it out for last place roughly 3-5%

Yes I know the total percentage is a little off 100% but just trying to throw some rough idea of percentages and rough numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: RS03???, 3vans, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
I think I'm still quite happy with it at the moment. Can always wrap it if I hate it lol. But in all seriousness I think it will be fine. Hopefully they'll do a few media cars in Kyalami and they will be out early enough that I can change the paint in my build if I'm not convinced lol.

Reactions: RS03???, Snake Pliskin, Frizzley and 1 other person
I think I'm still quite happy with it at the moment. Can always wrap it if I hate it lol. But in all seriousness I think it will be fine. Hopefully they'll do a few media cars in Kyalami and they will be out early enough that I can change the paint in my build if I'm not convinced lol.

There is a Kyalami Green RSQ3 down the road, definitely a head turner and certainly not dull or washed out

Reactions: RS03???, HulkRS3 and Snake Pliskin
I think the green looks awesome.

Im just not brave enough to go for it.

View attachment 241941
Kyalamy Green is shade for shade the same as Turbo Blue.....for those who haven't seen it for themselves beware of Press shots and videos as all have added processing in the video/photos to enhance...Audi portray Kyalamy green more to Viper Green than kyalamy....would never own a car in either kyalamy/kemora
Trouble with going exclusive apart from the obvious ££££ is exclusive colours...ie Exclusivity has become very diluted....over the last 4 years....as its very difficult to get a paint colour that's rare now ...unless you go super Lairy
Seen Kemora on a R8 looked great....but what paint colours don't on a R8

Reactions: RS03???, 3vans, AndyVWR and 2 others
Kyalamy Green is shade for shade the same as Turbo Blue.....for those who haven't seen it for themselves beware of Press shots and videos as all have added processing in the video/photos to enhance...Audi portray Kyalamy green more to Viper Green than kyalamy....would never own a car in either kyalamy/kemora
Trouble with going exclusive apart from the obvious ££££ is exclusive colours...ie Exclusivity has become very diluted....over the last 4 years....as its very difficult to get a paint colour that's rare now ...unless you go super Lairy
Seen Kemora on a R8 looked great....but what paint colours don't on a R8

yeah you’d have to be trying really hard to make an R8 look $hi7 :)

Reactions: Mr Freeze, RS03??? and Jassyo06
The other worry is when it comes the time to punt it that nobody will want it because it's bold...

The other worry is when it comes the time to punt it that nobody will want it because it's bold...
That’s how I see it. I tried to allude to that with my list above. It’s one of those colours that everyone thinks looks cool until they are asked for the money.

then everyone goes for black or grey

Reactions: 3vans and NevMan
I think given the choice of Turbo Blue or Kyalami Green I think I’d go Turbo Blue.

looking at the the TT photos I feel that colour looks a better shade than it actually is. In reality I think it’s lighter than the photos.

In terms of the 8 colours available. There might be change in customer choice but I think it will follow in line with previous colour choice on RS3s and other current cars.

Black will probably be most popular (mad fools) around 22-25% of cars
Grey (kemora and Daytona) probably 30-35% (yes I know I’ve combined two colours)
White probably 12-15% of cars
Red will probably make up 8-10% of cars
Blue probably 5-8%
Green as a standard colour will be a bit more popular but not much imho.
Yellow will be fitting it out for last place roughly 3-5%

Yes I know the total percentage is a little off 100% but just trying to throw some rough idea of percentages and rough numbers.
Turbo blue doesn't photograph well at all especially it being a lighter shade of blue but mainly because it's a flat paint

Reactions: NevMan and AndyVWR
Turbo blue doesn't photograph well at all especially it being a lighter shade of blue but mainly because it's a flat paint
Ha ha. Yes I agree. Given a choice I’d have neither turbo blue or Kyalami green..... but just wanted to given my opinion to Original poster.

As both are flat colours they do lack something in photos hence the subtle filter or lighting to enliven them (if that’s the phrase)

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
yeah you’d have to be trying really hard to make an R8 look $hi7 :)

its not that difficult - got a matt black and a pale gold one (assume both wrapped) and IMO they both look awful.

Also saw a brand new one at a dealers in what looked like a muddy brown:puke2:

Each to their own though

Reactions: Snake Pliskin