RS3 Configuration (let's see what you've got then)

Guys I can’t decide, can u have ur thoughts please, I can’t make decision between carbon edition + dynamic pack vs vorsprung.

I deffo want the sportback, I can live without all the extras that u get in vorsprung, but at this kinda money I feel id want them if I went carbon edition (hud + driving assist stuff)
The extra carbon bits in carbon edition vs vorsprung are spoiler, side skirts, mirrors and engine cover right? Interior is same between the 2 as far as I can tell.
Reasons for carbon are the boy racer looks and steering wheel really, could careless about 6 mph more, brakes are cool but necessary?? Not planning to do track days

Help

Guys I can’t decide, can u have ur thoughts please, I can’t make decision between carbon edition + dynamic pack vs vorsprung.

I deffo want the sportback, I can live without all the extras that u get in vorsprung, but at this kinda money I feel id want them if I went carbon edition (hud + driving assist stuff)
The extra carbon bits in carbon edition vs vorsprung are spoiler, side skirts, mirrors and engine cover right? Interior is same between the 2 as far as I can tell.
Reasons for carbon are the boy racer looks and steering wheel really, could careless about 6 mph more, brakes are cool but necessary?? Not planning to do track days

Help

Ideally I'd like the Vorsprung too when spending this kinda cash - and surprisingly it's not that much more than usual over the other trims but it's out of my budget. You are right with the carbon bits on the Carbon Edition. You won't need Ceramics either unless you really want to show off or do track days.

Ideally I'd like the Vorsprung too when spending this kinda cash - and surprisingly it's not that much more than usual over the other trims but it's out of my budget. You are right with the carbon bits on the Carbon Edition. You won't need Ceramics either unless you really want to show off or do track days.
I went for the Vorsprung, as Launch edition was not available as an option. Motorised seats + 360 camera did the trick for me. Wished the Vorsprung had the same steering wheel as the rest.

Reactions: 3vans

Help

I initially ordered a Vorsprung but then switched to Carbon reasons being:

The carbon bits really do look ace - and a first for them to be offered on a RS3.
I prefer the matt black alloys on the carbon & I was concerned how the graphic alloys would look.
Black roof on the saloon
Flat bottom steering wheel - I just don't like the look of the circular wheel. or the enlarged square shaped centre section.
Its £2k cheaper than the vorsprung.

Pan roof would have been nice, but I've never had one so I can get over that - plus no rattles to worry about.
360 cam / power boot don't really bother me.
Leccy seats are nice, but once set you never touch them again (unless you have multi drivers).
HUD again not fussed - I was even concerned it might annoy me being in my line of vision.

Main extra I wanted was comfort & sound pack which I was able to add on.

So I went for visual appeal over luxury items.

The carbon bits really do look ace - and a first for them to be offered on a RS3.
I prefer the matt black alloys on the carbon & I was concerned how the graphic alloys would look.
Black roof on the saloon
Flat bottom steering wheel - I just don't like the look of the circular wheel. or the enlarged square shaped centre section.

Pan roof would have been nice, but I've never had one so I can get over that - plus no rattles to worry about.
Leccy seats are nice, but once set you never touch them again (unless you have multi drivers).
HUD again not fussed - I was even concerned it might annoy me being in my line of vision.

Heard a few people refer to the graphic alloys. What are they?

Heard a few people refer to the graphic alloys. What are they?

The alloys you get with vorsprung - high gloss black with the coloured sections vs matt black on carbon which is one all over colour

Graphic alloys:

B0088FE6 8F10 42E6 B4EC 47BC1B79AF1A

Matt black:

9DD805D6 0A99 4A09 897D 01CDEED05749

The alloys you get with vorsprung - high gloss black with the coloured sections vs matt black on carbon which is one all over colour

Graphic alloys:

View attachment 241690
Matt black
View attachment 241691

Ahh I thought it was a diamond cut surface, first close up I've seen of them. Definitely prefer the matte black finish on the Carbon but wish you could spec red callipers.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Ahh I thought it was a diamond cut surface, first close up I've seen of them. Definitely prefer the matte black finish on the Carbon but wish you could spec red callipers.

Yeah no idea why Audi have done the graphic design - it would look better just plain high gloss black.

Reactions: johnmv55

Black roof on the saloon

This exactly captures how I feel, but for some reason I feel id regret the choice later, the round steering wheel is a major put off for me atm, u didn’t spec the dynamic pack?

in terms of residuals? Pretty much the same right?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

Help
For me it was HUD and exclusive paint on the saloon. Can’t select exclusive on the carbon saloon and don’t think you can retrofit HUD or it’ll be silly money to do it. The carbon bits can be bought and retrofitted later so wasn’t an issue and I’ll have the steering wheel retrimmed as I don’t mind it being round.

Reactions: 3vans, NevMan, Spinstorm and 1 other person

Black roof on the saloon

Looks like you can now add RS Adaptive suspension with Audi drive select for £960 to the carbon without the rest of the dynamic pack following the recent changes to the configurator. Something else to consider now :sos:

Reactions: NevMan
This exactly captures how I feel, but for some reason I feel id regret the choice later, the round steering wheel is a major put off for me atm, u didn’t spec the dynamic pack?

in terms of residuals? Pretty much the same right?

not bothered about ceramics or adaptive ride so no dynamic pack

residual will he good for carbon

For me it was HUD and exclusive paint on the saloon. Can’t select exclusive on the carbon saloon and don’t think you can retrofit HUD or it’ll be silly money to do it. The carbon bits can be bought and retrofitted later so wasn’t an issue and I’ll have the steering wheel retrimmed as I don’t mind it being round.

We agree, sure I would prefer a flat bottom wheel but I am more annoyed that we don’t get the alcantara wheel and design packs inside; this is what I have complained to Audi about.

The Carbon bits can be added - again not cheap but it is possible unlike fitting a HUD and 360 Camera.
Lastly consider the value at the end if you want to trade it in - those bits are worth far more than a carbon spoiler.

Reactions: 5pot
We agree, sure I would prefer a flat bottom wheel but I am more annoyed that we don’t get the alcantara wheel and design packs inside; this is what I have complained to Audi about.

The Carbon bits can be added - again not cheap but it is possible unlike fitting a HUD and 360 Camera.
Lastly consider the value at the end if you want to trade it in - those bits are worth far more than a carbon spoiler.
Yes the design pack and red calipers are the only other options I really want. Be interesting to see what Audi Uk say to you as this is what they came back to me with

“We can appreciate your concerns and apologise for any inconvenience caused. What is advertised on the press release does not have to be the model released for the UK market and could be for other markets. The New Audi RS 3 is available on the UK website with the options available, you can confirm this via your local Audi Centre”

I emailed customer services about the design packs and they passed it to their marketing department, aka sent to deleted items.
My dealer said if I ordered exclusive the spec can’t be changed at all unlike a standard colour, I would have to cancel and reorder.
So if they add different options I’m stuffed, hence his suggestion to wait a month.
He also said they‘re making all sorts of cuts to get production running, like shipping cars with 1 key.

My last email from Audi UK gave me the feeling that they were getting a little fed up with me, I asked to conform that if the Vorsprung did indeed have adaptive suspension why is it also offered as a pack that cant be bought without the Dynamic pack?

I got a reply that ended with
Our sales process is dealt with by our Audi Centre, therefore I would recommend that you contact your local centre who will be happy to assist you further.
Contact details for all Audi Centres can be found here:

Well, the dealers are more confusing than the configurator and were the reason that I contacted Audi UK in the first place :help:

Now we are getting there with the Configurator, from no packages first thing this morning, to two confusing packages and now 3 packages with adaptive suspension ticked as std

I'm going to try my luck again with it :)

Reactions: NevMan and AndyVWR
Now we are getting there with the Configurator, from no packages first thing this morning, to two confusing packages and now 3 packages with adaptive suspension ticked as std

I'm going to try my luck again with it :)
This is over thinking - Vorsprung comes with adaptive suspension and sports exhaust. Simple. If you want ceramic brakes it is £4,445 separately now (or around that) and for an extra £45 you get the speed derestricted to 180MPH. Or you can select the de-restriction separately for £1175 (and it is confusingly combined with the suspension here). To me it really seems like Audi are pushing you to pay £5k and get both.

I know this wasn't there before with the separate options but my order form has always said adaptive suspension...

I agree it isn't well explained and doesn't make sense BUT just forget that with Vorsprung as it comes with it. No idea about Carbon though!

This is over thinking - Vorsprung comes with adaptive suspension and sports exhaust. Simple. If you want ceramic brakes it is £4,445 separately now (or around that) and for an extra £45 you get the speed derestricted to 180MPH. Or you can select the de-restriction separately for £1175 (and it is confusingly combined with the suspension here). To me it really seems like Audi are pushing you to pay £5k and get both.

I know this wasn't there before with the separate options but my order form has always said adaptive suspension...

I agree it isn't well explained and doesn't make sense BUT just forget that with Vorsprung as it comes with it. No idea about Carbon though

Right I ordered a Vorsprung last week and it says on my pdf order form it comes with adaptive suspension, On the Audi configurator its says the box is ticked for adaptive suspension but when you generate the Audi code at the end of the configurator and generate the PDF its not on there...

So where is it then??

First picture is my order.
Second picture is one I did this morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210821-092636_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210821-092636_Drive.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 90
One I did this morning

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210821-092320_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210821-092320_Gallery.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 106
Probably been mentioned before, but the Standard spec can now have the sports exhaust added as a single item which wasn't possible last week.

Just awaiting a call back from the dealers to change my order as this was the only thing I really wanted that was bugging me I couldn't have on the standard car.

Probably been mentioned before, but the Standard spec can now have the sports exhaust added as a single item which wasn't possible last week.

Just awaiting a call back from the dealers to change my order as this was the only thing I really wanted that was bugging me I couldn't have on the standard car.
What spec have you gone for on the standard car ? I didn't know you could spec the sport exhaust on its own when did that change ?
all I need now is the matrix headlights and the wheels off the carbon edition to be able to be specced and i'am ready to order :smiley:

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
What spec have you gone for on the standard car ? I didn't know you could spec the sport exhaust on its own when did that change ?
all I need now is the matrix headlights and the wheels off the carbon edition to be able to be specced and i'am ready to order :smiley:

Only way you’re getting those cool Matt black alloys is with that awesome wing spoiler mate ;)

• Sad
Reactions: NevMan and Mr Freeze
Only way you’re getting those cool Matt black alloys is with that awesome wing spoiler mate ;)
I am hoping the configurator is going to change over the coming weeks with the sports exhaust and adaptive suspension now being able to be specced
as individual options it gives me some hope i can have a car in the spec I want .

@Mr Freeze if you go Daytona you’ll hardly notice it
I am hoping the configurator is going to change over the coming weeks with the sports exhaust and adaptive suspension now being able to be specced
as individual options it gives me some hope i can have a car in the spec I want .

Keep fingers crossed I guess it’s possible.

Reactions: Mr Freeze
It's base spec with Comfort & Sound, Roof Rails in Turbo Blue.

The exhaust will complete my RS3 dream! Would love the carbon spec but it just falls outside what I'm happy with monthly.

It's base spec with Comfort & Sound, Roof Rails in Turbo Blue.

The exhaust will complete my RS3 dream! Would love the carbon spec but it just falls outside what I'm happy with monthly.
I got quotes for standard and carbon

Same spec as yours but in Tango Red
and Carbon edition with c+s Kemora Grey

I'm fine with monthlies it is the ballon at the end that I don't like as I always buy a car with the intention to own it outright at the end .

Added the Comfort and Sound pack onto mine this morning

Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan
Got a build date now! Week 44

Reactions: 3vans, 5pot, RS3ree and 4 others
Got a build date now! Week 44

fingers crossed I may get one shortly then ... looks like launch edition’s & then onto carbon’s :icon thumright:

Reactions: 5pot, NevMan, HulkRS3 and 2 others
Alas no changes for me; still not sent to factory but I do have a Vorsprung on order…

I ordered on Friday the 13th so we’ll see how that works out for us!

Emailed for update but not heard back yet.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
I ordered on Friday the 13th so we’ll see how that works out for us!

Emailed for update but not heard back yet.

Iv ordered a carbon version on the same day. Got an email today from the dealer saying they are still awaiting a build slot

Ordered mine on the 20th and they said it should be Jan/Feb delivery. I’ll probably take it March 1st (if it’s here) on a 22 plate.

Reactions: NevMan and 3vans