Saloon RS3 colour choice

Colour choice with black pack

• Nardo Grey

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • Catalunya Red

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters
Audi's flat paint Nardo is so soft one of so many reasons not to go for it... Oh l forgot one reason to choose it..... No cost option

A good detail and ceramic coat will help with that, along with a good maintenance cleaning technique :cocksure:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Thankfully we are not all the same . Because I would never suggest anyone’s choice was wrong , on any level.

I would lol it's a very expensive car mate and the most important thing about a car like a RS3...... is it's colour........ Audi's are designed around pearlescent/metallic or bold colours in mind......
Hey ho we're all different

I would lol it's a very expensive car mate and the most important thing about a car like a RS3...... is it's colour........ Audi's are designed around pearlescent/metallic or bold colours in mind......
Hey ho we're all different
The most important thing to me with the RS3 is the way it goes down the road not the colour. I’m quite sure that the millions that VAG spend in RD would probably have addressed what they were designed around before they chose the options for colours . If the most important thing to you is the colour then I’m afraid I think we will have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: SeoTFSI
I chose Nardo simply because it was free - I didn’t chose it because I thought it was beautiful.

My feelings toward Nardo and Ara are similar - except Ara is blue and I love blue - and its also crystal so looks great in the sun and Nardo is flat.

I have to say I love the aluminium on the Ara more than black... but I haven’t decided 100% yet - I will probably email my dealer over the weekend to make the change if I do. I am still at stage 10 - and don’t expect stage 20 until Mid December- Start January so plenty of time to change!
My S3 is Ara blue that’s why I’ve gone with nardo the Ara blue is too bright compared to my previous Sepang blue S3

Reactions: FBF01
If you see in the other thread I am most likely going to change my order in the next few days from Nardo to Ara Blue - and leaning towards aluminium pack.

I just love blue cars and although I think Ara is too bright in general I just can’t have a car that isn’t blue - and I know deep down - I would regret Nardo. Of course this is mainly thanks to @AudiNutta stunning Mica Blue RS3 which reminded me what I love about how my own existing Navarra S3 Saloon looks.
Do as you wish of course but Nardo is a great colour esp with black back. Doubt anyone would regret it.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Audi's flat paint Nardo is so soft one of so many reasons not to go for it... Oh l forgot one reason to choose it..... No cost option
£2.5k though for non RS cars ;) not a stone chip in sight on mine either after 2 years.

TX.

Reactions: Tristan2, FBF01 and Phil3
£2.5k though for non RS cars ;) not a stone chip in sight on mine either after 2 years.

TX.

Don't buy into this RS only colour malarkey........ Then you already have lol
At best it suits the Sportback car with all black addenda..... Which really bumps up the price........

TX.

Is yours protected in some way? I have stone chips all over my Panther Black pain.

The Audi paint seems pretty good to me - my Phantom Black A3 has 65k miles on it with no chips. In contrast, my BMW had lots with 30k on it.

A lot of it is thanks to the ceramic coating that’s on there protecting it well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I asked the dealer to change my Nardo with black pack to Ara and Alu pack - He said he couldn’t do it online - so has to call up sales Monday.

I just see all those videos of the Ara and Alu and it looks so good - and I just don’t feel inspired when I see the Nardo cars.

Decent shout that. Is it still configurable? Mine went to code 20 well before expectations.

So I asked the dealer to change my Nardo with black pack to Ara and Alu pack - He said he couldn’t do it online - so has to call up sales Monday.

I just see all those videos of the Ara and Alu and it looks so good - and I just don’t feel inspired when I see the Nardo cars.
Hopefully you get to change the colour on Monday, but Nardo and BSP is a great combo IMO. Good luck.

I detailed a Ara blue RS3 few weeks back, looked stunning in the sunshine
352832c3ff40fe23464082abba69e48a.jpg

Reactions: ice_cube99, Jassyo06, SeoTFSI and 1 other person
Hopefully you get to change the colour on Monday, but Nardo and BSP is a great combo IMO. Good luck.

I’m still at stage 10 - build week 22 January so it should still be adjustable.

Ara and Aluminium caught my eye originally so why not.

Soft paint is more forgiving for chips, so if it is softer it is going in your favour.
The Audi paint is still pretty hard - I went at mine (after letting a car wash outfit do their best to ruin the paint) with a DA machine using Sonus SFX-1 with a cutting pad for a fair while with absolutely no results at all. I was going to order a Maguires Deep Cut polish but couldn't be ar5ed in the end.

Reactions: AudiNutta
A good detail and ceramic coat will help with that, along with a good maintenance cleaning technique :cocksure:

Very true......but it does'nt detract from the blandness that a flat grey paint protrays,my first RS3 l drove was in Nardo.....l felt heart sorry for the car as it done nothing for it,Nardo is a contemporary colour.....it will soon go out of fashion,l was a great observer of used/ex demos of the RS3 ......and all the cars left on the shelves where in Nardo it was the same with TTRS ex demos

Time of eve where we get the uplifting positive comments from jassyo

Reactions: D0C and MartS300
Very true......but it does'nt detract from the blandness that a flat grey paint protrays,my first RS3 l drove was in Nardo.....l felt heart sorry for the car as it done nothing for it,Nardo is a contemporary colour.....it will soon go out of fashion,l was a great observer of used/ex demos of the RS3 ......and all the cars left on the shelves where in Nardo it was the same with TTRS ex demos
Nardo and silver yes, nardo and black no. Most of the demo cars were low spec nasty too so not surprised no one bought them.

TX.

Whilst I love ara blue with black pack a nardo rs7 parked next to me earlier and it looked fresh and amazing tbh

Reactions: Tristan2 and Jonny B

You seem to like pointing out your dislikes to other people tastes... are you trying to convince us we have chosen wrong :seenoevil: I get that you don’t have a liking for Nardo, but guess what... others do :yes: I couldn’t be more excited to get my ‘bland flat grey’ RS3 :yahoo:

Reactions: Terminator x, Tristan2 and Jonny B
I couldn’t put it better my self
That same person was I’m getting this Rs this and this Rs that,then buys another S3,says it all really

Reactions: Terminator x, billymc92 and Phil3
I detailed a Ara blue RS3 few weeks back, looked stunning in the sunshine
352832c3ff40fe23464082abba69e48a.jpg

Yes that’s my baby!!!!!

Reactions: Terminator x
Those silver wheels look...........dire

Corrected that for you....

I agree..... but I wasn’t going to be a mug like most and pay Audi for 1/2 inch increase and colour change, then get tucked up for £1200 for the privilege .... I’m far too savvy for that...lol

I really don’t understand why people do it.. truth be told ... but hey ho!!

Those original wheels are sitting in my garage waiting for the day I sell it...

If you want nardo save the money and just buy some cans of primer and do it yourself....don't understand the primer look.....there is a reason they put paint on top of primer.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I couldn’t put it better my self
That same person was I’m getting this Rs this and this Rs that,then buys another S3,says it all really

Dry yer eyes mate l love my S3 cracking car cracking colour cracking spec, there is no need for anything else....... I could have easily got a RS3

Yeah of course you could

Reactions: billymc92 and Jonny B
I quite like nardo, when it’s kept like this then it does look good especially with this huge brakes ;)
990e6da1990b411acac43f71d54c1a03.jpg

Reactions: dno_uk and Jonny B
I quite like nardo, when it’s kept like this then it does look good especially with this huge brakes ;)
990e6da1990b411acac43f71d54c1a03.jpg

Yeah it looks good on a sport back with all the black addenda like l said, but on a sedan no, Daytona on a sedan 100%

Reactions: FranA3
If you want nardo save the money and just buy some cans of primer and do it yourself....don't understand the primer look.....there is a reason they put paint on top of primer.

Well it’s not saving money considering you need to buy the primer and nardo is free.....

Reactions: Jonny B