RS3 Carbon Ceramic Brakes Issue

AdamRs1

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an RS3 with the factory carbon ceramic brakes which I’m having some issues with. After a few medium-hard brake cycles the other day the brakes seemed to fade quite badly. The brakes had hardly any bite to them and the pedal felt very spongey. I wasn’t even that harsh on them, definitely not as harsh as I’ve been with my Golf R on normal break discs.

The ccb’s don’t really squeak when cold however after driving for 10-15 mins seem to squeak. I know ccb’s can be noisy however I would’ve expected more noise when cold rather than when warm which I found strange.

As far as I’m aware the whole advantage to having ccb’s is to eliminate brake fade so I’m a little baffled.

Visually the brake discs look to be in very good condition, no rust and no lip around the edges, the car has less then 20k miles.

Anyone on here got any experience with ccb’s and could suggest why they are not working very well?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Lol ignore me, wrong section !

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

When was the last time the Fluid was changed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The car had a brake fluid service a month ago from Audi when it went it for a routine service.

The car had a brake fluid service a month ago from Audi when it went it for a routine service.

Was it exhibiting this behaviour prior to this ?

That was before my ownership unfortunately so I can’t say, I’ve only recently purchased the car.

Reactions: 8YARWY
That was before my ownership unfortunately so I can’t say, I’ve only recently purchased the car.

I’d say it’s not been bled correctly.

I’d say it’s not been bled correctly.

It’s going in to Audi next month so will have them take a look. Is there any tell tale signs other then poor brake performance of the fluid not been bled properly?

It’s going in to Audi next month so will have them take a look. Is there any tell tale signs other then poor brake performance of the fluid not been bled properly?
Your comment about a Spongy Pedal and lack of bite would have me concerned, If i were you I'd get them bled again as it sounds like you've still got some air in the system somewhere.......

Hi All,

I have an RS3 with the factory carbon ceramic brakes which I’m having some issues with. After a few medium-hard brake cycles the other day the brakes seemed to fade quite badly. The brakes had hardly any bite to them and the pedal felt very spongey. I wasn’t even that harsh on them, definitely not as harsh as I’ve been with my Golf R on normal break discs.

The ccb’s don’t really squeak when cold however after driving for 10-15 mins seem to squeak. I know ccb’s can be noisy however I would’ve expected more noise when cold rather than when warm which I found strange.

As far as I’m aware the whole advantage to having ccb’s is to eliminate brake fade so I’m a little baffled.

Visually the brake discs look to be in very good condition, no rust and no lip around the edges, the car has less then 20k miles.

Anyone on here got any experience with ccb’s and could suggest why they are not working very well?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I found they don't squeak from cold but more after a longer journey where you don't touch the brakes much and then yes them at slower speeds.

Have always found they are really grabby in town driving.

I only have them cos they look cool, was just the option to tick.

So I’ve just got the car back from Audi who said the brakes look completely fine. Took the car for a little drive and still got the squealing coming from the front left only.

From cold the brakes are quiet but after a few harsh brake cycles the squealing starts and is quite loud. Not been able to test the fade but the noise is still there and can be very annoying at times.

I’ve seen posts on here suggesting the ferodo pads to eliminate brake noise but I’m guessing they can’t be used with ccb’s?

So I’ve just got the car back from Audi who said the brakes look completely fine. Took the car for a little drive and still got the squealing coming from the front left only.

From cold the brakes are quiet but after a few harsh brake cycles the squealing starts and is quite loud. Not been able to test the fade but the noise is still there and can be very annoying at times.

I’ve seen posts on here suggesting the ferodo pads to eliminate brake noise but I’m guessing they can’t be used with ccb’s?

You cannot change carbon brake pads for regular pads.