RS3 can no longer be ordered

To be honest (and in my opinion) your in the hands of Audi de, whatever initial shambles and confusion both your local dealer and Audi UK throw into the mix once the order gets to Audi de the dealerships and Audi UK appear to know very little indeed,
This is from my own buying experience, after placing my order any updates that I received where generally after I asked the 'any news on my car?' question, it would appear that she would (sometimes I never even got a reply) then look on the system and come back with an assortment of replies:

1) No reply at all over a few days so I would ask again
2) No change in order
3) I was just about to call you (yeah right!) your order has (whatever the change on the system)

I now know I was 'lucky' I ordered Tango Vorsprung SB Sept 3rd 21, build date came through with about 6 weeks at (from memory) week 13/22, it then changed to week 6/22 and again the only way I found out was by asking the 'Any News' question.

I then (mid December) wanted to change the seats to the microfibre option, they tried and came back with 'We cant change the order as the BW has come forward to week 3/22' and the spec is 'locked in' (My car arrived first week of March)

So the point I am trying to make is the dealer appears not to get any updates unless they look at the system, whether they get a 'car is being shipped' or 'car is in the country' without looking or they only know once the car is in transport to the dealer I have no idea.

I suspect Audi de are doing a juggling act looking at parts available and either moving or cancelling orders to suit to get a cross section of cars out of the door, however, how they decide whose cars to build still appears a total mystery, like I said, I was lucky, many who ordered the same spec car as me and a month before me still havent got their car
My experience is pretty much identical

Reactions: Mike.46
To be honest (and in my opinion) your in the hands of Audi de, whatever initial shambles and confusion both your local dealer and Audi UK throw into the mix once the order gets to Audi de the dealerships and Audi UK appear to know very little indeed,
This is from my own buying experience, after placing my order any updates that I received where generally after I asked the 'any news on my car?' question, it would appear that she would (sometimes I never even got a reply) then look on the system and come back with an assortment of replies:

1) No reply at all over a few days so I would ask again
2) No change in order
3) I was just about to call you (yeah right!) your order has (whatever the change on the system)

I now know I was 'lucky' I ordered Tango Vorsprung SB Sept 3rd 21, build date came through with about 6 weeks at (from memory) week 13/22, it then changed to week 6/22 and again the only way I found out was by asking the 'Any News' question.

I then (mid December) wanted to change the seats to the microfibre option, they tried and came back with 'We cant change the order as the BW has come forward to week 3/22' and the spec is 'locked in' (My car arrived first week of March)

So the point I am trying to make is the dealer appears not to get any updates unless they look at the system, whether they get a 'car is being shipped' or 'car is in the country' without looking or they only know once the car is in transport to the dealer I have no idea.

I suspect Audi de are doing a juggling act looking at parts available and either moving or cancelling orders to suit to get a cross section of cars out of the door, however, how they decide whose cars to build still appears a total mystery, like I said, I was lucky, many who ordered the same spec car as me and a month before me still havent got their car
One regret I have regarding Ordering is I should have placed the order in September. I was hedging my bets a little as at the time I was still leaning towards a M4CS. When it was proving tricky to get one with good Provenance & low owners the fact it was going to cost more for a 3 year old Car than the new RS3 plus 80pm for a warranty extension steered me toward the Audi.

One regret I have regarding Ordering is I should have placed the order in September. I was hedging my bets a little as at the time I was still leaning towards a M4CS. When it was proving tricky to get one with good Provenance & low owners the fact it was going to cost more for a 3 year old Car than the new RS3 plus 80pm for a warranty extension steered me toward the Audi.
I placed my order in the last week of September still won't be built!!!! it don't matter what month you ordered in 2021 or 2022 cars should have been built on when they where ordered or close enough but as we all know......

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Terminator x
I placed my order in the last week of September still won't be built!!!! it don't matter what month you ordered in 2021 or 2022 cars should have been built on when they where ordered or close enough but as we all know......
Wouldnt it be nice if Audi explained the process of moving waiting orders to production.........................

Reactions: Jassyo06
My broker is ******* terrible. Always me chasing for an update. One update a month would be nice even how insignificant.

I ordered a exclusive vorsprung in the middle of 2022 ans they reckon I will be getting it around March/April time so who knows.. but I still have no build week.

My exclusive paint was accepted at factory too, if I get mines and some of you don't that ordered middle 2021 then something clearly is dodgy.

My broker is ******* terrible. Always me chasing for an update. One update a month would be nice even how insignificant.

I ordered a exclusive vorsprung in the middle of 2022 ans they reckon I will be getting it around March/April time so who knows.. but I still have no build week.

My exclusive paint was accepted at factory too, if I get mines and some of you don't that ordered middle 2021 then something clearly is dodgy.

I’d already say something is dodgy to be honest. Folk put orders in before and just after mine (mine was mid Sept ‘21) and they still haven’t been built, meanwhile mine was delivered in September. It’s nuts and I’d love to know how they’d try to justify it if you could actually get hold of someone with some actual clout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Patrickv, DangerMouseUK and Rs3Dude
Unless somehow the dealer complained to the right person in Audi UK and the car got prioritised then I'm guessing they're trying to fulfill all the more expensive orders with bigger profit margins first and trying to get rid of all the cars that they won't make that much money on.

Bit of a pee take to be honest with you as I was rather hoping all these 3rd party car dealers who've got 2-3 in stock and are charging 70k+ for them would come unstuck as more supply hits the market but I have a feeling they're gonna do ok out of this halt on production.

Not sure how all the 3rd party dealers managed to get 2-3 out of all the UK Audi retailers and all the personal customers get stuck waiting, seems a bit off to me.

Reactions: Patrickv and Rs3Dude
I’d already say something is dodgy to be honest. Folk put orders in before and just after mine (mine was mid Sept ‘21) and they still haven’t been built, meanwhile mine was delivered in September. It’s nuts and I’d love to know how they’d try to justify it if you could actually get hold of someone with some actual clout.

Audi UK is useless. Waste of time responding to them. I remember someone commenting that making a complaint with Porsche helped pushed orders in front quicker.. I honestly think that is just bull.

I don't have LinkedIn but that would be the best bet. Messaging the head of Audi UK/DE I'm sure you can post on profiles if they've shared something.. I think that's what we should do spam them with "where's our order" comments they get notified when someone looks at their profile too.

I had a case going with Audi UK Executive Office, which judging from the names on the email signatures are just the same people using different signatures when they reply and a slightly different email to standard "customer care".

They were about as useless as if I'd just talked directly at a brick wall for 2 hours, in fact, I'd have probably felt less stressed out talking to the brick wall.

Audi DE will just palm absolutely everything off to Audi UK saying "we are just the manufacturer".

Audi UK will just palm absolutely everything off to the retailer saying "we are just the distributor".

The retailer will just palm everything off to Audi UK saying "we are just the retailer".

And around you go - I have my suspicions that they do this deliberately to just wear you out and make you give up - which most people (myself included) will end up doing.

Just as a heads up if you do log it with them, they (Audi UK) aren't listening to your story to try and help you in any way whatsover, they're listening to find anything at all that you say that they can use to say they aren't the people responsible for dealing with the issue and to pass it back to the retailer or simply close the case.

They also don't group faults or incidents on models together, so even if 1000 other people have called with the same fault (ie the eSOS TCM fault) they will act like they have never heard the story before and have no way of checking if anyone else has ever reported it.

Reactions: Rs3Dude
They also don't group faults or incidents on models together, so even if 1000 other people have called with the same fault (ie the eSOS TCM fault) they will act like they have never heard the story before and have no way of checking if anyone else has ever reported it.
Very True,

Years ago RHD A3 was suffering massively with front wiper motor failure, Audi where changing them 'when or if' the car came back in for a service/fault
I asked if mine could be done as wifey was using the car and the thought of the wipers packing in on a busy, wet and dark Motorway worried me,

The reply when I sat down and asked the Service Girl?

''We have not seen any of these 'internet failures' don't believe all that you read Mike''

To which I replied........

''What about the 20 odd A3's with wiper motor failure that you have parked down at the Football ground car park because you dont have the room for them here?''

To which she repied.......

'Oh, how did you find about that?''

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and VAGRANT
Very True,

Years ago RHD A3 was suffering massively with front wiper motor failure, Audi where changing them 'when or if' the car came back in for a service/fault
I asked if mine could be done as wifey was using the car and the thought of the wipers packing in on a busy, wet and dark Motorway worried me,

The reply when I sat down and asked the Service Girl?

''We have not seen any of these 'internet failures' don't believe all that you read Mike''

To which I replied........

''What about the 20 odd A3's with wiper motor failure that you have parked down at the Football ground car park because you dont have the room for them here?''

To which she repied.......

'Oh, how did you find about that?''

giphy.gif

Mike at the Audi dealer reception

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, DangerMouseUK, Mike.46 and 2 others
Unless somehow the dealer complained to the right person in Audi UK and the car got prioritised then I'm guessing they're trying to fulfill all the more expensive orders with bigger profit margins first and trying to get rid of all the cars that they won't make that much money on.

Bit of a pee take to be honest with you as I was rather hoping all these 3rd party car dealers who've got 2-3 in stock and are charging 70k+ for them would come unstuck as more supply hits the market but I have a feeling they're gonna do ok out of this halt on production.

Not sure how all the 3rd party dealers managed to get 2-3 out of all the UK Audi retailers and all the personal customers get stuck waiting, seems a bit off to me.
If poverty spec Cars are not getting Built then as I ordered C&S & Dynamic Pack on my CB SB then maybe I'll be OK?
As of Today still no Indication as to whether my "Halo" Car is actually going to Materialise....

Most dealers took orders from the 3rd party dealers as soon as the car was announced and maybe earlier tbh, the sales chap at Crewe Audi told me if a (3rd party) dealer walks in and orders 6 RS3's we are hardly going to turn him away.....................
But........
I do also see the other side of the argument

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and Jassyo06
Most dealers took orders from the 3rd party dealers as soon as the car was announced and maybe earlier tbh, the sales chap at Crewe Audi told me if a (3rd party) dealer walks in and orders 6 RS3's we are hardly going to turn him away.....................
But........
How are they turning up though as it seems no one can influence production?

TX.

Reactions: Jassyo06
But........
I think most cars still awaiting a build slot won't reach build stage at all given that cars with build slots have been removed my car and a few others that l know of on here included,lower specification cars always turned up quicker less chops involved....then there's the Conspiracy Theory that bigger discounted cars/lower Apr cars won't get built either ....less profit ...A fairy tale buncha bo££ocks

If poverty spec Cars are not getting Built then as I ordered C&S & Dynamic Pack on my CB SB then maybe I'll be OK?
As of Today still no Indication as to whether my "Halo" Car is actually going to Materialise....
Poverty spec :tearsofjoy:
This forum at times.....

Reactions: Jassyo06 and 8YARWY
Still awaiting an Answer on whether my order is going to be Built 15 days on from our last dialogue. They have until the end of this Month before I tell them to F**k off for good.
I am actually at the point where I despise Audi & Jardine Motors..........
Their "interpretation" of dealing with customers is exasperating to say the least......
I have had a pretty bad time with Jardine as well!

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
I guess one of the problems with early orders now is the MRP between those early cars and later one's, when I ordered my Vorsprung SB list was around £58k, I paid mid £55 with a cheeky discount (Dont ask, dont get attitude) so now the dealers are 'forced' to honour early orders and they and Audi uk and de are losing the thick end of £5 to £6k between them?

I have said this numerous times, it's about time the dealers where done away with, just have a service centre, the rest could be sorted by half a dozen huge centres with every car on display, then just order direct 'on line' with either Audi uk or ecen better Audi de

Next time your in an Audi Glass and chrome emporium just count the number of people in there (minus techs etc) then multiply the number by an average monthly wage.............................scary and your paying that monthly bill buying your car :scared2:

Reactions: Alan Oliver
Not looking good, for me either them. Based on the above.
My SB V order was placed in May 22, after 8 weeks and to cover my a88e i went to Jardine and they advised they had no build slots available for 2023 at all. Went to Volkswagen to enquire about a Golf R and i was told its 18 months for a performance model, so my backup is now an 2023 qtr 1 M2 240i Xdrive coupe not what i want but my RSQ3 SB Audi sport PCH expires in May 23.

End of Nov 2021 Jardines MK
I order my SB Vorsprung in August 2021 with Jardine Shrewsbury and still no confirmed build week, I normally get to within a month of the date and they drop the order or give me a date months away. so far I have had 2022 BW 24 27 29 39 45 and 51!

VW Golf 'Performance' pack now deleted :(
Just had an email from Volkswagen. They have just release a Golf R "20 years" on the configurator Mk8, 2.0 TSI 4motion, 7 speed DSG, 333PS. Base price £48095.

Reactions: Patrickv
Just had an email from Volkswagen. They have just release a Golf R "20 years" on the configurator Mk8, 2.0 TSI 4motion, 7 speed DSG, 333PS. Base price £48095.
That's only 9K less than the Vorsprung that I ordered I have had lots of Golf and would have considered one if it had buttons and a bonnet strut the MK8 R that I drove just didn't do it for me.

Reactions: spookuk
I order my SB Vorsprung in August 2021 with Jardine Shrewsbury and still no confirmed build week, I normally get to within a month of the date and they drop the order or give me a date months away. so far I have had 2022 BW 24 27 29 39 45 and 51!
You ordered earlier than me Patrick, All I have ever had was 2023 BW 13 And since that was deleted a couple of months ago (iirc) Nitto, Zip, Zilch.
When I ordered in November 2021 I was advised 6 Months. As someone who worked successfully in the business I would (in my position, Upon the assumption there was not a snowballs chance that my Customer would see a Car in 2022) have disclosed this (unless all Sales Execs were embargoed not to) or tried to locate/offer a used alternative in Group (They actually had an Ex Demo at the Shrewsbury Branch) as it turned out I would have declined it as it was a Black Entry level Car. But my Motto when I was in the Trade was always "if you don't ask etc..."

I think a lot of SE's in Gin Palace franchises these days are Salaried so actually working hard to turn a good living into a really good one either doesn't apply or occur.....

Reactions: Patrickv
You ordered earlier than me Patrick, All I have ever had was 2023 BW 13 And since that was deleted a couple of months ago (iirc) Nitto, Zip, Zilch.
When I ordered in November 2021 I was advised 6 Months. As someone who worked successfully in the business I would (in my position, Upon the assumption there was not a snowballs chance that my Customer would see a Car in 2022) have disclosed this (unless all Sales Execs were embargoed not to) or tried to locate/offer a used alternative in Group (They actually had an Ex Demo at the Shrewsbury Branch) as it turned out I would have declined it as it was a Black Entry level Car. But my Motto when I was in the Trade was always "if you don't ask etc..."

I think a lot of SE's in Gin Palace franchises these days are Salaried so actually working hard to turn a good living into a really good one either doesn't apply or occur.....
I am pretty sure when the salesman took my deposit and my PX off me saying that the car will be here by Xmas 21 was a lie. After every time I threatened to cancel and they said it won't be much longer it was another lie. Audi is shipping RHD Vorsprungs to Australia and yet Audi Executive Office says they are not prioritising customers.

Ordered Vorsprung in Kemora November 21 and have now got a build date April 23 so around week 13/14 but not getting too excited after reading these posts about it may get cancelled as mine was pre-increase price rise.

Reactions: RS03??? and Patrickv
Ordered Vorsprung in Kemora November 21 and have now got a build date April 23 so around week 13/14 but not getting too excited after reading these posts about it may get cancelled as mine was pre-increase price rise.
I think you will get it but when is the question?

I am not into posting Untruths or unduly Malicious reviews but I posted a Google review on Audi Shrewsbury. Everything stated is 100% on point regarding my experience. I didn't call anyone out, Just told it as it is.
They must get one Star reviews flagged for immediate attention as their Sales Manager added a noted respond request that I can call him to discuss the Matter.

So correct me if I'm wrong, I place an Order 13 months ago for a 60K Car that you have no idea whether I will receive it and don't see fit to be upfront about that but it's me that has to call you.......

Priceless.

Reactions: Patrickv, Rs3Dude and Jaeger12
A pal has had an email today that his Carbon Black green Saloon comfort and sound pack is now in build, looks like they are prioritising saloon cars..

Wants 60 ish for it if anyone's interested?

I am not into posting Untruths or unduly Malicious reviews but I posted a Google review on Audi Shrewsbury. Everything stated is 100% on point regarding my experience. I didn't call anyone out, Just told it as it is.
They must get one Star reviews flagged for immediate attention as their Sales Manager added a noted respond request that I can call him to discuss the Matter.

So correct me if I'm wrong, I place an Order 13 months ago for a 60K Car that you have no idea whether I will receive it and don't see fit to be upfront about that but it's me that has to call you.......

Priceless.
The Sales Manager Anthony Jones just repeats the same line it's Audi's fault we are waiting. In fairness after several complaints, they do ring me telling me my car still does not have a confirmed BW. This will be my last VAG car if it ever arrives.

A pal has had an email today that his Carbon Black green Saloon comfort and sound pack is now in build, looks like they are prioritising saloon cars..

Wants 60 ish for it if anyone's interested?
For some reason Saloon's were built earlier than Sportsback. all I can think is Sportsback are slightly more in demand.

Reactions: Patrickv and Rs3Dude