RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

How long was your car at the German port? I think a sailing is on its way! https://www.vesselfinder.com/ports/DEEME001
I only had confirmation it was at Emden on the Friday followed by confirmation it was on a ship on Saturday, shortly after that the Ship "Parana" departed Emden on its way to Sheerness, it Docked today at 15:00ish. it could have been on the ship that landed the day before "Pelagic Piranha" if the update was a bit delayed.

I had confirmation it had been built and left the factory on Feb 1st (Confirmed BW was W/C 16th Jan) so it could have been sat at emden for a maximum of 26 days or a minimum of 11.

Hopefully I'll get confirmation its in the UK tomorrow or early this week. My sales rep is good with updates.

Reactions: Apache007, Basher (Peter), Kevmoz and 3 others
I only had confirmation it was at Emden on the Friday followed by confirmation it was on a ship on Saturday, shortly after that the Ship "Parana" departed Emden on its way to Sheerness, it Docked today at 15:00ish. it could have been on the ship that landed the day before "Pelagic Piranha" if the update was a bit delayed.

I had confirmation it had been built and left the factory on Feb 1st (Confirmed BW was W/C 16th Jan) so it could have been sat at emden for a maximum of 26 days or a minimum of 11.

Hopefully I'll get confirmation its in the UK tomorrow or early this week. My sales rep is good with updates.
Thanks for that my salesman rarely rings me I am just glad the whole wait is about to end and I can enjoy the car.

Reactions: Jaeger12, kayemill and RS03???
My car has been at Emden for three weeks now! I have no idea why it takes so long to ship?
Our cars must be sat together at Emden haha, been there for what seems like forever.

Still no update from my dealer.

Reactions: Patrickv
Isn't the existing exhaust layout a RS trait? If so why would they change it to what sounds like a R32 lookalike

I’d say the same, however this was spotted being tested by Porsche a while back.

And in theory it would only require a relatively small modification to the back box and rear diffuser.
7ba898f63b2a1c518168e880f4afc4b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d say the same, however this was spotted being tested by Porsche a while back.

And in theory it would only require a relatively small modification to the back box and rear diffuser.
7ba898f63b2a1c518168e880f4afc4b6.jpg

I'll wait to see what appears, but I'll say that Porsche at least have history of moving the tailpipes about like that whereas RS cars have always been ovals at the corners of the bumper (as far as I know?). So maybe less strange to see the above rather than the pipes moving together for a facelift 8Y?

Our cars must be sat together at Emden haha, been there for what seems like forever.

Still no update from my dealer.
Check with your dealer mine has arrived pick up on the 3rd of March!

Reactions: Jaeger12, AHRS3, kayemill and 1 other person
Seems my cancelled Vorsprung Daytona Grey Sportsback is now on the ship. Was ordered in Aug 21, 18 months so far.

• Wow
Reactions: Apache007, Jaeger12, Patrickv and 1 other person
I'll wait to see what appears, but I'll say that Porsche at least have history of moving the tailpipes about like that whereas RS cars have always been ovals at the corners of the bumper (as far as I know?). So maybe less strange to see the above rather than the pipes moving together for a facelift 8Y?

I think it’s a case of ‘my mate heard this’ so it must be true lol.
Typical of these cars.

Reactions: Daggerit
dealer update - car has moved forward a week to BW10 from 11. ordered nov 21. CB SWB in Mythos.

Reactions: Jaeger12 and Apache007
My SE emailed today to say it’s not landed in the UK yet but not given me any more news. I’ve asked where is it, still in Germany or in the sea but nothing! I’m sorry to say but the updates have been very sporadic and I’ve had to chase and chase to get any information at all. Like @Patrickv i really want the process over and can’t wait for the 3rd March to come quick enough.

My SE emailed today to say it’s not landed in the UK yet but not given me any more news. I’ve asked where is it, still in Germany or in the sea but nothing! I’m sorry to say but the updates have been very sporadic and I’ve had to chase and chase to get any information at all. Like @Patrickv i really want the process over and can’t wait for the 3rd March to come quick enough.
Ours might be close, I'm sure @Patrickv said his car arrived at port 26th Nov and has now landed. Mine arrived there 10th December, so could be a week/week and a bit away from it itself being loaded onto a boat.

Mine is status 20 and had Build week 7 confirmed which I think is this week.
Racing blue mica.

Reactions: Tommm and Jaeger12
8C71C8E0 CE61 4ED2 A0F3 101747CD2880

Received this email on the 7th saying it’s been built, had a call from the dealer today saying it left the factory 3 days ago and is now at the port awaiting a boat

Reactions: Daggerit, RS03???, Apache007 and 2 others
Screenshot 20230215 120347 Gmail

Fingers crossed it gets to my dealer ready for March 1st as that's the only slot my detailer has available. On a side note it now finally says RS3 instead of A3 in my emails

Reactions: Apache007 and RS03???
Update from my Audi dealer:

Just to let you know , Audi have given us an update of movement of cars , They have now given us a release date of 08/23 which is ( which is 20th -26th )
so unfortunately this will not be here by end of the month , the good news is it will be a 23 plate car in March

Just to let you know , Audi have given us an update of movement of cars , They have now given us a release date of 08/23 which is ( which is 20th -26th )
so unfortunately this will not be here by end of the month , the good news is it will be a 23 plate car in March

Same update as from my dealer. Puzzled as to why some have been held but looks like mine and yours will be part of this release. Only been sat at port since 14th Nov!!! Hopefully not sat outside all that time

Why do some get updates and others don’t? So I still don’t know if mine is at Emsen, on a boat or in the UK. When I ordered my Golf R I had updates at each stage. After so long waiting (I know there are some that’s waited longer) you would think that as it’s so close they’d keep you well informed now. I’ve gone from ‘not worried about delivery’ to ‘I want it now’ especially as I know its so close

Why do some get updates and others don’t? So I still don’t know if mine is at Emsen, on a boat or in the UK. When I ordered my Golf R I had updates at each stage. After so long waiting (I know there are some that’s waited longer) you would think that as it’s so close they’d keep you well informed now. I’ve gone from ‘not worried about delivery’ to ‘I want it now’ especially as I know its so close
Ive only had 2 emails. the we have your order shortly after placing my order then the next one was a arrived on boat, dealer passed on the in build, on train, at Emden info....

Ive only had 2 emails. the we have your order shortly after placing my order then the next one was an arrived on boat, dealer passed on the in build, on train, at Emden info....
I had the we’re preparing, its in build its been check and now over to you. I’ve asked the SE where it but they don’t appear to know or where to get that information from. I’ll just have to be more patient!!

Spreadsheet - Tracker for new RS3 2022 models with, Variant type, member name, when order placed, delivered and Estimate build date given,
For sake of anonymity blanked out the member names, will show on request.
Summary 32 RS3 orders have been placed, 2 completed by end of this week.

If you wish your details updated and shown, let me know, and I will update on a weekly basis. Mine is a Vorsprung so will be around updating this for a good while.

View attachment 246549
It would be interesting to know the average order-date to actual build date by model variant. I understand that the Carbon Edition has proved so popular that the waitlist is as long as Autoroute E3! The Vorsprung less so. I ordered a Carbon edition with all the bells and whistles in Feb 2022 but not a whiff of a build date yet. Luckily, I could afford a low miler Launch edition while I wait for my preferred spec but I count myself as lucky

Reactions: Apache007
I have noticed cars aren’t shifting quickly as before on the used/new market. People tightening their belts or realising the RS3 is just not worth 55 odd grand perhaps?

Dundee have a bone stock one that they struggling to shift two price shaves already in less than a month!

I have noticed cars aren’t shifting quickly as before on the used/new market. People tightening their belts or realising the RS3 is just not worth 55 odd grand perhaps?

Dundee have a bone stock one that they struggling to shift two price shaves already in less than a montRealisation h!

Dundee have a bone stock one that they struggling to shift two price shaves already in less than a month!
The RS3 price hike over a year ago plus the demise of the Youtube hype/ high interest rates have .....have had a drastic affect on this extremely overpriced car
The YouTube hype managed to mask the RS3 8Y's achilles heel for a while ie.....interior and exhaust noise some realised this some still persist on getting one each to their own though

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Tommm
The RS3 price hike over a year ago plus the demise of the Youtube hype/ high interest rates have .....have had a drastic affect on this extremely overpriced car
The YouTube hype managed to mask the RS3 8Y's achilles heel for a while ie.....interior and exhaust noise some realised this some still persist on getting one each to their own though

People saying it’s over priced. It’s not. It’s just the cost of things now.

Going to disagree price hike was introduced long before inflation and energy hikes/Ukraine war/****** up delays before all of the above mentioned excuses. Audi just got greedy due to the high demand

I thought so……. Until seeing this today

2a9f078d22b6f5df56292295c2aaea0d.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and garethdj
Going to disagree price hike was introduced long before inflation and energy hikes/Ukraine war/****** up delays before all of the above mentioned excuses. Audi just got greedy due to the high demand
Wouldn't any business? or did Audi do something out of the norm, whatever industry you look at?

I honestly think it is overpriced a fully loaded vosprung by the time the last of deliveries that take place at the end of THIS year you probably could get in an average miles 2020 C8 RS6! For the cost of a fully loaded VS. I know what I would pick.

£55-65k right now gets you into some serious metal.. no doubt a lot more fun to drive too.

I haven’t waited over a year and half like some but right now I am not bothered if the car comes or not, doesn’t help that it appears a facelift could be on the road early Q1 and if that does take place all the trim levels base price will surely go up another few grand individually.. on the road price for a fully loaded facelift VS 70k?! Ha.

The excitement has been totally evaporated due to the logistical incompetence shown by Audi and lack of customer service in keeping customers updated.

Reactions: cooperp and Scooby216

I didn’t mention any of that. It’s no more or less expensive than an A45s now or before all of the aforementioned.

That’s the price of a top tier ‘hot hatch’ these days.

Reactions: mb127 and Daggerit
I honestly think it is overpriced a fully loaded vosprung by the time the last of deliveries that take place at the end of THIS year you probably could get in an average miles 2020 C8 RS6! For the cost of a fully loaded VS. I know what I would pick.

£55-65k right now gets you into some serious metal.. no doubt a lot more fun to drive too.

I haven’t waited over a year and half like some but right now I am not bothered if the car comes or not, doesn’t help that it appears a facelift could be on the road early Q1 and if that does take place all the trim levels base price will surely go up another few grand individually.. on the road price for a fully loaded facelift VS 70k?! Ha.

The excitement has been totally evaporated due to the logistical incompetence shown by Audi and lack of customer service in keeping customers updated.

Apples to oranges.

Reactions: Daggerit
I had this email drop a few days ago , the last I was told car was at build week 9, but now had email saying car is in build so if the email is right it’s jumped a bit closer again which is great news, not sure how accurate these notifications are

Attachments

• 69291B1A-F959-40FF-8F6E-D62B046928A3.jpeg
    69291B1A-F959-40FF-8F6E-D62B046928A3.jpeg
    330.5 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: kayemill, Apache007 and Kevmoz