RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

How do you check what boat your car is on?

I ordered an RS3 on 2nd Dec (Vorsprung/Kyalami Green/Saloon) and was told this week the car had arrived at Emden.

Reactions: kayemill
I have build week two of 2023 does any know how long it takes from the build week to delivery at the dealership?

Reactions: RS03??? and Jaeger12
I have build week two of 2023 does any know how long it takes from the build week to delivery at the dealership?

My build week was 28 of this year (11th July) and was ready for delivery 16th Sept. It sat waiting for parts after build for a while though, hopefully others aren’t like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news, finally a BW in 2023. Mine was also ordered on the 2nd day of order opening for the exact same spec and was not given any BW at all and remained status 0 until I pulled the plug in May 2022. Aligns with BW given for @cooperp for his Sportsback Daytona Grey as a batch build.

Last edited:
Reactions: cooperp
I have build week two of 2023 does any know how long it takes from the build week to delivery at the dealership
Mine was BW 2 2022, I picked the car up March 5th

Reactions: Patrickv
Good morning all,
We have 3 members cars in status of build or inTransit @M7, @RS3ree, @Kevmoz,
in the new year 2023, @Patrickv and @cooperp Sportsback Daytona Grey Vorsprungs are due to commence build on the 2nd week.
Tidyup:
Cleaning the held data. @peeta777 , @mb127 and @AjRS3 were given BW in 3rd qtr of 2022, please advise on the latest.
@cblagg was another member, no longer (active ?) in the forum so will remove from the list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaeger12, Patrickv, RS3ree and 3 others
Good morning all,
in the new year 2023, @Patrickv and @cooperp Sportsback Daytona Grey Vorsprungs are due to commence build on the 2nd week.
Tidyup:
Cleaning the held data. @peeta777 , @mb127 and @AjRS3 were given BW in 3rd qtr of 2022, please advise on the latest.
@cblagg was another member, no longer (active ?) in the forum so will remove from the list.

A cancelled mine, not due to wait times but deliberation between this and a new Porsche, it was very hard decision..

Reactions: RS03???
Good morning all,
Tidyup:

My BW was removed at MY23 changeover.

My BW was removed back in August/September but I now have another provisional build week of 46/2023.:grumpy: If it stays like that, by the time I get it, it will be 2 years from order. @RS03??? The dealer is Teesside Audi if you want to update.

My BW was removed back in August/September but I now have another provisional build week of 46/2023.:grumpy: If it stays like that, by the time I get it, it will be 2 years from order. @RS03??? The dealer is Teesside Audi if you want to update.
@Carl P, Thanks, updated. Quite strange almost well into end if 2023 and does not gel well if a facelift is in the mix.

Does anyone know if the rear reflectors on the bumper are the same for the saloon as the hatchback?
Back of a Sportback and back of my saloon. Look the same to me.

Attachments

• A0F90B46-3381-41D9-B528-1C3AC9E0EB2B.jpeg
    A0F90B46-3381-41D9-B528-1C3AC9E0EB2B.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 130
  • 62F2F6AF-910E-4EA9-B3F9-7FD467D7804F.jpeg
    62F2F6AF-910E-4EA9-B3F9-7FD467D7804F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 115
Reactions: Kevmoz
Happy Xmas all,
Not too much of an update. Awaiting on 3 cars to arrive on UK shores.
Will be quiet on new car deliveries for the next few days into Jan 2023.
Summarise, majority of the cars delivered on our spreadsheet were in 2022, the remaining 50% in 2023?.

Reactions: kayemill, Jassyo06, Daggerit and 2 others
How do you check what boat your car is on?

I ordered an RS3 on 2nd Dec (Vorsprung/Kyalami Green/Saloon) and was told this week the car had arrived at Emden.
maybe this is him
I was in emden today and there is 1 to be shipped to the uk

Attachments

• rs3 1.jpg
    rs3 1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 85
  • rs3 2.jpg
    rs3 2.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 100
Reactions: AHRS3, kayemill, IanL-RS3 and 1 other person
maybe this is him
I was in emden today and there is 1 to be shipped to the uk

I’d love to say yes but that’s a Carbon Black rather than a Vorsprung like his spec. At least there’s another coming this way though. Good spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @RS03??? for keeping the tracker spreadsheet updated. Hope you’ve had a great Christmas. No more news on my delivery, I’ll keep you posted in the new year.

Reactions: RS03???, spookuk and kayemill
Hi,

Just wanted to put my order on the list!
Ordered a Kyalami Green Sportback Carbon Black edition in week 30 of 2022.

Still no estimated build week from dealer (should I chase them up about this?)

Ordered from Wearside Audi UK.

Great work on maintaining the spreadsheet, merry Christmas and happy new year!

Reactions: RS03??? and kayemill
Good morning guys. Another new member here, again I repeat what the member above said top marks for the spreadsheet.
Just wondering if I can get some advice. I placed a order for a Vosprung Daytona Grey spotback on 1st of October a week later I got two emails on the same day from Audi.. Within half hour of each other.. One thanking me for placing the order and another email half hour before that email stating that they are gathering the parts to build my car…

I understand that they are going to bulk build the Daytona Grey sportbacks in January.. I know it looks unlikely seeing as my order was placed October 2022 but does anyone think I could be part of that batch build? My sales guy is not responding to my emails so don’t even know if I have a build week yet but was quoted one year when placing order.

Reactions: RS03??? and NorthEastRS
Good morning guys. Another new member here, again I repeat what the member above said top marks for the spreadsheet.
Just wondering if I can get some advice. I placed a order for a Vosprung Daytona Grey spotback on 1st of October a week later I got two emails on the same day from Audi.. Within half hour of each other.. One thanking me for placing the order and another email half hour before that email stating that they are gathering the parts to build my car…

I understand that they are going to bulk build the Daytona Grey sportbacks in January.. I know it looks unlikely seeing as my order was placed October 2022 but does anyone think I could be part of that batch build? My sales guy is not responding to my emails so don’t even know if I have a build week yet but was quoted one year when placing order.
Hi and welcome. Honestly mate, nobody knows! There have been a couple of people who placed orders and the cars were built fairly quickly. Audi don’t seem to have any science behind their build schedules. There are people who ordered early on who still haven’t got their cars. There is a conspiracy theory about this that as the price was much lower at time of order, Audi are prioritising cars at the increased prices. Again, nobody knows. Keep in contact with your dealer who is able to check the status of your order. The emails you get from Audi are fairly sparse but you will get one when it goes into build. Don’t get too excited though as cars can stay in build status for months!

Reactions: Tommm
There are far too many variables going on when placing an order.

I ordered mine on a Thursday, the girl said they would put the order through on the following Monday, I guess that means they order every Monday after the weekend's sales?

And where does that order go? maybe to the dealer group HQ? they then could be delaying the order as dealer 'x' has already ordered more than his fair share?

If your dealership has a target quota of specific cars and he has reached that he's hardly going to say ''I cant order that until next month as I have exceeded my quota'' he will just keep quiet and order it next month rather than risk you ordering elsewhere.

Then how much of the 'Porsche sales model applies?' (I ordered a GT4, I was 3rd on their 'letter of intent' list..................until that is I got the call that the model was available to order and I needed to put my £10k down............................I was told they let 'previous customers' jump the list, I was now 12th I think and told 'you might not even get one at all'
I cant believe that Audi dealerships wouldnt do that as well for regular customers with a little leverage who buy new cars every year or so

Some good news today, my car is in build, it’s an automated email but it’s something, it indicates a 3 week build time, then delivery to the UK, so I guess it will arrive in February, so for me a March 23 collection. That would mean 19 months in total. Hopefully the dealer will confirm things in a week or two.

Reactions: IanL-RS3, M7, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Some good news today, my car is in build, it’s an automated email but it’s something, it indicates a 3 week build time, then delivery to the UK, so I guess it will arrive in February, so for me a March 23 collection. That would mean 19 months in total. Hopefully the dealer will confirm things in a week or two.
Not surprisingly, a similar spec, I ordered in Aug21 is now being build notification today. I cancelled this on May22, after getting another from Crewe in Mar22. So if there are anyone wanting a Daytona Grey , Vorsprung Sportsback, contact West London Audi when it arrives in UK early next year into their stock.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 13.20.38.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 13.20.38.png
    568.7 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: Schuey
Thanks and Welcome @NorthEastRS & @Tommm , added to the list.
My cancelled Daytona Grey also seems to be in the process of being built as a batch, almost 18months from point of order. Worth a call to the dealer, (see above) ,if its not already been sold.

Reactions: NorthEastRS and Tommm
Hi and welcome. Honestly mate, nobody knows! There have been a couple of people who placed orders and the cars were built fairly quickly. Audi don’t seem to have any science behind their build schedules. There are people who ordered early on who still haven’t got their cars. There is a conspiracy theory about this that as the price was much lower at time of order, Audi are prioritising cars at the increased prices. Again, nobody knows. Keep in contact with your dealer who is able to check the status of your order. The emails you get from Audi are fairly sparse but you will get one when it goes into build. Don’t get too excited though as cars can stay in build status for months!
Cheers fella, some good points there! Yes I’ve noticed a few remarks about the price increase and orders that were placed prior to that, it seems from recent posts these particular orders are starting to come through which is good news for those who still want the car.

There are far too many variables going on when placing an order.

I ordered mine on a Thursday, the girl said they would put the order through on the following Monday, I guess that means they order every Monday after the weekend's sales?

And where does that order go? maybe to the dealer group HQ? they then could be delaying the order as dealer 'x' has already ordered more than his fair share?

If your dealership has a target quota of specific cars and he has reached that he's hardly going to say ''I cant order that until next month as I have exceeded my quota'' he will just keep quiet and order it next month rather than risk you ordering elsewhere.

Then how much of the 'Porsche sales model applies?' (I ordered a GT4, I was 3rd on their 'letter of intent' list..................until that is I got the call that the model was available to order and I needed to put my £10k down............................I was told they let 'previous customers' jump the list, I was now 12th I think and told 'you might not even get one at all'
I cant believe that Audi dealerships wouldnt do that as well for regular customers with a little leverage who buy new cars every year or so
Hi Pal, makes total sense, yes I was shocked they don’t seem to put order through straight away and it seems a bit daft having to send it to Audi UK who then orders it with factory. A lot of faffing about. Think what’s important is knowing the dealer allocation too, wouldn’t be surprised the more the dealer orders the quicker they get their cars through. Places like Staff Audi, Birmingham, West London must get quite generous allocations overall.

Audi UK seemed to have cocked up big time with the specification side of things and lack of transparency, a lot of flipping for high margins by both dealers and private/trader buyers usually such things are frowned at Porsche and will get you blacklisted.
My cancelled Daytona Grey also seems to be in the process of being built as a batch, almost 18months from point of order. Worth a call to the dealer, (see above) ,if its not already been sold.
Hi pal, cheers will give them a call tommorrow and see what they say.. Tbh it might be worth calling around quite a few dealers, wouldn’t be surprised if a few have been cancelled tbh.

Not surprisingly, a similar spec, I ordered in Aug21 is now being build notification today. I cancelled this on May22, after getting another from Crewe in Mar22. So if there are anyone wanting a Daytona Grey , Vorsprung Sportsback, contact West London Audi when it arrives in UK early next year into their stock.

called and they said they couldn’t find it on the system, chap said it either means allocated to someone else/elsewhere don’t know what he meant by that. Oh well. Cheers anyway

called and they said they couldn’t find it on the system, chap said it either means allocated to someone else/elsewhere don’t know what he meant by that. Oh well. Cheers anyway
Quite possibly already allocated. My sales contact is on leave till next year, he may respond on his return.

Reactions: Tommm
I phoned my dealership today to get update on bw only to be told my build week has disappeared so after being at bw 11 of 2023 for a few months it doesn’t look good now after 16 months already , hopefully might be ok but won’t hold my breath

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Jassyo06, RS03??? and Jaeger12
Hi guys had a call from Audi dealership before Christmas with a build week 7 of 2023 vorsprung Daytona grey sport back
ordered November 2021

Reactions: RS03??? and Jaeger12
Had my bi-weekly update today, still status 10 week 03. Hopefully status 20 in the next update.

Hi guys had a call from Audi dealership before Christmas with a build week 7 of 2023 vorsprung Daytona grey sport back
ordered November 2021
that’s looking good if they stick to dates you think late February

I phoned my dealership today to get update on bw only to be told my build week has disappeared so after being at bw 11 of 2023 for a few months it doesn’t look good now after 16 months already , hopefully might be ok but won’t hold my breath

Had the same guff back in October 2022 lost track of time to be honest bit like yourself ...To be honest who wants a RS3 now after waiting 16 months and counting by the time it arrives soon after it'll be improved and face lifted ...then the car residuals ar$e will fall right out it.....not a cheap car as it stands

P
Had the same guff back in October 2022 lost track of time to be honest bit like yourself ...To be honest who wants a RS3 now after waiting 16 months and counting by the time it arrives soon after it'll be improved and face lifted ...then the car residuals ar$e will fall right out it.....not a cheap car as it stands
Yep the whole experience has been awful to be honest , I think I will wait and see what happens in next couple of weeks , I don’t understand what order they build these cars as originally it was because of certain options I had ticked but there have loads of vorsprung cars delivered now and they have pan roofs and hud fitted oh well fingers crossed